Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Libelle
Guru

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by Libelle »

First Nations (with a "s ") includes all of the indigenous people of Canada. Ms. Spence needs to step down as she has run her community into the ground. If she is not willing to disclose the books then there would be no reason to negioatite. She is hiding something and thinking it is no ones business, oh but it is.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Libelle wrote:First Nations (with a "s ") includes all of the indigenous people of Canada. Ms. Spence needs to step down as she has run her community into the ground. If she is not willing to disclose the books then there would be no reason to negioatite. She is hiding something and thinking it is no ones business, oh but it is.

Do you think??

A total income of over $200 K between her and her husband/ common-law... come now the old saying comes to mind, "Misappropriation of funding" with a Cree slur comes to mind!

It's BS and it has to stop or the Government should put stop payment on their next cheque, then you will see meaningful results!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

If she is not willing to disclose the books

she doesnt have to any more then mexico does.there are over 630 first nations within canada.all self governed .just like us some towns are run good and some towns have crooked mayors .the best we can do is come when welcomed learn why all is not well with our native brothers nation ,offer our best to help find solutions that will help within the limits of their culture .they think that person is steve .good luck steve
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:she doesnt have to any more then mexico does.

We don't have to pay support to Mexicans with our tax dollars. Big difference.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

we didn't sign treaty agreements with the Mexicans and we did not create a Mexican act either.why fight it they are a nation once believed held down by scattered reserves ,now their nationhood is organizing through social media and requesting an audience with steve .and they got it .ill bet your scared.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:we didn't sign treaty agreements with the Mexicans and we did not create a Mexican act either.why fight it they are a nation once believed held down by scattered reserves ,now their nationhood is organizing through social media and requesting an audience with steve .and they got it .ill bet your scared.

Look at the list Glacier posted on page 2 and tell me that was part of a treaty. As I mentioned in another thread, it would be more believable if when the natives say they're protesting for all of Canada, they would protest when it's an issue that's not in their backyard, such as this:
http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/09/11/kirs ... vastation/

Canadians grew weary of the government’s muzzling of scientists and critics, and on June 4th, 2012, more than 500 organizations across Canada dimmed their websites in solidarity for BLACKOUTSPEAKOUT. The campaign was to highlight the government’s persistent assault on the environment and democracy, and to ask “who will next be under attack by the government for voicing opposition”?

Is this not what the natives are protesting now? I never heard of one comment from the natives about this protest, maybe they shouldn't only be demonstrating when it's just in their backyard, that would give more credibility to them when they say they're doing it for all Canadians.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

zzontar wrote:

:rate10: When it is not their money they have a duty like every other community to disclose where the money is going. That is the million dollar question. But do not ask Ms. Spence that as it will cause her to go on a solid food strike. What a joke. And meeting with Steven Harper for one to two consecutive weeks is beyond unreasonable. Who oes she thnk she is anyways to make such a request? Who has ever asked for a one to two week meeting with a Canadian PM? No one comes to mind. So what makes her so special?
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

Doesn't look like she's lost any weight. Worst hunger strike ever.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

I hope Harper arrives for said meeting in a tank, with the Canadian Army as his entourage. I think Canadians are getting tired of being fleeced by the likes of Chief Spence and the so called first nations.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

waterwings wrote: Idle No More protests choose the wrong targets
By Mark Milke, Vancouver Sun January 5, 2013 1:46 PM •Story•Photos ( 1 )

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Idle+M ... z2H9b8G2eX

Wow..this guy is an idiot. It is obvious he and too many people do not realize that the idle no more campaign is not connected to Chief Spence's hunger strike...yes they are supporting her, but the meeting Spence has called for has no relation to Bill C45 which is what the INM group are protesting.

Also his comment about leasing land is so very understated...I hate it when people manipulate words to feed the feeding frenzy of contempt by those who choose to remain ignorant on the subject.

The bill is a threat to First Nations, says McAdam, member of the Big River First Nation and Indigenous Studies instructor at the First Nations University of Canada.

The Assembly of First Nations is still analyzing the bill, but in its October parliamentary report, the AFN pointed out a number of areas of concern contained within the bill including amendments to the Indian Act and amendments to Bill C-38, such as technical changes to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act 2012 and the definition of Aboriginal fishery. Bill C-38 is the first omnibus bill introduced to implement the budget.

Amendments to the Indian Act give the Aboriginal Affairs minister authority to “extinguish reserve land. This is what I’m understanding from it,” said McAdam. “And what I can’t figure out is what does that have to do with the budget bill to have that in there?”

The amendment allows the federal government to call a band meeting or referendum in order for the band to decide on releasing reserve land. McAdam sees the amendment as furthering the push to privatize reserve lands.

Bill C-45 also removes the protection of water, exempting major pipeline and interprovincial power line projects from proving they won’t damage navigable waterways.

“That’s a big deal. That’s a huge deal,” McAdam said. “If our water is contaminated by chemicals, especially radioactive chemicals, there’s no way to repair that water. So this bill affects everyone.”

Further impacting the environment are amendments contained to the Environmental Assessment Act, which exempts designated projects from undertaking environmental assessments.

But it’s not only what the bill contains that has McAdam concerned, it is how the information is presented.

“For parliament and the people involved to read this in such a short time frame, I really question if they’re getting the full opportunity to really read through it,” McAdam said. “I have a law degree and I’m struggling to read through this document with all the legalise in there....”

http://www.ammsa.com/publications/saskatchewan-sage/bill-c-45-rally
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I hope Harper arrives for said meeting in a tank,

A tank ? :eyeballspin: i find these attitudes unfamiliar due to the fact im only a half century old,although the movement is to bring awareness to a bill that is being passed that lumps a whole bunch of laws into one bill .if you dont like one part too bad you cant have the part you like unless you eat the whole thing.its a an awful way to pass laws .they need to be debated and passed on an individual bases.sure they have a majority ,but we must leave the door open just in case some one within his party votes with a conscience.the protest is for all canadians because these types of bills affect us all. steves heavy handed party control is altering our politics to a more partisan american style.the left will have no choice but to unite and use the same tactics.i think chief spence hijacked this band wagon to get another 15 minutes and forced the movement to support her.It did bring more awareness to the movement. steve is too busy driving democracy into the ground to operate a tank.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Ezra Levant reveals some shocking facts about Chief Theresa Spence and Attawapiskat that other media outlets won't talk about.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 0949556001

Hope this works, it certainly makes you think....if you have not already considered their budget and where it goes.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

It is hard to take any of this seriously when anyone with eyes can see the buck stops at the top. Government meeting with government, whoopee.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

this whole debatacle is seriously making me ill. :purefury:
The indians have only themselves alone to blame for ANY situations they find themselves in this day and age
This people have absolutely NO RIGHT to be blockcading anything thats owned by others or is public domain
They receive Billions in $$$$ aid and social welfare benifits.They(Indians)and they alone mismanage and waste
the BILLIONS received from federal and provincial tax payers
We(tax payers)should be cutting back in these days of restraint not expounding with more $$$

The Only thing I feel the governments should be doing is making sure that all this money is being shared in proportionate
and fair manner of which is rather apparent this is not happening.
There is not one Adult Indian in Canada that will ever get sympathy or tears from me NEVER :purefury:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well said ticat,your dead bang on this issue
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”