Oil Sands/Federal Govt. TV ads

Dave_1963
Banned

Oil Sands/Federal Govt. TV ads

Post by Dave_1963 »

I have noticed in the last month that there are 2 TV commercials that always run consecutively, and I am thinking they are a conflict of interest. First commercial is from Canada's Oil Sands saying how much $$$ they are giving our health-care system (oh, really?), and the 100s of 1000's of jobs they create (another "oh, really?"), then that commercial is immediately followed by a Federal Govt. commercial saying how much they are committed to improving safety standards for tankers/pipelines, and how great and wonderful the project is. Corporate TV ads on a controversial project followed by Govt. ads saying how wonderful and safe the project is, seems to be a conflict of interest to me. I guess if your wallet is fat enough, you can convince the sheeple anything is good!
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Oil Sands/Federal Govt. TV ads

Post by kompili »

Especially when they are using are money to do it.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

I didn't know they were using our money for the ads...that makes it even worse!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

So where do you actually think the money for health care and other social programs comes from if not from good paying jobs and corporate taxation? Unicorn farts and fairy dust?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

So where do you actually think the money for health care and other social programs comes from if not from good paying jobs and corporate taxation? Unicorn farts and fairy dust?

Mods, can we get a posting on this site for the BEST OF CASTANET?? Please this ranks right up there!! :dyinglaughing:
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:dyinglaughing: great post :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Ken7 wrote:

Mods, can we get a posting on this site for the BEST OF CASTANET?? Please this ranks right up there!! :dyinglaughing:

Yes where is the money going to come from after Harper lowers corporate taxes again and continues attacks on good unionized paying jobs?
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Canada”