Seriously?

juz516
Board Meister

Seriously?

Post by juz516 »

Forget fashion magazines, a new survey suggests an increasing number of Canadians turn to weather forecasts to figure out what to wear.

The Environment Canada public-opinion survey examined where Canadians get their weather information and how they use it.

It suggests 36 per cent of Canadians use weather information to determine how to dress, up from 23 per cent in 2007.

You have got to be kidding me.....wonder how much was wasted on this survey?? I mean, really.....any moron could figure out that what people choose to wear depends on the weather!!! It isn't rocket science.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Seriously???!!!

Post by kgcayenne »

I think the study is right, weather dressing is in the minority.

Have you seen how local teenagers dress? Twenty something bar stars? What about the pudgy balding men in their blingy F-350s and Hummers shivering about in their plaid shorts and flip flops all winter long?

Some young folks got lost in the back country last winter/spring, and the rescue people stated one of the girls was wearing slippers, they were actually UGGs.

I think it’s great there is an increase in weather-conscious attire.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Seriously?

Post by grammafreddy »

Cripes - I just look outside and take a gander at the thermometer and decide what to wear if I go out. If there's storm clouds building, I take my jacket or wear boots or stuff my mittens in my pocket or slap a hat on or ...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Exactly, GF.....so why would there need to be a survey? How much did that survey cost? and How in the world would that help Environment Canada or what important information did they gain by spending taxpayer money on it?
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

juz516 wrote:You have got to be kidding me.....wonder how much was wasted on this survey?? I mean, really.....any *bleep* could figure out that what people choose to wear depends on the weather!!! It isn't rocket science.

If you are the "any *bleep*" that can figure out that people dress for the weather, then you would be wrong as according to that survey, only 36% of Canadians do.

It may not be rocket science, but you would have been incorrect.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

juz516 wrote:Exactly, GF.....so why would there need to be a survey? How much did that survey cost? and How in the world would that help Environment Canada or what important information did they gain by spending taxpayer money on it?

I agree ... but we all have to build our empires and justify our existence, don't we? Didn't a bunch of Environment Canada staff just loose their jobs - budget cutbacks? They need to show why they are necessary to Canadians.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

FreeRights: I don't much hold with generalizations, and if you believe that the cost of a survey such as this is justified, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Obviously, some people do not dress for the weather....some don't care about the weather....and some overdress for the weather....it is called humanity and individuality. The point of this is not whether the "survey" is correct or whether I am the "bleep"....the whole point is the cost of stupid surveys that do not serve any purpose. IMO But, if you feel like you need to be correct, have at it. :ohmygod:
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

juz516 wrote:FreeRights: I don't much hold with generalizations, and if you believe that the cost of a survey such as this is justified, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Obviously, some people do not dress for the weather....some don't care about the weather....and some overdress for the weather....it is called humanity and individuality. The point of this is not whether the "survey" is correct or whether I am the "bleep"....the whole point is the cost of stupid surveys that do not serve any purpose. IMO But, if you feel like you need to be correct, have at it. :ohmygod:

I understand what you're point is, but my comment was directly referring to your suggestion that you, or someone else, could have come to the same conclusion as the survey.

The survey may be useless, or not, but that isn't my point. :cursor:
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I am surprised it doesn't bother you that there was obviously money spent on something of no use, is my point. I never said I could come up with the same figures/percentages....and why would I want to? My question is....why would Environment Canada want to?????

Return to “Canada”