You dont have to tell that you have HIV

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: You dont have to tell that you have HIV

Post by GrooveTunes »

You should absolutely positive about who you are sleeping with in the first place. You and only you are responsible for your own actions. That's the way I live my life. So far, no itching,(or worse)
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

GrooveTunes wrote:You should absolutely positive about who you are sleeping with in the first place. You and only you are responsible for your own actions. That's the way I live my life. So far, no itching,(or worse)

Always good to praise yerself on your perfect abilities but do you have kids? Family members you care about who might slip up just once and pay the price this is gonna create? Its really not about you, its about the public in general and not everyone is as great as you, maybe in other ways but stuff happens.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

gordon_as wrote:I just checked the calendar , and it is NOT April 1st. This has got to be one on the stupidest things to come out of the Supreme Court. FIRE THEM ALL ! It is like saying It is ok to drink and drive as long as you are careful.

Another mess created by the Social Justice club.

Canada, a country where nobody is responsible for anything, a place where it's everybody else's fault, and now a place that someone can quite possibly kill you and it isn't morally wrong.

I will never forget the devastated woman I interviewed three years ago who had just been informed by Toronto Police that her lover of one year hadn’t told her that he was HIV positive .

“He knew I had children, he met my children. I can’t believe somebody could be that cold-hearted,” she had sobbed. “What right did he have to play God with my life?”

Why does our high court feel it can do the same?
Not afraid to say "It".
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

logicalview wrote:
Another mess created by the Social Justice club.

...now a place that someone can quite possibly kill you and it isn't morally wrong.

Social Justice Club = medical data and science.

If you use a condom and have a low HIV viral count "the risk is reduced to a speculative possibility, rather than a realistic possibility" - courts findings.

Those darn facts again!
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SurplusElect wrote:
Social Justice Club = medical data and science.

Nope. Social Justice club. Don't want to hurt the feelings of the killers.

The victims don't matter.
Not afraid to say "It".
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

SurplusElect wrote:
If you use a condom and have a low HIV viral count "the risk is reduced to a speculative possibility, rather than a realistic possibility" - courts findings.

Those darn facts again!

Ya, when they are wrong people get killed, might as well take yer partner out hunting and kill them "by accident" its faster.

Reduced risk does not mean there is No risk. Who will be the lucky ones who finds that out? Hmmmm?
If they said there was No risk I could understand but they are saying here that its like Russian Roullette, maybe you, maybe not. Its not a disease to play that game with.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Don't care how infinitesimally low the risk may be. Everyone who has a potentially life threatening communicable disease is morally obligated , and should be legally obligated to disclose that information with people they could infect. The people then have the choice whether or not to take that risk. It is about accountability , in the past if you didn't tell , you broke the law and could be charged. Now , you can't be charged. The law didn't really protect people from someone who would break the law , but the lack of a law now insulates perpetrators from the threat of prosecution.
The law should have been left alone , and the punishment for those who break the law should have been increased.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

GrooveTunes wrote:You should absolutely positive about who you are sleeping with in the first place. You and only you are responsible for your own actions. That's the way I live my life. So far, no itching,(or worse)

If only that were possible eh? I wonder how many people who thought their partner was faithful have contracted the clap.

Although I believe you should be told, you still have the choice to use protection . Don't want to use protection? who's fault is that?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Wearing a condom isnt a guarentee,, this decision is taking away the rights of the partner to know there is a medical risk.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Roadster wrote:Wearing a condom isnt a guarentee,, this decision is taking away the rights of the partner to know there is a medical risk.

True, condoms can break and spouses do cheat, people intentionally spread the disease too. A court ordered disclosure is worth the paper its written on to someone infected .
linkarand

Post by linkarand »

This ruling is BS and takes the freedom of choice away from all NON-hiv persons. Plain and simple.

Return to “Canada”