BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Glacier »

The fact is, the stock markets are going to tumble on July 16th, and dividendless Blackberry will sink further than most.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Glacier wrote:The fact is, the stock markets are going to tumble on July 16th, and dividendless Blackberry will sink further than most.

RIM is rumoured to pay its first dividend July 15. For real!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Glacier wrote:The fact is, the stock markets are going to tumble on July 16th, ... .

Why is that going to happen ?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

steven lloyd wrote:[Why is that going to happen ?

I'm certain it was a little tongue in cheek.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:[No problem.....apology accepted.

Technincally I did not apologies. But, since I beleive that manners never take a holiday, I'm sorry. :132:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Think the play is gone. Covered today. Good luck static, I'm outta this one......for now. Still made 4k on the short and 20k on the news run.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

twobits wrote:Think the play is gone. Covered today. Good luck static, I'm outta this one......for now. Still made 4k on the short and 20k on the news run.

Sure you did. You need to tell us your enterance point for us to beleive you.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Volumes are tappering off. Anything under $14 is a good enterance point for those who are long on BB. If I had more funds available I would continue to buy.

Bay Street and Wall Street are pump and dumping this stock. Insititutional investors will use a no-name brokerage house to release baseless negative reveiws about the stock and or product, with the hope it will drive down the value of the stock, shorting it in the process. This is evident in the trading volumes related to a negative piece of news.

Once they feel a price floor has hit, similar to 2Bits assesment at $13, the shorters will begin to cover their shorts and prices will jump because short sellers must purchase the stock in order to realize the profit. The share price will begin to climb, and more baseless claims will be made and shorting follows. In the meantime, large institutional investors go long and purchase large positions throughout all the negaitve press.

Without releasing baseles claims, there woud be no way for institutional buyers to invest tens of millions of dollars in the stock on a daily basis like they are doing without making it jump. Then, once RIM releases their better than expected earnings, Bay Street and Wall Street will turn Bullish and place buy recomendations. These recomendations will push prices much higher making the insitutional investors the bulk of realized profits since they already own the bulk of the shares. Once the insitutional owners feel a peak has been hit, they will continue to recommend the shares and offload them into their clients potfolios, leaving you and I with the bulk of potential losses.

The stock market is a game that is ruled by a few big players and this just happens to be one of their strategies. There are hundreds of stocks this practice has taken place on. The most memorable one for Canadians is most likely Nortel. Banks and brokerages made billions off first touting the shares, then offloading them into client portoflios at its price peak, only to short the hell out of it once their holdings are eliminated. The same can be said about RIM too, only we are now at the point where the institutions are offloading their shorts and loading up on shares. Ask people what prices their advisors purchased Nortel and RIM (pre-2011) at,and this practice becomes evident. There is a reason why the minority control the majority of wealth.

Trading, like 2Bit reportedly does, is nothing but luck, unless you have a few hundred million to invest. Traders will only tell you about the wins, but never the losses. Next to financial statments, large sums of money are needed to affect the value of a stock. That is all that is happening today. Big investors are loading up on the stock at the expense of the sheeple.

I stick to me earlier assessment that anything under $14 is a good price to go long. How about your next enterance point 2bit?

Edit to add: I will leave the dancing emoticon until I make 2bit and LANDM look more foolish.

Oh heck..I cant help myself..... :discodance:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

So, for the zillionth time, what is it that you *think* I am predicting, Static?

What I am saying, for the zillionth time, is that you are treating your opinion as fact when it is not. Whatever happens will unfold in the fullness of time. If BBRY goes to $40 as you have predicted, that's great. I can feel good about someone else's success (unlike you, with twobits saying he/she made something on their trades). However, if it sits around where it is, or goes down or is a object of a takeover, it doesn't mean I am right. It just means that the possibility of this happening, which I have recognized, actually occurred, contrary to what you portray as fact.

Your basis for feeling so strong about it is personal, based on your analysis and that is fine. I just think it is hilarious that you rip everyone a new one if the news is negative, and then you post tiny positive news as though that is all that matters. You claim that all of the analysts downgrading the stock are morons but then trot out your own morons because they are bullish. Try being consistent, dude.

So, your thing on "trying to make me look foolish" is great for your own personal needs if that's what you are into..........however, if you look back, for the zillionth time I have always said that I hope BBRY will succeed. It just isn't as straightforward as you make it seem. And, your personal bias is something that is fascinating to watch so keep it up. :loonytunes: You amuse me.

And, in the meantime, I got to use the word "zillionth" more in this post that I have in my life.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:So, for the zillionth time, what is it that you *think* I am predicting, Static?

What I am saying, for the zillionth time, is that you are treating your opinion as fact when it is not. Whatever happens will unfold in the fullness of time. If BBRY goes to $40 as you have predicted, that's great. I can feel good about someone else's success (unlike you, with twobits saying he/she made something on their trades). However, if it sits around where it is, or goes down or is a object of a takeover, it doesn't mean I am right. It just means that the possibility of this happening, which I have recognized, actually occurred, contrary to what you portray as fact.

Your basis for feeling so strong about it is personal, based on your analysis and that is fine. I just think it is hilarious that you rip everyone a new one if the news is negative, and then you post tiny positive news as though that is all that matters. You claim that all of the analysts downgrading the stock are morons but then trot out your own morons because they are bullish. Try being consistent, dude.

So, your thing on "trying to make me look foolish" is great for your own personal needs if that's what you are into..........however, if you look back, for the zillionth time I have always said that I hope BBRY will succeed. It just isn't as straightforward as you make it seem. And, your personal bias is something that is fascinating to watch so keep it up. :loonytunes: You amuse me.

And, in the meantime, I got to use the word "zillionth" more in this post that I have in my life.

LANDM needs a :luffyou: . Why are you even worrying abou it? If you haven't picked up on the gist of this thread yet, I will remind you that it consists of me defending my analysis of the company, something that you have challenged on numerous occassions. Don't take it personally my friend (2Bit included). Its all in good fun (unless you are Homeowner :144: ). :130:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:

Sure you did. You need to tell us your enterance point for us to beleive you.

Told you when I bought at 8 and sold at 16 and change. Told you when I shorted and told you when I covered. Right here in black and white. Good luck with your long position static. I do hope it works out for you.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Static
Guru

Post by Static »

twobits wrote:Good luck with your long position static. I do hope it works out for you.

Oh Man do I ever hope so :dyinglaughing: I will look like the biggest a$$. :clueless:
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Return to “Canada”