Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by Roadster »

eMeM wrote:
I don't know about you but I was born here. I haven't anywhere to go "back" to.

I dont have anywhere to go either, my grand parents died here and I was born here, I am a white native of this land.

My grandfather left his home country to make a better life for himself here at something like 17 years old, worked and bought himself a farm with a partner and later built his family a house in the town near by and brought his family up here in Canada, just as any one here could do by heading to some other country I am sure. If things aint right you should move to a better place even if its only a town away or a province away. Gone are the days people move to find work and feed their families? Gone are the work boots? Dont people want to be self sufficient now? -----> bring their kids into a better world where they can have the nicer things in life? If the native people want to depend on funds and hope it gets to them then that's a sad situation...
If I was living in a leaky shack while funds are coming in I would be angry at someone when I know funds are coming in to prevent that, I would choose to make my own money and hike it outta there. Having the right and freedom to work at what I like and make it a comfortable living is the best thing a person can have and living on a secluded piece of land with limited options to make my own way wouldnt make me happy, even if the government suddenly offered me free money to move there.
You can keep your families stories and culture alive while living in a city believe it or not. I have only been to Scotland once but I went and I heard all of the stories and have a massive collection of pictures of the homeland, old and new, and yet I am comfortable here, likely more then I would be back there where things are ok I am sure but I made my way here with no help from my parents or the government, (ok a loan a couple times for a mortgage down payment when I was younger which was paid back) and if it wasnt this good I woulda moved to some other country, as it is I moved many times from province to province to make things better until I finally landed where I think I will stay forever.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

This was an interesting article.

What’s wrong with remote native reserves? Let’s ask a veteran doctor who worked there

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... -43-years/
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Ken7 wrote:You must also consider no rent, I do not know but do they or the band pay utilities. Man if I was given 40K a year and had no overhead it would be just great!!

LoneWolf
Exactly, paying for a roof over their heads is most people's single biggest expense. 40K without that to worry about, and no taxes to pay is practically as good as 100K to anyone else.

Dont they get their tobacco cheaper, gas cheaper, basic medical covered, collage education free? Dont some on some reserves get a free vehicle at 19? Without all them bills to pay I could be quite comfortable on 40 grand a year. Its about what an average family brings home after taxes but with all the bills to pay on top. Add to that, many sell stuff they make, do they have to claim it as a business? I know, lots of questions but I am a curious one.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Roadster wrote:Without all them bills to pay I could be quite comfortable on 40 grand a year.

You might have to live on a northern reserve to get that $40,000 - in substandard housing full of mold and maybe a backed-up septic system.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Canada will still be here tomorrow .We are all so fortunate to live in this amazing Country .It seems like we are pawns in an internal native struggle for power .When I see people bickering over Chief Spences' budget It makes me laugh ,because it got you talking about them and forced to read propaganda unlike your opinion.Watching people imagine where the money went,Am I supposed to take these people seriously?People who think they are better and more deserving than native people ,native children, are a joke .
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 11th, 2013, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

So Dr Trusler sees a band paying for the family to travel to see their dad, no one would argue that but what about where one band was caught using free medical air transport for shopping trips? One place was caught after quite a long period of time doing so, like years. It was in the news only a month or so ago. And no I dont have a link for anyone, google is the best option here, I read it and went on to the next news piece.
Again it boils down to looking at where you live, what are you limited to? Could you go shopping down the road in your car if you lived in a city or town off the res? Could you make more money and pay for things you need on your own? If you worked for yourself and bought your own home would it be leaky? Would you be stuck up in the cold in a shack barely good enough for living in? Could you educate yourself if you lived near a collage?
When I lived further up north people on the reserves told me they used to call an ambulance to come into town...
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

grammafreddy wrote:You might have to live on a northern reserve to get that $40,000 - in substandard housing full of mold and maybe a backed-up septic system.

I'm sorry but that just begs the question, would you be as concerned, or sympathetic, if it was your hypothetical white neighbor, who ranked in the upper income percentile, yet chose to live in squallor because he let his home fall apart, didn't do any maintenance, and squandered all his income on frivolous stuff?

Somehow I'm of the mind you'd have quite a lot to say about the situation, but not much in the way of sympathy.

Why the double standard?

@roadster - yes I recall reading about that medi vac abuse too.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Roadster wrote:Without all them bills to pay I could be quite comfortable on 40 grand a year.

Grammafreddie
You might have to live on a northern reserve to get that $40,000 - in substandard housing full of mold and maybe a backed-up septic system.

Thats right and no one would make me do that. I would rather make that 40 grand here and have my options open to do as I like, not what the chiefs think. I like a warm house, I like to be close to the ammenities. I like the ability to go out to many of the things you dont see on a reserve.

Seriously, if these people were challenged to go out and educate and work they would probably never go back sept to visit.

And seriously, I think our rapests and murderers should be placed on them reserves up north,,, and left there to live that life. We would free up some jail space, people would think twice before hurting someone maybe.
Last edited by Roadster on Jan 11th, 2013, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

grammafreddy

This is not what they all live in. I used to build homes on the reserve in Sask. You are like the Indians trying to show how they live in shacks.

Look accross the lake. The homes there are ok, other then those who choose to destroy the property. Why do you print such stories? You are like the bands trying to show the summer shacks as if they are homes. Come on now.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

removed - Jennylives
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

removed - Jennylives
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

If my home had a mold issue, my septic system failed, I had a 40k a year tax free income for doing nothing, I'd have zero problem getting off Castanet for a couple days and do something about it.
Cmon, granny.
Its nobody elses job to fix someone elses house.
If everybody got off their high expectation and entitlement azz and did something for themselves, canada would have a chance becoming a great nation again.
Its crap like that thats turning this beautiful country into a laughable swillhole.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Ken7 wrote:
This is not what they all live in. I used to build homes on the reserve in Sask. You are like the Indians trying to show how they live in shacks.

Look accross the lake. The homes there are ok, other then those who choose to destroy the property. Why do you print such stories? You are like the bands trying to show the summer shacks as if they are homes. Come on now.

Very true, I might be wrong but I heard the band in Osoyoos or some where near there does very well. Its there I heard they all get a vehicle at 19 and of course a house and what ever else comes along.

I had friends who were renting a house on a reserve near OK Falls, it was quite nice, quite modern and the rent was reasonable to the standards of the house itself, so where was the person who owned the house living? I visited them a few times and I was quite impressed with the house, it was No shack. I think it depends hugely on the reserve and its government managing it.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

An interesting letter from Don Laird in Edson, Alberta. Not sure who he is but I like his style.

Hello there....

I find it remarkable that the Indian Industry across Canada, consisting of
white educated Chiefs, "consultants" and their little cliques, masters at
the art of manipulating the Bank of White Guilt , can siphon off hundreds of
millions of dollars into their own accounts and businesses, all the while
their own people starve......all the while their own people remain caught in
a vicious circle, a sickening vortex of incest, domestic violence, drugs and
alcohol, fetal alcohol syndrome, illiteracy, violence, poverty, malnutrition
and death. Yet somehow all of this and the blame for the same is shuffled
off on the "EVIL WHITE MAN".

The reality is that the utter misery of their own people is like a cash cow
as anytime they need a million dollar grant they simply point to the misery
that they themselves created and say " LOOK WHAT THE EVIL BAD WHITE MAN DID
".......its sickening, its a bald-faced lie, its criminal and must be
stopped

The time has come to start looking closely at the senior levels of Indian
bands and their criminal mismanagement of the same including their acts of
theft and fraud that is bankrupting their own bands and killing their own
people.

A perfect example of that are the revelations made about a year ago
regarding Chief Shirley Clark of the Glooscap Indian Band in Nova Scotia.
Chief Clark made a whopping annual salary of 962,000 dollars for the
management of a band with only 300 members.....not 300 houses but just 300
persons, only 82 of which actually live on the reserve. Imagine
that....Chief Shirley Clark pulls in almost 3,000 dollars a day, every
single day of the year......far more than even the Prime Minister of Canada
makes.

And Chief Shirley Clark is only the tip of the iceberg. In Canada alone
there are over 78 Chiefs who haul in an annual salary in excess of what
Stephen Harper makes.

Here are some more numbers:
http://taxpayer.com/federal/new-jaw-dro ... ay-numbers

This attention-whore "Chief Theresa Spence" has now embarked on a hunger
strike, which is a thinly veiled attempt to distract attention away from her
criminal theft, fraud and mismanagement of her band's funds, mismanagement
of tens of millions of dollars.

Fortunately, there will be an investigation, charges will be laid and people
will go to prison.

WATCH THIS VIDEO AND LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT SPENCE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFNYNmUNYdk

The time has come to cut these Indian Bands loose, to end the limitless
corruption and graft and to stop paying their cozy little band councils and
chiefs millions and millions of dollars for their personal pleasure.

You may not like what I say, or the manner in which I say it.....but Indians
today are being butchered and robbed by their own people. Its time to circle
the wagons and put these parasitic *bleep* in prison.

If you are an Indian, then learn the truth, educate yourself.....demand
accountability from your chiefs and their councils.....

If you work in the band offices take every opportunity to access and copy
records, all records, especially telephone, payroll and financial records.

When speaking to your co-workers or the chief and council please record the
telephone conversations, store all emails with the same.

If you are a resident of the reserve you may want to follow the example of
many natives on reserves across Canada who, in an attempt to collect the
incriminating evidence, raid the band offices and take the computers and
accounting records and books, copy all the information and then turn the
information over to the RCMP or local police.

If you work in the band offices you can make notes on all the businesses the
chiefs and councils and their cronies own and manage, then publish all the
records to the internet and send copies in PDF form to everyone you know
including newspapers, radio stations and government offices.

If you are a financial consultant or a band financial manager and you know
there are hundreds of thousands of dollars being either stolen or defrauded
from the band, in order to protect yourself, you had better gather all the
evidence you can before it is destroyed. It may be the only thing standing
between you and a lengthy prison sentence.

You can even go door to door on the reserves and deliver the financial
records to every man, woman and child.....let them see the hundreds of
thousands of dollars that are being stolen from them by their own chiefs and
councils.

You can also email PDF files and financial records you have to the snail
mail and email contacts listed here: http://taxpayer.com/contact

...DEMAND AN ACCOUNTING FOR THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS STOLEN BY THOSE THIEVES
AND SCUM THAT CALL THEMSELVES YOUR LEADERS!!!!!

Its not pretty, its not sexy, its not politically correct and it doesn't fit
the narrative but once you start putting scum like Chief Shirley Clark and
Chief Theresa Spence in prison....things will begin to change.

You know what to do......now start doing it!!!!!

Regards, Don Laird

Edson, Alberta, Canada
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

^^ What I found intriguing was that it seems there's a possibility that this Chief *read drama queen* Spence, is in all liklihood collecting monies under the name Linklater as well. Seems her and her boyfriend have quite the scam going up there.

Hunger strike my tuckuss, I bet that woman hasn't lost ten pounds, in a month of this supposed striking, something that has legitimate hunger strikers on the verge of death well before three weeks even, along with the predictable signs of same, as in being gaunt and sickly looking.

At the rate this media *bleep* is deteriorating, she's going to out live all of us.

I sure hope most people are far more intelligent, than she apparently gives them credit for, in pulling this kind of a charade, more likely designed to shift focus away from her questionable dealings with her people, as opposed to any other motive.

This is a snippet from the story featured on Castanet....
Spence joined a group of her fellow chiefs at a downtown Ottawa hotel before heading to Rideau Hall for an evening meeting described by officials as "ceremonial."Looking frail and tired, she walked gingerly with the help of several handlers.

At one point, she stood briefly in a room full of chiefs, wearing a headdress, to be feted by a group of aboriginal drummers. Her health, however, is seriously diminished, said spokesman Danny Metatawabin, who admitted surprise at her appearance at the hotel.

"She's tired, she's weak. She's weakening. Got cramps in her stomach. We're all praying for her," Metatawabin said.

All I can say is these reporters sure have an odd way of describing "frail" because the woman in the picture accompanying the story is anything but, in my eyes. If this is frail, I need to head off to a restaurant pronto.........
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Canada”