Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by kibbs »

Whatever......roll out the tanks, conquer the natives like we should have in the first place. Got sympathy? I don't, because of arrogant Indians, like some posting here.

Dear watson .I have never read anything that brings greater shame to our people.It is the remnant of this type arrogance that will fuel the civil unrest you will endure and I will celebrate .My feelings are it s your kid that's picken on my kid in school .your type are where bullies come from.I hope the unrest will be more symbolic and not so violent.this movement has gone international and American first Nations are sympathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn5PFHlm1ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xVvE8Ymrpw
Peace be with you.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

“I don't feel like I need it or deserve it, and I don't think anybody in First Nations does—not in today's world.”

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/native+m ... story.html
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Since were reposting old material here's a response I found.This one is polite .
http://therealaboriginalcanadianfoodgui ... ony-sowan/
Peace be with you.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

cv23 wrote:“I don't feel like I need it or deserve it, and I don't think anybody in First Nations does—not in today's world.”

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/native+m ... story.html

Those are the words of a very weak man.
He speaks without knowing what it is he speaks of.
He has obviously not seen the plight of his own people up close, otherwise he would never speak so loose of those who desperately need help. They not only need it, but they deserve it as well for the worngdoings that have not just happened in the past, but are still happening as we type.

This post garners you nothing more than more of the stereotypical nonsense that holds this country back.
You're so quick to point the finger at others for being the root of the problems we face as a nation trying to move forward, yet your very thought process is re-tarding the entire movement.

It stands for little logic to be the reason for the change you want to see.
Can you see that?

I'm beginning to feel my anger turn to sympathy.
I'm starting to feel sorry for the incredibly stupid among us.
It's actually starting to show as quite a sad story how one small sector of loud mouthed shnooks can hold back so much progression.
Maybe you that speak so vile should be brave enough to don a placard of your own.
I challenge you pansies to stand up in public for what you supposedly believe so strongly for.

I challenge you.
Do you have the fortitude to stand curbside with signs stating your wishes?

I think not.

I will/have/will again.

I am brave.
You that cower to my challenge...are not.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

zookeeper wrote:
This is brilliant from a society that doesn't even know their neighbour 2 doors down, a country that sends millions, perhaps billions, overseas to help people in need.

To be honest,,, I don't know my neighbors two doors down,,, don't have to. I don't even know my neighbors next door... It gives me piece of mind knowing they don't have a special interest in what I am doing in my yard cos they really don't know me and likely don't care,,, BUT,,, I do have friends across the city, friends several blocks away and friends out of town a few miles away that can see me or I can see them when ever we want. That's the beauty of having room to room off the property and even out of the community, a mile or two away, ten miles away, where on reserves of 300 houses the whole tiny little town is your neighbor,,, that's all you got till a bus, plane or ambulance or an air plane takes you out of there for a shopping trip or an emergency. It would be like living in a big trailer park, the best cable TV is your windows if you got em all the way around, but no where beyond that to go. Why do they have so much substance abuse? Are they bored with their small community? The only new face being a new born now and then,,,? I bet if they hired a new postal worker or a teacher to work in the community they are all rushed to be the first to get to know this new person and that's the talk for months.
Ya you and I have choices they are not allowed by the nature of their circumstances. And trust me I know this having lived on tiny air force stations of barely 300 working people, many of those with families and maybe a small town of a two or three hundred houses nearby but my advantage was I was only gonna be there 1 to 3 years and would move and see a whole lot of new faces in a new tiny community. All of these tiny communities providing dry leak proof housing on the stations and the ability to rent in the small town nearby or even purchase a home in the town nearby. I Got tired of it anyway and shook that life off my shoulders. Needed more room after having lived this life as a child and then as an adult doing the same work my dad did for the air force.
Now I live in a nice sized city where my friends are spread out, I can see them as often or as little as I like, it's not like they are All I see every day when I go to the local corner store, the same small group of people every day,,, can you imagine seeing such a limited amount of people All your whole complete life? How can they like this? Where is the variety of life in a small place like this? Our spice of life is we sit down at a coffee shop and we see people we have never seen before, every time we go out, kinda like a different view of the human side of life, new faces, meet someone new you'd like to get to know,,, them people on some of those reserves must all be like brothers and sisters prit near. They grew to know each other and that's all the learning about life there is till they die, no new walks of life to explore and understand, nothing,,,
In our situation we can pick our friends, avoid family for a while if we choose just to get away from the humdrum and get back to it as we enjoy the spice of life we have even with co workers we do and don't care to be friends with...
Look around you,,, imagine all that gone... Nothing but open grounds around your little town of 300 houses and a school, some administrative buildings and maybe a small store or two with a postal office and the same old postal worker to say good morning to you as he/she does every,,, single,,, day,,, of your life... To you and me,,, this would be like a prison after a couple three years. Why? Because we know the spice of life and the freedom to roam and how it affects us to be held up in our house a few days say when we get sick. Maybe they don't know this and why shouldn't they? They are human like us and their substance abuse might be showing their need to roam, see new things,,, booze can't be all the fun there is and if suicide is the only answer then they need a fix and someone has to help them with that...
What's the answer? Encourage them to get off that small space and open their doors to many new things, bets are they don't mind working after all and owning their very own things and raising a family with all the other walks of life. What they have is old now, they can learn their history over a phone, books being sent to them, family visits back on the home land. Just like us they want more and it's probably not really money they want, they can make that like we do but it's what keeps them there cos possibly they think there is no outside life for them. If they were encouraged they would see something new and many likely would never go back to live under the funding of government again. Visits yes but it is human nature to do your best for yourself and once they see they are actually allowed to do that they probably would never live in a small community again of any kind.
The fact that we keep offering them funds to stay in places like Atapiskawat is in my mind holding them there, letting them think this is a good thing and it isn't, they are being Kept in broken down housing, up in the cold, un heard of, doing without some nice things they could gain if they had it in them to work for them selves,,, could they? Yes definitely! Even prisoners sometime go to work after being held for long periods of their lives in a small community.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Graham Adder wrote:He speaks without knowing what it is he speaks of.

Except for the fact he has lived it everyday of his life.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

cv23 wrote: Except for the fact he has lived it everyday of his life.

Really?
How so?
Show me where he has lived with poverty on keel with third world conditions?
Show me where he has witnessed family members being torn from loved ones by "officials"?
Show me what lands he has had taken from him because of mineral rights, regardless of the thousands of years of traditional use to his close people.
Show me a shred of what it takes to speak from a position of knowing first hand.

If you can't deliver, then I'll know how to judge your posts without doubt.

Garbage.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Except for the fact he lives it everyday.

What I grasp about Tony S, i have seen his fb page .He was better off than most growing up and hangs with his western culture raised friends .The only thing left native about him is his cool biker tat,????He is ashamed of his culture the same way my hebrewed ex put up Christmas trees .the new generation that has had a chance to be free thinkers are either ashamed or cheesed off.idle no more are the latter.
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 4th, 2013, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Graham Adder wrote:How so?

Anthony Sowan, a full status Cree

Sounds like he has an excellent knowledge of the situation;
“There's no question that the native people of yesterday were brutalized, hunted, tortured, and humiliated for decades,” he explains. “But those days are long over. It defies logic to have the current population pay for the tragedies committed by people that came so long before them.

Sowan says he wants equality, and natives should not be given more benefits than other Canadians.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

kibbs wrote:He is ashamed of his culture the same way my hebrewed ex put up Christmas trees .

LOL, you try and discredit him simply because you don't agree with him.
Are you really that afraid of the fact that an, and likely many more, educated First nations person speaks out about what he sees as reality?
From the content of most of your posts in these forums it would be very easy to discredit you and while we may not always agree we accept your opinion and your right to express it.
So tell us now just who is the intolerant one making religous slurs?
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Graham Adder wrote:.
Show me a shred of what it takes to speak from a position of knowing first hand.

"Anthony Sowan, a full status Cree"
Tell us who should know more about being native than a native?
While your at it please tell us just why your opinion as a native is more relevant than any other natives opinion?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

My grandson is a full status Cree, never lived on the reserve and has no concept of any aboriginal history. Perhaps Mr Sowan is equally ignorant? Just because someone is full status, it doesn't make them knowledgeable.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

cv23 wrote:Tell us who should know more about being native than a native?

Try not to dumb this down so much.
Your point will eventually become unrecognizable.

You and I know full well we're not talking just about being native.
Let's try not to be ridiculous.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

grammafreddy wrote:My grandson is a full status Cree, never lived on the reserve and has no concept of any aboriginal history.

Just curious, but why would that be? :137: I'm just a full Canadian mongrel, and my parents made sure I was acquainted with the history of each portion of my ethnic makeup (and there are a few).
I haven't failed until I quit.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Many natives raised off reserve have been "encouraged" not to take an interest in their own history.
Aside from that, many raised off reserve have taken it upon themselves to try to blend in as best they can in order to avoid the punches and kicks that are inevitable if one stands out or up.
Blending in can mean losing all "touch" with who you are or where you come from.

Return to “Canada”