Wearing the Niqab in Court

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Post by Roadster »

Agreed, get back to what we were, a great country. Ya dont see cowboys wearing their great big cowboy hats over their face in court so so neither should anyone else wear special facial or full body hiding gear in court.
I dont care what people wear while on about their own daily business but they must follow the rules as they have been since our legal system was put in place. The worst change we could make now is to let coverings happen for one group, it will open that can of worms for anyone to do so in any kind of clothing for some kind of reason.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Maybe it should take a back seat for a while

gestures of tolerance are needed more than ever if we are going to wage war on war .like i said this is the compromise that we make to bring peace.is it really more important than peace."give peace a chance"
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Giving peace a chance has nothing to do with people trying to alter our court systems. The complete visual of a criminal or accuser has always been a part of how our jurours are able to come to a conclusion. We cant take that away. May as well hide them all behind a wall and let the jurours take their best guess at all of our cases by voice only then.
Why do you think they take the stand instead of just shouting their answeres from anywhere in the spectator seats? Its about having them up front to be seen and heard and carefully judged so its as fair as it can humanly be even if it isnt perfect.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

trying to alter our court systems.

do you believe this is a plot by Muslims to force all Canadians to wear veils or an attempt at a compromise so both cultures can live together in peace?
Peace be with you.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

The Canadian courts see the veil as an attempt to conceal the truth or identity, while under oath, in a Canadian court of law.
If there must be a complete separation of church and state in Canada, then so be it. You're in court, you abide by their rules. You are in church, you abide by and respect theirs.
The differences are, where are you prepared to spend the rest of your life? Prison or Hell?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

kibbs wrote:do you believe this is a plot by Muslims to force all Canadians to wear veils or an attempt at a compromise so both cultures can live together in peace?

Why did you go there? Is this what you want to think I believe? Have fun with that :dyinglaughing:
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

kibbs wrote:do you believe this is a plot by Muslims to force all Canadians to wear veils or an attempt at a compromise so both cultures can live together in peace?

Excuse me! Would you like to take this opportunity to explain this?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

te="kibbs"]
trying to alter our court systems.

do you believe this is a plot by Muslims to force all Canadians to wear veils or an attempt at a compromise so both cultures can live together in peace?[/quote]

that might not be to far from the truth in time :ohmygod:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

the truth wrote:that might not be to far from the truth in time :ohmygod:

Is it the truth at THIS time and under these circumstances? As for being "too far" from reality in the times ahead.......? We will all have to wait and see. I hope your truth/prediction is wrong.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Truth is they do want Sharia law in other countries so I too hope this isnt gonna happen, we have to block it and let them do their thing here without forcing any on the rest of us. Our courts have worked wonders for many years putting the bad people away, could be better but its the best we have got.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

I agree....... ^^^^^^^^^^^^............ well put.
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

kibbs wrote:... this is the compromise that we make to bring peace.

Yikes!

:digging:
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Kibbs wrote:
I love Canada. Were the best country on earth and we are to modest to admit it .If you read the Wikipedia article on multiculturalism,you will discover that Canada was first to implement multicultural policies during 70s and other countries were were quick to follow and even mono cultures were trying to point out there multi cultural aspects. If you were alive between 1972 and sept 11 2001.you will agree it was a time of greater peace ,not total,but after Vietnam I thought the world was on the right track. Then bush liberated Kuwait. I believe it was our multi cultural policies and influence in the U.N. brought greater peace and tolerance to the world in that time before. Canada is the greatest country on earth and most don't even know why.And I think THey are very sexy especially if she has beautiful eyes.I don,t know why they still think this works better than sexual education they just do .thank god some little Muslim boys will get an education in Canada.I would prefer if you used the Canadian "colour"instead of "color"[/quote]

You would prefer the 'Canadian' spelling, eh? How horribly intolerant of you kibbs.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You would prefer the 'Canadian' spelling, eh? How horribly intolerant of you kibbs

i said prefer i did not insist ,if you must use the american spelling that's ok were a free multi cultural country .as you wish.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

kibbs wrote:
i said prefer i did not insist ,if you must use the american spelling that's ok were a free multi cultural country .as you wish.

K, first off before you make demands on someones spelling and typing style, you might wanna check yours,,,
I say colour, you say color,,, or was it the other way around? Who cares,,,,?

Meanhile was it a niquab, we were talking about or a nikab? Shouldnt be worn during any legal processes that include law or government but they can wear it any other time they are not requiring services that have been in place in Canada long before they started coming here. No one else who came here tried to change all that and remember we are of many countries and have always been. Since we are multicultural people need to remember it means just that, not making us all change things for one kind.
My family is from Scotland on one side and Norway on the other,,, We live like Canadians. I expect all others to do the same. Enjoy what we have and add to it, dont try to own it.

Return to “Canada”