dogbreath
Board Meister

Re: Appears gun registry finally gone

Post by dogbreath »

steven lloyd wrote:
dogbreath wrote:Image
Restricted

Non Restricted

I own both these guns, same caliber, one is restricted and the other isnt.

:137: Was that second one used for gopher hunting ???

I use that one for putting holes in paper at the gun club. I dont really take it anywhere else.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Kenyo wrote:In my time as a street cop, the registry was of no value!! You always suspected weapons were there, never letting your guard down.

Further was not the street cop that saw value, it was the Canadian Chiefs of Police who supported the initiative. Many of them haven't seen street work in years.

No loss other then all the money blown away!!

Well, to be fair, the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police were treated to a $105,000 gala and personal Celine Dion performance by the company that developed the registry software.

That seems like a good enough reason to try to keep a $2 billion white elephant alive, eh? :wink:

The most interesting research that I saw into the registry's uselessness was a survey of front line cops, by a front line cop, which revealed a full 92% saying they never relied on the registry and felt it should be eliminated in favour of redirecting the funds to more effective law enforcement tools. There's not much congruence between the politically-motivated chiefs (complete with their love of Celine Dion) and the folks who actually use enforcement tools in this case.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
CJT84
Board Meister

Post by CJT84 »

Rwede wrote:
Kenyo wrote:In my time as a street cop, the registry was of no value!! You always suspected weapons were there, never letting your guard down.

Further was not the street cop that saw value, it was the Canadian Chiefs of Police who supported the initiative. Many of them haven't seen street work in years.

Well, to be fair, the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police were treated to a $105,000 gala and personal Celine Dion performance by the company that developed the registry software.

That seems like a good enough reason to try to keep a $2 billion white elephant alive, eh? :wink:

The most interesting research that I saw into the registry's uselessness was a survey of front line cops, by a front line cop, which revealed a full 92% saying they never relied on the registry and felt it should be eliminated in favour of redirecting the funds to more effective law enforcement tools. There's not much congruence between the politically-motivated chiefs (complete with their love of Celine Dion) and the folks who actually use enforcement tools in this case.

They must be out of touch with reality, they like Celine Dion.
bcpaul
Fledgling

Post by bcpaul »

You can't even buy ammunition without a PAL license.
The PAL application is 7 pages with questions like:

If the signature of your current spouse, common-law or other conjugal partner is not provided,
the Chief Firearms Officer has a duty to notify them of your application.

During the past five (5) years, have you threatened or attempted suicide, or have you suffered from or been diagnosed or
treated by a medical practitioner for: depression; alcohol, drug or substance abuse; behavioural problems; or emotional
problems?

During the past two (2) years, have you experienced a divorce, a separation, a breakdown of a significant relationship,
job loss or bankruptcy?

During the past five (5) years, do you know if you have been reported to the police or social services for violence, threatened or attempted violence, or other conflict in your home or elsewhere?

Please provide information about your current conjugal partner

Provide information about your former conjugal partners. This includes any person, other than the person named in Box 18, with whom you have lived in a conjugal relationship within the last two (2) years. If you need more space, list the information on a separate sheet of paper

1st Reference
A reference is anyone who has known you for at least three (3) years and is at least 18 years old. However, he or she CANNOT BE your current conjugal partner.

2nd Reference
A reference is anyone who has known you for at least three (3) years and is at least 18 years old. However, he or she CANNOT BE your current conjugal partner.

A photo guarantor is a person who confirms that the photograph you supply accurately identifies you. Your photo guarantor must have known you for at
least one (1) year and must be at least 18 years old. Your conjugal partner or one of your references may be your photo guarantor. Your photo guarantor
must sign below and on the back of the photograph.

:ohmygod: my passport application was shorter.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rwede wrote:

That’s just what I said, we never used it!! Many times there was no time, as I said you always believed ( NOT ASSUMED ) there were guns inside. The average Sask home has no less than three weapons. That is average, I know guys who have in excess of 30 in their homes.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

@ bcpaul My partner has a restricted PAL and listed me on the application. They never contacted me once.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Canada”