Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by Roadster »

But sooooo long ago, and now it's getting to the point we need to have this happen for the better good of all of us so I say it out loud now instead of just thinking it.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Roadster wrote:The other chief said it's everyones struggle, they won't be put behind and no one should die for it,,, so she is done.

What struggle? It's a struggle for all Canadians fercryingoutloud, it's called living, but they seem to think they are the only ones struggling,,, it truly is time they were laid out in line with the rest of us and see what a stubble it can be when we all gotta make our own money to put food on our table.
Every time they speak they are telling us they have it the hardest, in one of the richest countries in the world,,, imagine if it wasn't Canada they were living in and they were still smokin leaves and eating berries and rabbits and lighting fires with sticks while the rest of the country had some development but wasn't sharing the wealth with them as I am sure many countries don't.
They want a say in environmental issues,,, sure,,, stand in line with the rest of us and vote! Why do they want to be a special piece of everything we must all stop and listen and cater to? Dang me sideways,,, I am sick of the me first attitude they spew every time they speak. When will we become one Canada as we have been trying to do with everyone who lives here, and even moves here from other countries for crimminy sakes?!?!
Time to join the population and stop trying to be first and only that matters.

Where is the petition that says the government should see them as Canadians only and should be treated as fairly as the rest of us?

What I find interesting, same people, same bands in the USA and no troubles. Hmm, maybe when told NO they understand that and that's the end of it???

Canada has given to long, it's like a spoiled child. Give and they only want more!
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

They said on the news that Chief Spence refuses to answer questions about the financial situation on her reserve and whether she thinks she accomplished anything and that her spokesperson would do the talking. Too bad she didn't give Harper that option.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

If that was her as of today on the news just now she didn't lose much weight,,, not as far as I could see. If I did a liquid fast I would lose a lot in 2 weeks I am sure. I was sick years ago when I didn't eat for days and my clothes were loose on me by the time I had an appetite again.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

right on groovy tunes ,If Steve was smart he would send bob in to do the dirty work after Justin is leader.
Do you think steve is smart? i don't think so ,the blg blue C loves a :nukeem:
Peace be with you.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Who cares what a commie like Bob Rae says anyway? I would trust him about as far as I could throw him. Nice photo op though. He's a loser, like all NDP (past or present) left wing nuts. He's interim leader of the Liberals cuz he was better than Ignatieff? Way to go Bob, you're awesome. Next.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Who cares what a commie like Bob Rae says anyway?

I lived through bob ray as premier of Ontario,he didn't expect to be elected .Hes learned a lot and has become a skilled politician. Its because of his Ontario failure he could never be P.M.Come now dear Watson who better to deal with a communal people than a left wing pinko commie. :ferribunny:
Peace be with you.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Hahaha.......interesting point kibbs. Very clever.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

a left wing pinko commie. :ferribunny:

wow....for someone who professes to have found his roots and went to church, pretty handy with name calling....and very derogatory ones at that.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

I lived through bob ray as premier of Ontario,he didn't expect to be elected .Hes learned a lot and has become a skilled politician. Its because of his Ontario failure he could never be P.M.Come now dear Watson who better to deal with a communal people than a left wing pinko commie. :ferribunny:[/quote]

And yet again your posts inspire such confidence in your abilty with words. I must not be as eloquent because my posts get deleted :ohmygod:
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

wow....for someone who professes to have found his roots and went to church, pretty handy with name calling....and very derogatory ones at that.

\
Just a little,Exaggeration for dear watson. But bobs experiences does make him good for the job.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

j watson wrote:Who cares what a commie like Bob Rae says anyway? I would trust him about as far as I could throw him. Nice photo op though. He's a loser, like all NDP (past or present) left wing nuts. He's interim leader of the Liberals cuz he was better than Ignatieff? Way to go Bob, you're awesome. Next.

Very valid point!!

The funny thing here the Politicians, such a Trudeau and Rae are working this issue for political gain.

Now in saying that, what percentage of Natives vote?
Then consider, how do most taxpaying voting Canadian bill payers feel about this issue?

I don't believe this is a win/win situation for politicians, as I see it this would it be like jumping off a tall bridge with shallow waters below.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The funny thing here the Politicians, such a Trudeau and Rae are working this issue for political gain.

Now in saying that, what percentage of Natives vote?
Then consider, how do most taxpaying voting Canadian bill payers feel about this issue?

I don't believe this is a win/win situation for politicians, as I see it this would it be like jumping off a tall bridge with shallow waters below.

Natives have only had THE VOTE SINCE 1960 :smt103 Some wont vote because its not their nation.Its too bad they feel that way.
Its pretty much 50 /50 from media reports between bean counters and more liberal supporters.
its all coming down to public opinion on the environment and the economy.
i can see this as a perfect platform for the liberals to rebuild with leaving the ndp free to beat the tar out of the big C.
I see left coalition at election time.pulled ndp and libs from certain ridings.
I just hope the first nations will not just be used and some change comes to help them and unite us all.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

That's their fault,,, it's their nation as it is ours and once they see that they can enjoy all the rights as all are offered, they just need to become a part of the package as everyone else is, pay in, take from it as needed and vote and take up work and residence as everyone else does. It's way better to earn your own money, know you are accomplishing something rather then let a bad chief decide what you will get and stay back on secluded lands where it's cold and houses aren't cared for and there isn't much to do.
No one is penning them there, it's their choice to leave and enjoy the parks, libraries, shopping and such a nice sized town or city offers. They seem to talk as if We are holding them there and are keeping them from living a comfortable life. Well maybe it's time to move on and make it as comfortable as they would like it to be. Who wants to live up there where it's freezing all the time anyway,,,?
If they won't vote then what right do they have to make demands of the government? Is it that they don't vote because they are encouraged by someone there not to?

Return to “Canada”