Wearing the Niqab in Court

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Post by kibbs »

is to prevent lust and rape

Its an old tradition i didn't say it works, i think the veil is mysteriously hot.
We have many useless ones to but i don't think we should make people stop if its not hurting any one.
Just because we don't agree or believe it doesn't make it wrong.
Arguing with racist people is like going back in time .Set the dial for the 21st century
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

kibbs wrote:Its an old tradition i didn't say it works, i think the veil is mysteriously hot.
We have many useless ones to but i don't think we should make people stop if its not hurting any one.
Just because we don't agree or believe it doesn't make it wrong.
Arguing with racist people is like going back in time .Set the dial for the 21st century

it is hurting the system if we can not see faces in court and on government documents like licences. And racist??? Ha! nice card to play to defend your position here but no one is gonna buy that. Its not what this is about.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

it is hurting the system if we can not see faces in court and on government documents like licences. And racist???

No it doesn't hurt anything, all reasons i heard to see her face have been week none prove that it would interfere or change the out come of this trial .Does this mean we should not allow blind lawyers because they cannot see faces.People are afraid ,afraid of different culture and in Quebec especially maintaining their culture at the expense of others .How can you support a culture that has been trying to reject English culture and is now doing the same to Muslim. Very racist. Racism is fear try to forgive people for being different and your fear will melt.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Again, nice card to play,,, its not about racism or one case, its about all of them. You let her and you have to let the next who might have murdered someone. You can make a new thread about racism if you like. This thread is about covering up in the face of the law.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

This thread is about covering up in the face of the law
In your opinion she is being made to reveal her face in public because it conflicts with the law . In my opinion the racist law conflicts with her culture.The courts know what she looks like they have her picture .so blind lawyers cant practice? To coin a phrase "If you think we should make woman remove there veil in court you might possibly be a redneck" Its a debate Ill play any card i got in my hand.It was dealt to me.It wasn't up my sleeve.
Peace be with you.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

kibbs wrote:In my opinion the racist law conflicts with her culture.

Well too bad then that this is Canada and immigrants are expected to adopt "our culture" and not the other way around. I don't care what you call it - it is what it is.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sn0man wrote:Well too bad then that this is Canada and immigrants are expected to adopt "our culture" and not the other way around. I don't care what you call it - it is what it is.

Canada has a culture?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

Captain Awesome wrote:Canada has a culture?

Well we are known for taking it up the *bleep* dry, not puishing pedo's but jailing farmers and so on, so ya we have a culture of being weak and afraid to stand up for what needs to be done. At least now we do. This may not have been true always but since I have have been alive it appears that way.

P99
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote: Canada has a culture?

Tim Hortons ?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

process99 wrote: ... we have a culture of being weak and afraid to stand up for what needs to be done. At least now we do. This may not have been true always but since I have been alive it appears that way.

I guess you are too young to remember Afghanistan.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

steven lloyd wrote:Tim Hortons ?

lol that might actually count.

The beaver, ogopogo, sasquatch.

Maple syrup, poutine, hamburgers.

Hockey and lacrosse - and I think basketball was invented by a Canadian.

Canoes, totem poles, snowshoes

And of course, beer.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sn0man wrote:The beaver, ogopogo, sasquatch. Maple syrup, poutine, hamburgers. Canoes, totem poles, snowshoes. And of course, beer.

No thank you, I'll take Niqabs.

At least with Niqabs I can pretend I'm surrounded by ninjas and have to fight my way out. With your "cultural values" all I get is fat people burping their way through Hockey Night in Canada theme music.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

When I was a kid they were white, floating around my bedroom at night and my dad said if I came out of my blankets they would grab me and tickle me till I would die laughing, now they are black and they are much bigger then I remember too :dyinglaughing:

But in all seriousness, its not a racist thing to order that they take it off during any proceedings and wear them where ever else they like, home, shopping, church, what ever but if they will get away with wearing them in court then so will I get away with wearing the balaclava in court that I robbed say, a bank with. :dyinglaughing:

Our justice system depends on recognition of an accused and reaction of an accused and we cant start covering that up, hows a jury to decide whats real truth? They watch those on the stand for everything including body language. Let them take their issues back home and deal with them if they want to do it their way.

And no thank you, I will pass on the niqab, we have known our legal system a long time and even if its not perfect it is ours and those using it can quit trying to change it,,,, Hockey! Ya!
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Captain Awesome wrote:
No thank you, I'll take Niqabs.

At least with Niqabs I can pretend I'm surrounded by ninjas and have to fight my way out. With your "cultural values" all I get is fat people burping their way through Hockey Night in Canada theme music.

:coffeecanuck:
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

kibbs wrote:Its an old tradition i didn't say it works, i think the veil is mysteriously hot.

No, what you did say is it doesnt work, basically you find it hot and mysterious kinda not what they intended it for if its turning you on. It is supposed to cover the woman up from peeps like you, and their men, weak minds who cant control themselves unless there is a block between the woman and the eyes, in not so many words by one of their own right here on a Castanet forum not so long ago.
Meanwhile thats all one point for another thread, this is about wearing them where we need our legal system to work for them (and us as it always has),,, jury members and judges giving their best possible answer to a finding with questions, answers, evidence and body language of witnesses and accused. Remember if you cant see what are you judging on? So would I stop a blind lawyer from working? No But, I wouldnt be the one to hire him for myself if I wanted someone who could get me the most bang for my buck,,, sorry but thats the truth in my best way of saying it.
I would be sitting at my table yelling "didja see that?" every time someone made a shifty look on the stand, or squirmed at an answer asked. Something I had never thought about before but someone who is about to prove without a doubt for my case better be able to see every little move I would think. Miss one little thing and I could be done like a turkey and heading for the big house.

Return to “Canada”