BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by oneh2obabe »

I suggest you guys (no need to name names - you know who you are) take your *bleep* match to PM and quit derailing the thread.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

http://www.castanet.net/news/Business/1 ... es-Android

Can it still be called Blackberry. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I think it's a great idea. They are focusing on their security and software and that's exactly what this move was. Hence, the growth in the software revenue.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Static wrote:I think it's a great idea. They are focusing on their security and software and that's exactly what this move was. Hence, the growth in the software revenue.

It sound like they are or will be dropping their software and using Android's so they can run more App's, since Blackberry software in not compatible run those App's.

So it goes from being a Blackberry to an Android phone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Pfff. The only thing going for them was uber secure Blackberry software used for business and govt applications when Android and Apple are not secure enough. And now they're dropping it - so all they have now is a rather expensive and stuck behind times hardware. Way to give away your last remaining advantage.

Oh well.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Captain Awesome wrote:Pfff. The only thing going for them was uber secure Blackberry software used for business and govt applications when Android and Apple are not secure enough. And now they're dropping it - so all they have now is a rather expensive and stuck behind times hardware. Way to give away your last remaining advantage.

Oh well.

They are bringing their security software to the Android operating platform. They are not dropping anything.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

GordonH wrote:
It sound like they are or will be dropping their software and using Android's so they can run more App's, since Blackberry software in not compatible run those App's.

So it goes from being a Blackberry to an Android phone.

They will still have their operating system on their own phones but they are making their software compatible with Android. Its a smart move.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:They will still have their operating system on their own phones but they are making their software compatible with Android. Its a smart move.

Hmmmmm, in addition to not knowing what a mathematical truth is (another thread, haha), you don't know how an operating system works. They are making a phone that uses android. They will include a bit of customization, like other android phone manufacturers, but it is basically using a stock android operating system.
You and 71 others Like this post
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Afraid LANDM's got you there static.

It's either an Android operating system, or it's Blackberry's operating system on a device, not both.

That's like saying your home computer runs Apple and Windows at the same time. Not going to happen.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Its still a good move. BlackBerry OS10 does not have many toy apps that people like. The BlackBerry operating system isn't going anywhere.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Nice, so now people will have to carry around 2 phones. That will never raise any suspicion.
lol
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Nice, so now people will have to carry around 2 phones. That will never raise any suspicion.
lol

No problem. Agent 86 had that covered back in the 60's with the phone in the shoe. The dome of silence was the precursor to what is now Blackberry.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:Its still a good move. BlackBerry OS10 does not have many toy apps that people like. The BlackBerry operating system isn't going anywhere.

It's interesting that you continue to refer to "toy apps". Not quite up on what is going on out there in the world, are you?

Developers of *any* apps will not develop for a platform that has no users. They will develop for the platform that has actual people who buy phones and use them......android and iPhone.

Gone are the days when blackberry was the dominant game in town and it was the only secure platform. When phoning, texting, and emailing were the "real" business applications and all other uses were toys. Yes, you can certainly buy games for androids and iPhones, but you can get such a multitude of useful business tools, including those that are incredibly specific to certain industries.

Get with the program. You were wrong on this one and it's a dead issue. But at least you are slowly realizing it's not going anywhere.

And I was a blackberry user for waaayyyy longer than probably 95% of the users out there. My replacement "toy" Samsung S6 would allow me to do so many more useful tasks......if only I remembered my glasses......and that is with a huge screen. But that's my problem, not the phone's.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

BlackBerry remains the most secure. That is why governments, military, and executives still use them. I have an S6 too. It's a piece of garbage. Battery sucks, the useability sucks. I don't care about toy apps, I don't use them. You clearly have not tried QS 10. If you did, u would realize how superior the new BlackBerry is. The stock is still a gamble. The company is not dead, sorry Landumb.

Return to “Canada”