Public fed up with cell phone contracts

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Public fed up with cell phone contracts

Post by Roadster »

I probably can, I had one of those operators who speaks much better in another language and it doesnt look like I got what he tried to say I would.
Last edited by Roadster on Dec 8th, 2012, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Roadster wrote:I probably can, I had one of those operators who speaks better in another language and it doesnt look like I got what he tried to say I would.

Oh too bad, you signed up for the PakiPlan! :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

CA I agree.
I did the same as GF $100 for a year but I seldom use it.. I'm such a luddite
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

grammafreddy wrote:I have a cell phone, paid about $100 for it and my cell "service" costs me $100 a year. Not a bad deal.

I'm cheap.

My *personal* handset is a Samsung Gio Android smartphone. I bought it outright for $100 from Bell/Virgin.

I have no contract. It's Virgin pay/talk. I pay $0.20 per minute to talk and $0.20 per outgoing text. Incoming texts are free.

I mainly use this phone for email and internet. I pay $10 per month for 100MB of data. I use the Opera mini browser which uses the Opera servers to strip ads and other junk from web pages, so it sucks about 20% of the data other browsers do.

I have yet to use more than 25MB of data in a month, even though I'm on the internet a lot. ( I don't watch video.)
If I used this phone for a lot of talking or texting, I would add cheap talk/text options, or use free apps to talk or text free through my data plan.

So my total phone cost per month is $10 for data plus a couple of bucks for calls and texts.

Paying the cell companies $3000 over three years for a 'free' phone that will be outdated before the contract is up is insane.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Mine was usually about 50 bucks a month, so 600 a year abouts. With all I use thats not too bad, I just dont like being locked in so wont be doing that anymore, my problem now is being promised one price and being billed another,,,
I had thought about the pay and talk plans before but they didnt include much, also my dad is on one of those plans, was with Rodgers and he had several events where the phone couldnt pick up, word is they use their own towers and they dont borrow off Telus or Bells systems (avoiding sharing cost or something like that) so they werent very strong in some areas, then he went to Telus and still,,, he has some dead spots his phone wont work when he is travelling when others will so I am leary about that happening to me when I need it. And again, I need more then pay and talk offeres.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

I bought my iphone, I pay $60 a month, not on a contract

-caller id
-500 nationwide minutes
-nationwide evenings and weekends
-free family calling
-nationwide my10
-5g data
-call forwarding
-call waiting

and the nationwide, is free calling in canada! so i can make calls from my cell phone and dont get charged long distance!

still have lots more to list, you can also ask your dealer for other promotional packages that are not offered anymore, they still can get those packages if you know what to ask for.

Return to “Canada”