BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Static
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Static »

Static wrote:Positive cashflow proves you wrong. As an operating company they are still healthy. They are not just in the smartphone market.

Please explain how their debt is an issue. Their current assets are over 300% greater. I don't expect you to know what that means so I will explain it; they can pay the debt off tommorrow.

And your comment on QNX is wrong. It is growing 18% YoY. Read up before you dish out, dcipher.

ETA: the Priv is getting much better reviews than any of their most recent phones. Moving to Android benefits both Google and BlackBerry because they compliment each other. Android offers the apps demanded by BlackBerry users and BlackBerry provides the security demanded by Android customers. At the mall every store and kiosk was sold out of the Priv.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Static wrote:Positive cashflow proves you wrong. As an operating company they are still healthy. They are not just in the smartphone market.

Wow, you must really be in deep! BB a healthy company? Where is that coffee spitting emoji when you need it?

Static wrote:ETA: the Priv is getting much better reviews than any of their most recent phones. Moving to Android benefits both Google and BlackBerry because they compliment each other. Android offers the apps demanded by BlackBerry users and BlackBerry provides the security demanded by Android customers. At the mall every store and kiosk was sold out of the Priv.

Wiki wrote:The Priv received mixed reviews by critics. Ars Technica approved of the phone's software for staying close to Android's default user experience while providing optional enhancements, but criticised that the phone doesn't ship with the latest version of Android, which brings additional privacy and security features. The phone's distinguishing hardware keyboard was panned; it was considered "unpleasant" to use due to its size, flat keys and its interaction with the OS. The phone's build quality was criticized, with its back cover described as feeling "spongy" and its sliding mechanism described as being "scratchy" and "friction-filled". The Priv's display received criticism for its "grainy" color reproduction, while its curved screen was considered a "rather useless gimmick" that was inappropriate for the device's target market. The hardware mute button was considered to be "counterintuitive", as it does not mute the device unless it is already playing audio, otherwise triggering the system volume controls. The device's camera was panned for producing washed-out images with poor contrast and low-light performance. The Priv was also criticized for being too expensive, due to other phones with superior hardware and lower prices In conclusion, such as the Nexus 6P. While commending BlackBerry for being in "way better shape with the Priv than it was with any of its BB10 devices", the Priv was ultimately described as being "passable".

The Verge felt that the Priv's hardware was "quite good", noting that the thinness of the device's two halves averted it from feeling "top-heavy" when its keyboard was in use. BlackBerry's Android distribution was also praised for its additional user interface features, as well as the ability to toggle permission grants to apps (similarly to Android 6.0). BlackBerry Hub was also praised for allowing users to "filter all of [their notifications] in a million different ways to get super productive views of what you need to get done really quickly", but criticized for not supporting all services, and for not allowing users to archive messages from Gmail within the interface. The Priv was panned for containing a number of shortcomings, including a slow camera, performance and heat output issues, not being able to reach BlackBerry's advertised battery life, as well as its high price. In conclusion, the Priv was declared a "remarkable" debut for Android on BlackBerry hardware, albeit marred by its performance issues.

Not exactly a glowing review by any stretch of the imagination. If the best that BB can do is offer a new phone that is "passable", they truly are circling the bowl, and fast.

In your defence however, you didn't specifically say the Priv was getting good reviews, you just said it was getting better reviews than any of their most recent phones.
Last edited by Jx3 on Nov 16th, 2015, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Lol....wiki is the only reveiw? That is in need of the coffee spit emoji. Learn to read financial statements. If it was going under it would be $1 per share. Please explain how a PROFIT is bad. I want to hear your assessment of the financial statements. In deep? No. My dividends cover the loss.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Static wrote:Lol....wiki is the only reveiw? Learn to read financial statements. If it was going under it would be $1 per share. Please explain how a PROFIT is bad. I want to hear your asesmnet of the financial statements. In deep? No. My dividends cover the loss.

LOL. Wiki doesn't write reviews, they quote other reviews and list the sources.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bbry/financials

Pretty much says it all. The downward spiral as BB circles the bowl is well documented.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Well their financial statements say otherwise. But, anyone who bases their assessment of a company on wiki really should not be making one at all. Again, profit says it all. They are at the bottom, all up from here. If not, I can take the loss. No biggie!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Static wrote:Well their financial statements say otherwise. But, anyone who bases their assessment of a company on wiki really should not be making one at all. Again, profit says it all. They are at the bottom, all up from here. If not, I can take the loss. No biggie!

Well kudos to you for your unwavering, blind, almost cult-like support for BB over the years on this forum. It really has been quite entertaining to watch I must say. LOL

ETA: FWIW, if you had actually read the quoted Wiki article I posted you would have known that it was simply a review of the Priv (just another soon to be failed BB product relegated to the dustbin of technology). It was not an assessment of the company at all.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

There are numerous reveiws and at the end of the day sales is what will matter. Going Android is a game changer.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Posted via BlackBerry ^^
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^^ that was actually a good one, ante!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Static wrote: At the mall every store and kiosk was sold out of the Priv.

Not all that remarkable a feat, if they only had two phones to begin with. 8P

Sold out means diddley squat, without putting it in some sort of context, like perhaps providing the data, on how much stock they had to begin with.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I agree, without stats stores selling out means squat but They were forced to push back their orders because they didn't make enough supply. They don't just make 100000 phones at once. The order would have been over 1m. They also released a second Android phone called the Vienna.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

It is still a risky stock but I haven't sold out yet. I am favoring Interpipeline though. 6.3% dividend, growing earnings, increased dividends, and all their pipeline and storage tanks full. If you're looking for something conservative that's a good buy.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:It is still a risky stock but I haven't sold out yet. I am favoring Interpipeline though. 6.3% dividend, growing earnings, increased dividends, and all their pipeline and storage tanks full. If you're looking for something conservative that's a good buy.

Static...seriously don't do this. Not here anyway. It just makes you look like a market maker pump and dump. And no, I did not look at the stock but that is irrelevant to the message I'm trying to convey to you.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Thanks Grampa for your twobits. Trust me, it is not a pump and dump. But, I really do not give a crap what people think. It is my largest holding. Bought it in 2006 for $7.90 and it had a $0.84 annual dividend, today it is $24 with a $1.56 annual dividend . BB is still a good gamble.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:Thanks Grampa for your twobits. Trust me, it is not a pump and dump. But, I really do not give a crap what people think. It is my largest holding. Bought it in 2006 for $7.90 and it had a $0.84 annual dividend, today it is $24 with a $1.56 annual dividend . BB is still a good gamble.

OK, you made me look. Solid company. Good PE now. Nice dividend. Also note that you rode them from 35 to current 23ish in last ten months. Why not a set sell and profit take? Actually think I'll pick up a few k now.
Still does not make it appropriate on this thread and that was the message.

Sorry, can't agree with you on BB. All I see is a declining asset base and no money for r and d. It's cooked. All I see for it's future is a fire sale for whatever remaining value there is for intellectual property or customer list, or a slow and steady decline to nothing if they insist on hangin in. My grampa advice to you would be to take the capital loss now and use it to offset gains. The best thing you are going to achieve from BB right now is legal tax avoidance. And that is not a bad thing. It is actually a valuable tool in the investors tool kit.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Canada”