BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Static
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Static »

What is your point? They are going to be very profitable and there stock price is very undervalued. This is what the debate is about. Investors will make a good profit.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Like I predicted, losses much smaller than anticipated. And, the losses are predominantly one-time (restructuring) an paper losses. Cash increased $100M to $2.3B..... :discodance: I love you Homeowner.

Edit to add: shares up 12% in after hour trading.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Well Static had a good night. Up 20% in overnight trading... The biggest jump in 9 years.

I watched a preview of BB10 and while I'd still rather have an iPhone, if our IT guys force us to stick with BB I'll be excited to upgrade when I get the chance. it does a lot of things right and the new BBM interface looks particularly cool.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeowner...*crickets* :sillygrin:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lost 15 bucks in what, 6 months? gains 75 cents and you're gloating. :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

dead cat bounce because of a short squeeze. fools and money don't mix
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I was gloating about my assesment that the losss would be less than the last two quarters, which they were. Please learn to read financial statements. Once you do, please give me your educated opinion. Until then, your input is worth not much more than a child's. Again, I will have the last laugh.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:I was gloating about my assesment that the losss would be less than the last two quarters, which they were. Please learn to read financial statements. Once you do, please give me your educated opinion. Until then, your input is worth not much more than a child's. Again, I will have the last laugh.

Having not one, but two post graduate degree's in business and finance I find it laughable that an unregistered financial advisor like yourself would question anyones ability to read a financial statement. There might be some money to be made off of RIM but it will be a play, not as an investment. Clearly that difference eludes you. Any advisor that recommends plays is one to run away from and fast.
What are YOUR credentials? Why are you unregistered and unable to solicit clients? There are reasons for such rules and it usually means qualifications......or lack of.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Very well put, twobits. You certainly got his, and Rim's, number. Now it's best to just ignore him, and report his inevitable personal attacks.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

RIM is an investment. My degree in accounting gave me an indepth understanding of financial statements. It is clear that your education in finance was a complete waste if you are unable to see the value in the stock. I am unlicensed because I choose to enjoy life rather than work 40 hours a week. Who knows, maybe in a few years I will work as an investment counsellor, or raise cash in OM. But in the meantime, it still doesn't change the fact that the RIM bashers on thsi thread will look like fools. :sillygrin:

I know many people with post graduate degrees in finance, none of them have outperformed my newsletters portfolio since inception.

I am not allowed to solicit clients because of securities law. You should know that Mr. MBA (Masters in Begin Again)
Last edited by Static on Oct 1st, 2012, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeownertoo wrote:Very well put, twobits. You certainly got his, and Rim's, number. Now it's best to just ignore him, and report his inevitable personal attacks.

What are your stock picks Homeowner? My personal attacks? Come on, your kidding right? :coffeecanuck:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Static wrote: I am unlicensed because I choose to enjoy life rather than work 40 hours a week.

Is that also why you choose to pay someone else’s mortgage instead of your own ?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Any decent financial advisor will tell you it is much cheaper to rent than to buy. I rent a house in North Van, with city veiws, that the landlord paid $850,000 for, the rent is $2400 per month. That would be the interest on the mortgage, then throw in taxes and upkeep, I am much further ahead to rent.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Interesting. I don't live live in North Van but my mortgage (plus tax) is less significantly than the current average rental price where I live; far less than the rental price for a home comparable to the one I live in and the equity I've gained in the last eight years quite substantial. I'm kinda glad I didn't have any "decent" financial advisors around at the time I bought this house.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

SL, that's awesome. If I were to buy today it would be the opposite.
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

Static wrote:SL, that's awesome. If I were to buy today it would be the opposite.

You have been saying the same thing for over 8 years. By now you would have paid it off, had equity, and had a payment equal to only your property taxes, at least based on the rediculous rent you have been saying you paid over the years.

Yeah... you're relly a great financial guru. Here's your dumb Emoticon back at you (Yeah, you are literally the only one that uses it in almost every post you make) :sillygrin:

Good luck with your Black Berry stocks... I'm sure they'll get back to the 12 bucks you bought them at some day.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.

Return to “Canada”