Toronto's Mayor Ordered to Be Removed from Office

Artofthedeal
Fledgling

Re: Toronto's Mayor Ordered to Be Removed from Office

Post by Artofthedeal »

SurplusElect wrote:

Call the cops on CBC comedy,

he called the cops on that leftist nut Mary Walsh, who assaulted him in front of his children in a crazy costume at 8 in the morning. That wasn't "comedy", it was a typical hatchet job by the leftist elitist CBC media. Once again - Ford is clown, and he no doubt cheesed off the judge and that didn't help his case, but if this mayor had been some leftist darling, you KNOW you would all be crying about this and saying it isn't right. The hypocritical stench wafting off of you guys today is even more unbearable than normal.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

How about the latest BC Liberal scandal with the liquor taxes. There is clearly a conflict of interest here, and yet nothing is going to happen. I'd rather see a punishment too harsh for the crime than nothing at all.

BTW, Ford is still able to run again, so it's quite plausible, though not likely, that he will get re-elected as mayor. In this respect, the judge is still letting the people decide his fate.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Ford can't run until 2014. According to the latest poll, 77% of the population has said they won't vote for him.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Artofthedeal wrote:he called the cops on that leftist nut Mary Walsh, who assaulted him in front of his children in a crazy costume at 8 in the morning. That wasn't "comedy", it was a typical hatchet job by the leftist elitist CBC media. Once again - Ford is clown, and he no doubt cheesed off the judge and that didn't help his case, but if this mayor had been some leftist darling, you KNOW you would all be crying about this and saying it isn't right. The hypocritical stench wafting off of you guys today is even more unbearable than normal.

Give it a rest ... this isn't about left or right wing. It's about the mistake(s) Ford made and not showing any remorse.

Ford did an awesome job when he was on council. It's when he became mayor that he disintegrated.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Glacier wrote:How about the latest BC Liberal scandal with the liquor taxes. There is clearly a conflict of interest here, and yet nothing is going to happen. I'd rather see a punishment too harsh for the crime than nothing at all.

BTW, Ford is still able to run again, so it's quite plausible, though not likely, that he will get re-elected as mayor. In this respect, the judge is still letting the people decide his fate.
A crime with no punishment and a crime with a punishment that's too harsh are both bad. How about an appropriate punishment that fits the crime? That's the theme of the NP editorial and I wholeheartedly agree with it.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Most lawyers are not disbarred unless they really screw up or are unapologetic and arrogant about it. Even then most of the time they can reapply, just like Ford will be able to.

Given the contrast to the mayor of Calgary, I think Tdot will do better by then anyways.

I never viewed this as a left right thing. I mean yes he is conservative (Canadian Tea party version I believe he was likened to?) - but so are those "god hates *bleep*" protesters. Just comedy and a train-wreck.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Urbane wrote:I'm just amused that some of you (not all) who like the decision to boot Rob Ford out of office for a relatively minor violation of the conflict guidelines are quite okay with Adrian Dix forging a document, playing fast and loose with the rules when getting elected leader, and breaking other rules along the way. Funny how that works.

True dat. Dix has contravened many government rules and criminal code items, yet he's the greatest thing since sliced bread according to these leftists. As Art says, what a stench!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”