Swearing Halifax school bus driver off the job

coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

What is wrong with this picture? Yes, the driver probably could have not used the "f" word, but a bus filled with teenagers and a fight in progress...I would almost say she had to posture herself in the only way she could. I found it disturbing that the only story in this incident were the "f" bombs the driver dropped, rather than the punks fighting and the other students egging them on...

WARNING: Video contains explicit language that may not be suitable for everyone
CBC News Posted: Nov 21, 2012 6:39 PM

Parents and educators in Halifax say they are shocked and disturbed after watching a YouTube video that shows an explicit exchange between a group of fighting students and their bus driver.

The video, posted on YouTube Tuesday, was filmed on a bus transporting students from Gaetz Brook Junior High School and Eastern Shore District High School to their homes at the end of the school day.

The video shows two students fighting, egged on by the other students on the bus.

Then the bus driver, Heather Vidito, walks to the back of the vehicle yelling "'get the f--ck off now" at the out-of-control students.

School board spokesman Doug Hadley said he was shocked when he first saw the video Wednesday morning.

"Very disturbing to see that type of language being used by a driver to try and intervene in the situation," he said.

Paul Neges' daughter is in Grade 7 at Gaetz Brook Junior High and rides the bus every afternoon.

"I thought it was appalling that this violence was taking place on the bus and that type of language is coming out of the bus driver who is looking after our children," he said.

Neges said his daughter comes home with a headache every day after taking the bus. He said he thinks it's caused by the stress of fearing what she might encounter on the bus ride home. His daughter hasn't reported any problems on the morning bus ride. Vidito has been driving both routes.

Halifax school bus drivers are employed by Stock Transportation, which is contracted to provide bus services to the Halifax school board.

Hadley said the driver has been removed from working on any route until the company completes its investigation.

"My expectation is that Stock won't take too long. They'll want to speak to the driver. They'll want to look at the facts," he said.

Hadley also said they'll be working with students to educate them about appropriate bus behaviour.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/11/21/ns-school-bus-fight.html
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Swearing Halifax school bus driver off the job

Post by dogspoiler »

The bus driver needs training in the use of a can of mace, if those morons can't behave, soak them down. They could label the can F.U. The more those little scumbags get away with, the more they will try. It happens everyday, everywhere and all the dogooder parents and bleeding hearts are enabling this type of behaviour.
Black Dogs Matter
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Two things come to mind, one I wouldn't be caught dead fighting on a bus. Secondly, if the bus driver raised her voice at me, I'd sat down and shut the FU. Not responded like that little *bleep*!
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

No mention of the teenager telling the driver FY. Respect your elders comes to mind. His parenst must be so proud ..
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Namby pamby parents and school officials acting all offended by the "f" word is why these kids are little pukes in the first place. Perhaps the parents need a good swift kick in the f n *bleep* to wake them up.

I bet every single one of them uses that or worse in front of their kids themselves.

Give the bus driver a medal for telling them to get off, bout someone stood up, and look what we do, we try to villianize them.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

I swear. Yes I even drop the occasional F-bomb. However, faced with the task of supervising minors, one should lead by example. You can get their attention and calm them down using assertiveness. I've spent a lot of time supervising, coaching etc and I've never to use foul language to get their attention.

However, they certainly stopped fighting in a hurry. Give the kids the boot from riding for the rest of the year, give the driver a couple of days off to calm down...perhaps a day of "how to deal with unruly teens" training and call it a day.

At least she didn't uppercut them.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Maybe she should have uppercut them. They likely need it.

Profanity has its place, I don't feel the driver was so badly out of line in this. (the other uppercut one....yes...just wow on that)

Return to “Canada”