Wearing the Niqab in Court

Type_O
Board Meister

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Post by Type_O »

I've been called twice for jury duty. The last time (late 90's) the "perp" pleaded guilty.
Jury "duty" is just that, a "duty", off work, days, weeks, months off your regular pay, a duty.
Jury selection takes hours, days even.

Her wearing a Niqab, requesting - in a court of law - equal presentation, would probably require months.

Preferential, UNWARRANTED, chaos - for "culture", "my feel for this", or "Canadians don't understand". Is absolutely RIDICULOUS. The sooner we catch on, the better.
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

kibbs wrote:This is Canada not rome or the usa .Last time i checked we were a multi -cultural social democracy.We tolerate all cultures here and make endless changing compromises .Its hard but we do it because we are the most tolerant country in the world.We lead the world in how to be a better more peaceful first world nation.A True Canadian is a citizen of the world.A little veil shouldn't stop us from continuing that great tradition.Canada love it or stay and try to love it .We will tolerate you.Were number one but to modest to admit it.

Actually, Canadians are the # 1 ally AGAINST OPPRESSION. "We will TOLERATE you", Ha. "try to love it"?

Multiculturalism is Pierre Trudeau euphanism. Your use of the term SCREAMS radical.

Being Canadian, belonging, and family DOES give you the right to disguise/mask your face in a court of law, while awarding you the opportunity to pick and choose YOUR jury selection.

Could take years.

I guess it depends on what your really after? Your rape of two men, or the Constitution?

Seems to me, the constitution is being raped by ideology, thank God Canadians realize it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Multiculturalism is Pierre Trudeau euphanism. Your use of the term SCREAMS radical.

If you follow this link you will see no credit to Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau as the creator of the concept.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiculturalism
however if you do read it you will find that Canadas' implementation of multicultural policies instigated a domino effect of tolerance all over the world .we brought peace to the world.Its only since the right wing returned that war rules the world again and tolerance and multiculturalism has taken the back seat of the bus again.
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

kibbs wrote:we brought peace to the world.

:127:

There will never be peace in the world. Ever. The world's religions will make sure of that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

There will never be peace in the world. Ever. The world's religions will make sure of that.

I feel war is a form of population control guised as a political struggle,laced with religious overtones. politicians use religion the way religion once used them .the crusades are over and missionaries are of little threat ,people seek out spiritual ritual because it gives them peace.It goes bad when someone tries to use that for some other purpose.just like this woman's rape and religion were used to stir up political controversy during an election.
Peace be with you.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Kibbs, you seem to be seeing the world, or at least Canada, through rose colored (can I still use that word?) glasses. Canada brought peace to the world? Really? When and where was that because I seem to have missed that news item. However, you have provided me with many laughs since this thread started, like the part about the niqab being sexy. Keep up the good work.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

grammafreddy wrote:

Ah Gramma, you should study history a bit, like the causes of WWI and WWII. I guess they forgot to say God made them start the world wars so people like you would fall for it. Incidentally Gramma, although Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, he would have invaded anyway as well. As long as there is greed there will be war, which is the real cause in case you haven't figured it out.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

zzontar wrote: As long as there is greed there will be war, which is the real cause in case you haven't figured it out.

Like violence in relationships, war is almost always about power and control. Religion and religious beliefs are sometimes used to mold and inspire those who will fight and die, but then, so are concepts such as freedom and democracy. One of the greatest examples would be the Crusades - a war fought for power, control and economic expansionism hidden behind religious motive. Suggesting wars are caused by religion is simplistic at best.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Yeah, well, I am rather a simple person ... let me know when the Pope agrees to change the Catholic church into a Muslim one and hand over all his power and control, okay? All those good confessional-goers can dig out their prayer mats four or five times a day instead.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Back on topic please.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Kibbs, you seem to be seeing the world, or at least Canada, through rose colored (can I still use that word?) glasses. Canada brought peace to the world? Really? When and where was that because I seem to have missed that news item. However, you have provided me with many laughs since this thread started, like the part about the niqab being sexy. Keep up the good work.

I love Canada. Were the best country on earth and we are to modest to admit it .If you read the Wikipedia article on multiculturalism,you will discover that Canada was first to implement multicultural policies during 70s and other countries were were quick to follow and even mono cultures were trying to point out there multi cultural aspects. If you were alive between 1972 and sept 11 2001.you will agree it was a time of greater peace ,not total,but after Vietnam I thought the world was on the right track. Then bush liberated Kuwait. I believe it was our multi cultural policies and influence in the U.N. brought greater peace and tolerance to the world in that time before. Canada is the greatest country on earth and most don't even know why.And I think THey are very sexy especially if she has beautiful eyes.I don,t know why they still think this works better than sexual education they just do .thank god some little Muslim boys will get an education in Canada.I would prefer if you used the Canadian "colour"instead of "color"
Peace be with you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

How the Veil Conquered Cairo University

Cairo University in 1959

Cairo University in 1978

Cairo University in 1995

Cairo University in 2004

ETA:
kibbs wrote:I love Canada. Were the best country on earth and we are to modest to admit it .If you read the Wikipedia article on multiculturalism,you will discover that Canada was first to implement multicultural policies during 70s and other countries were were quick to follow and even mono cultures were trying to point out there multi cultural aspects.

Ah yes, multiculturalism is awesome isn't it...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

well where can i start first national post right wing friend of rush Limbaugh says that a guy didn't come from a communist country to bring communism here.of course he didn't communism isn't a culture its a political idea.he came to cananda to be free of political persecution and practice his chech culture freely.this guy is an idiot.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

as war and intolerance grow again multiculturalism will take a back seat of the bus .
Peace be with you.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

kibbs wrote:as war and intolerance grow again multiculturalism will take a back seat of the bus .

Maybe it should take a back seat for a while. It's being abused right now - maybe it's time to reassess.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient

Return to “Canada”