Post by kibbs »

removed - Jennylives
Peace be with you.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: China makes plans to mine the Arctic

Post by the truth »

removed - Jennylives
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Controversial company restarts work
by The Canadian Press - Story: 85266
Jan 1, 2013 / 12:19 pm

A mining company linked to a controversy over the use of temporary-foreign workers in northeastern B.C. says it will restart exploratory work early next week.

Canadian Dehua International Mines Group Inc. announced at the end of November that it was winding down exploratory work at its Wapiti River coal project near Tumbler Ridge, B.C.

The company also has a minor stake in the nearby Murray River mine, an operation proposed by HD Mining that's come under fire over plans to hire temporary Chinese workers.

But Dehua says it will restart its exploratory work at Wapiti River Jan. 7, citing a ruling by a federal court judge that tossed out an application by two unions to stop HD Mining from brining more temporary workers to Canada.

The company says its investors have expressed confidence in the Canadian legal system and have been persuaded the investment climate is still favourable.

Dehua says it plans to operate nine drill rigs as part of the exploratory work and is asking its contractors to be ready so the project can resume on schedule.

So much for Jobs for Canadians.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:ohmygod: What idiotic statements, Harper sold us down the river,Harper sold our manufacturing to china. How can you say that, manufactuering died years ago in the east. Unions poor managment, weak lib. govt.You ndp lovers mix canada with bc,
you do not make any sense. We finally have a govt. that knows what it is doing.Too many times in the past tooooooo many quebec pms, all for qc and ont. and to heck with the rest, lety them pay for it, the times have turned and we do not have to cow thow t o the 2 provinces. :hailjo:
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

albertabound wrote::ohmygod: What idiotic statements, Harper sold us down the river,Harper sold our manufacturing to china. How can you say that, manufactuering died years ago in the east. Unions poor managment, weak lib. govt.You ndp lovers mix canada with bc,
you do not make any sense. We finally have a govt. that knows what it is doing.Too many times in the past tooooooo many quebec pms, all for qc and ont. and to heck with the rest, lety them pay for it, the times have turned and we do not have to cow thow t o the 2 provinces. :hailjo:

Yes Go Harper! Next we should adopt Chinese labour laws and make it illegal for Canadians to work in Canada. People on EI should be forced to go to China as slave labour too. That'll fix unemployment.

People like you are killing this country and you can't figure it out. What next?
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"Alvis"

Yes Go Harper! Next we should adopt Chinese labour laws and make it illegal for Canadians to work in Canada. People on EI should be forced to go to China as slave labour too. That'll fix unemployment.

People like you are killing this country and you can't figure it out. What next?

Just slow down, once they have the majority of industry in their control they will change the rules.

Give northern Albert five years and if you do not speak Chineses you or your children will not be accepted even if they are skilled workers!!

Trust me, I see it written in the sands....
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I really do want to know where all the Canadian mining companies are with this new Canadian government friendliness with the Chinese. Do they simply not exist any more?

It really bothers the hell outta me that these Chinese companies are bringing their own workers into the country to do the work and not employing Canadians. It bothers me even more that the Canadian government just doesn't seem to care about jobs for Canadians and is so willing to sell us down the river to the Chinese.

And THAT makes me wonder what kind of a hold the Chinese government has over the Canadian government and why does it have us by the short and curlies? Is our country in deep debt to the Chinese and did the Chinese blackmail us into all this? I wouldn't put anything past them - not one little thing. Did China threaten to demand repayment of our debt to them if we didn't give them carte blanche and the green light to mine our resources and use their own imported workers? How can anyone think otherwise?

And where the hell are the Canadian mining companies?????????????
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

grammafreddy wrote:I really do want to know where all the Canadian mining companies are with this new Canadian government friendliness with the Chinese. Do they simply not exist any more?

It really bothers the hell outta me that these Chinese companies are bringing their own workers into the country to do the work and not employing Canadians. It bothers me even more that the Canadian government just doesn't seem to care about jobs for Canadians and is so willing to sell us down the river to the Chinese.

And THAT makes me wonder what kind of a hold the Chinese government has over the Canadian government and why does it have us by the short and curlies? Is our country in deep debt to the Chinese and did the Chinese blackmail us into all this? I wouldn't put anything past them - not one little thing. Did China threaten to demand repayment of our debt to them if we didn't give them carte blanche and the green light to mine our resources and use their own imported workers? How can anyone think otherwise?

And where the hell are the Canadian mining companies?????????????

Where the hell are all the Conservatives who always cry "True Canadian PAtriot!" yet invite and the Chinese to come and take over on our tax payer dime.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

grammafreddy wrote:I read that yesterday and I share your :-k Hmmmm

I feel like Harper is just giving the farm away and can't help but feel, in the long run, we will severely regret all this China business in our country taking our natural resources.

Why are you roasting Mr Harper for something that isn't anywhere near approval? Back up your truck a bit before you lay blame for something that hasn't even come any further than the concept paper.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:I read that yesterday and I share your :-k Hmmmm

I feel like Harper is just giving the farm away and can't help but feel, in the long run, we will severely regret all this China business in our country taking our natural resources.

Rwede wrote:
Why are you roasting Mr Harper for something that isn't anywhere near approval? Back up your truck a bit before you lay blame for something that hasn't even come any further than the concept paper.

Mayyyyybeeee .... somebody should just say, "No - we'll mine our own resources with our own workers and sell it to you". That way, Canadians get jobs and Canada gets revenue from taxation (corporate and personal income tax).

Where ARE all the Canadian mining companies anyway?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Is there a problem with a foreign national working in Canada and paying income taxes here? Is there a problem with a foreign-owned subsidiary hiring people to work in Canada and paying corporate income taxes here?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:ohmygod: How idiotic can some of you be, making dumb statements,no jobs have been lost in canada to the chinesse,show where they have been lost. The unions priced themselves out of the market in bc in the mining sector. :sunshine: :bethecoffee: :coffeecanuck:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

albertabound wrote:How idiotic can some of you be, making dumb statements,no jobs have been lost in canada to the chinesse,show where they have been lost.

YET.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Rwede wrote:Is there a problem with a foreign national working in Canada and paying income taxes here? Is there a problem with a foreign-owned subsidiary hiring people to work in Canada and paying corporate income taxes here?

Yup, I have a huge problem with it.

How do you know these "temporary workers" from China will be paying Canadian income taxes? How do you know all their wages won't be going home to China and very little spent here in Canada?

Looks like a zero return to me ...

We don't know if these foreign-owned subsidiaries will be paying corporate income taxes - do we? We have no idea what the Canadian government is doing about income taxes, health care costs, royalties, anything.

Who is supposed to be building this 4-season road they are demanding? That's not going to be a cheap deal. Who is going to be keeping the shipping passage open for them in freeze-up? That won't be cheap, either. Who is going to build the shipping terminal for them - or will that be Chinese jobs for Chinese workers, too?

And what about all the families of these Chinese workers? Will they be expecting to come over and stay in Canada while their spouses are working up north? Who is going to cover costs for them?

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

grammafreddy wrote:Mayyyyybeeee .... somebody should just say, "No - we'll mine our own resources with our own workers and sell it to you". That way, Canadians get jobs and Canada gets revenue from taxation (corporate and personal income tax).

Where ARE all the Canadian mining companies anyway?

Canada gets the same amount of income tax from a foreign company doing business in Canada and a foreign worker working in Canada as they do from a Canadian company and Canadian workers.

What's your point? Do you think General Motors Canada doesn't pay income tax in Canada because they are owned by GM USA?

Return to “Canada”