Québec: Student tuition fees increase cancelled

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Québec: Student tuition fees increase cancelled

Post by kibbs »

I am so proud of the students Quebec. Vive la liberte.I only wish our students had the nads to get our tuitions reduced.Our education system was built for the entitled . How many real smart people out there haven't gone to post secondary because of the financial burden . educating our society is the best investment we can possibly make.
Peace be with you.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SurplusElect wrote:
I thought "the 1%" pays all the taxes in Canada. The working man doesn't even contribute (meaningfully)

You thought wrong. Most of the taxes paid in Canada are paid by the top 10%, and the rest by the middle class, while the bottom 40% hardly pay any taxes and draw out way more than they pay.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

kibbs wrote:I am so proud of the students Quebec. Vive la liberte.I only wish our students had the nads to get our tuitions reduced.Our education system was built for the entitled . How many real smart people out there haven't gone to post secondary because of the financial burden . educating our society is the best investment we can possibly make.

you understand though that they ultimately failed right? That while their nads or whatever got them a tuition reduction cancelation they are getting their funding cut now. That's bad and a direct result of the students not wanting to pay their "fair share"....LOL
Not afraid to say "It".
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

you understand though that they ultimately failed right? That while their nads or whatever got them a tuition reduction cancelation they are getting their funding cut now. That's bad and a direct result of the students not wanting to pay their "fair share"....LOL

the money has been taken from the universities ,we don't know where those cuts will take place they could cut something useless or redundant If it is removed from useless things it might not damage, usually when you remove expensive useless things from a system it works better.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

you understand though that they ultimately failed right? That while their nads or whatever got them a tuition reduction cancelation

they won a tuition increase cancellation .and the big expensive universities with their grandiose budgets will have to make the cuts .poor kids won rich professors lost.i love it. it's just like robin hood,or star wars right here in canada.
hope and change. vive la revolution.
Peace be with you.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

kibbs wrote:
the money has been taken from the universities ,we don't know where those cuts will take place they could cut something useless or redundant If it is removed from useless things it might not damage, usually when you remove expensive useless things from a system it works better.

That is true. They should remove all of the social work, psychology, general studies, political science and sociology classes. They would save a lot of money and cost the economy nothing.
Not afraid to say "It".
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

They should remove all of the social work, psychology, general studies, political science and sociology classes

no i think that's what the nazis did.it didn't work.maybe they have top heavy administration to cut .profs with ten year who do nothing ,massive ancient buildings in one of the coldest places in canada that gobble huge tax bucks to maintain.they could do it without affecting the kids.
Peace be with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

kibbs wrote:
no i think that's what the nazis did.it didn't work.maybe they have top heavy administration to cut .profs with ten year who do nothing ,massive ancient buildings in one of the coldest places in canada that gobble huge tax bucks to maintain.they could do it without affecting the kids.

KIbbs, I am curious, what was your major in cheap tuition university?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

what was your major in cheap tuition university?

i have a doctorate in forum controversy. I'm a single parent struggling to make ends meet with a genius child ready for college.i'm not on welfare i have a small business for those who like to assume and judge.my parents also split with no money at the time when i wanted to go as well.how many rich kids without intellect are cheating and buying there way through the system.this is why these students give me hope,for change for poor smart kids in the future.
Peace be with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

kibbs wrote:
i have a doctorate in forum controversy. I'm a single parent struggling to make ends meet with a genius child ready for college.i'm not on welfare i have a small business for those who like to assume and judge.my parents also split with no money at the time when i wanted to go as well.how many rich kids without intellect are cheating and buying there way through the system.this is why these students give me hope,for change for poor smart kids in the future.

So your parents didn't have the forsight to save for your tuition and split with no money. You find yourelf in single parent status. Is that not a choice you made or a choice you made not to change? For these reasons, all because of yourself or persons that should have been near and dear to you, you think we should all pony up and give your genius kid a free education?

If your kid is a genius he/she does not need free tuition. They need to apply for scholarships and bursuries. Student loans are also available. If they are smart and persue an in demand course of study, they will have no problems being successful. To say they cannot succeed without a handout is a diservice and insult to your child and nothing more than you being on welfare of a different kind.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

ersons that should have been near and dear to you, you think we should all pony up and give your genius kid a free education?

I never chose to be a single parent life just happens sometimes it was the last thing i wanted .with all the scholarships and monies we've saved we still fall short ,not free cheaper I don't think we could be as good as France do you.jobs of any kind for youth are very hard to find .i see more seniors than kids in these ENTRY level jobs"hello welcome to walmart and would you like fries with that".Its very hard for those who have and have always had ,to see how hard it really is . its all black and white to people with money.but the truth is we will destroy our education system at our peril.when our people lack the skill to do the work it will be outsourced.we need the best and brightest not the most privileged.
Peace be with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

kibbs wrote:

I never chose to be a single parent life just happens sometimes it was the last thing i wanted .with all the scholarships and monies we've saved we still fall short ,not free cheaper I don't think we could be as good as France do you.jobs of any kind for youth are very hard to find .i see more seniors than kids in these ENTRY level jobs"hello welcome to walmart and would you like fries with that".Its very hard for those who have and have always had ,to see how hard it really is . its all black and white to people with money.but the truth is we will destroy our education system at our peril.when our people lack the skill to do the work it will be outsourced.we need the best and brightest not the most privileged.

You should move to any one of the Mediteranean Countries. Your attitude and sense of entitlment fit right in with their populations mindset and why they are all bankrupt. You'd have us follow that path.
Have had 4 kids and none of them ever had a problem finding part time and summer jobs.....ever. They also were not too pround to flip burgers, deliver papers, wash toilets or dig ditches. All of them by the way have either completed or are still attending post secondary education with minimal support from ma and pa. There is no excuse under our current system that would make further education inaccessible to anyone......your child included. Quit whining for a handout.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You should move to any one of the Mediteranean Countries.
no but Quebec is looking good ,i just don't like the weather.We grow in numbers and you rich are fewer .change will come it is inevitable.like you said ma and pa not single .try walking a mile in my shoes before you judge.my kid is not afraid of work just didn't make any where near to what he needs.my comment was that seniors are taking up many entry level positions instead of retiring It is harder for many kids to get jobs.We will get their it will just take us longer .Merry Christmas to all who are less fortunate.and to the greedy and selfish.
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 22nd, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace be with you.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

kibbs wrote:no but Quebec is looking good ,i just don't like the weather.We grow in numbers and you rich are fewer .change will come it is inevitable.like you said ma and pa not single .try walking a mile in my shoes before you judge.my kid is not afraid of work just didn't make any where near to what he needs.we will get their it will just take us longer .Merry Christmas to all who are less fortunate.and to the greedy and selfish.

who really is the one who is greedy and selfish in this scenario though? The one who is advocating that you roll up your sleeves and take advantage of all the different kinds of help that exists like scholerships and bursaries, or the ones that just want to cry and whine and demand that everything is free. There's a lot of people posting on this forum who have walked many miles in your shoes, and are currently whearing the same shoes as you. The difference is that they don't feel they are entitled to or should get any special treatment. Only the truly selfish expect that.
Not afraid to say "It".
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

who really is the one who is greedy and selfish in this scenario though?

i still think it is not me. I want this for all the poor kids of canada to make their lives better and not have to start life with so much debt.I am not crying or begging but working as hard as it takes to get my kid there .I'd just like not to see him 30 thousand in debt when he starts his first job.The thought of going into great debt for education has discouraged many poor family from getting the best education.So ba humbug all you scrooges what are your motivations for not liking this cost freeze.is it your money?and the fear you may lose more from taxes in the future to education for the poor.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Canada”