Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Libelle
Guru

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by Libelle »

kibbs wrote:as far a the rink goes ill bet that rink is the most important thing to that community has..school can be taught by parents .this is a communal society you got to get your brain around that .they don't need to learn jeopardy questions they need to learn how to survive up north with a white world closing in .what the heck good is a rink without a Zamboni

Well when you do not have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of, you can NOT afford and justify a new $96,000 ice resurfacer. As well sell some of those stocks that are worth around a cool $90,000,000.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

GF: Do you have a link saying that Ms.Spence fully disclosed all of her bands financial books to the govt?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:
Well when you do not have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of, you can NOT afford and justify a new $96,000 ice resurfacer. As well sell some of those stocks that are worth around a cool $90,000,000.

Link to these "stocks that are worth around a cool $90,000,000". That's 90 million, right?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:GF: Do you have a link saying that Ms.Spence fully disclosed all of her bands financial books to the govt?

Where do you think the auditor got their numbers from?

Do you think the government disclosed all their end of the books? Remember, the band was being co-managed by the government at that time. Did you read the links?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

The govt does what it chooses with tax payer money, but when that money is being handed to people just because of who they are then yes, they should disclose where that money is going.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:The govt does what it chooses with tax payer money, but when that money is being handed to people just because of who they are then yes, they should disclose where that money is going.

LOL, Libelle, it wasn't "just being handed" to them. The government was micro-managing it for them.

Why are you not reading the links or checking out the videos I keep providing?

LOL - do you need "micro-managing", too? Hahahhaha

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Libelle wrote:The govt does what it chooses with tax payer money, but when that money is being handed to people just because of who they are then yes, they should disclose where that money is going.

You mean like Oda and the orange juice ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Forgive ourselves for what?

taking children and beating the indian out of them .white guilt is a big thing.dont let one harsh band out of 360 make you feel pity for a whole nation .idle no more is the thing .they need respect not pity.many people are raised to think natives are bad mkay.its hard to shake that which is inherit from your parents after birth.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GF - The name of the reserve eludes me. It is up by Yorkton Sask. What occurred in short she wanted to further her education. As it is her treaty right to have it paid she went through her band. She was assured it would be all arranged.

She was later told, no!

I found it somewhat difficult that a BAND can go against a treaty right, and yet if the Government does they start banging drums.

Anyway.. I think little Chief Spence will wish she never entered into the hunger strike as she open up a can of worms that will likely leave a bad taste in her mouth. It might also enlighten her people on what she is doing with the funding.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

grammafreddy wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2189651632/

This video explains in part what the problems are with the modulars and how the money issues happen.

Sure, they got sent 22 modulars - in winter (trucked in over the ice roads) and unfinished on the inside.

The modulars came with no money attached for finishing them inside or for hooking up to services - or for the services themselves to be available.

They applied for those funds to get the homes finished for occupancy but the federal government was too slow in dealing with it.

The natives went ahead and started to get the work done because they were in an emergency situation and needed them finished.

The government refused to pay those bills because the natives did them without the government's "approval".

So all work on getting those homes finished just stopped. Now they are sitting going nowhere. They can't be lived in and they aren't being finished.

Government does not always tell the truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Harper and his crew are spinning half truths and covering their very large tushes. They did not do what's required and they are determined to cover up their end of what went wrong and the natives are taking the media brunt of the government's mishandling of the situation.

What I gained out of the video was, the Chief did not want to co-operate.

Therefore no cheques were issued. I do not see this as the Government stopping progress. She just wanted to *bleep* money out where she felt it should go and they said no.

She even admits it when asked. Further look at the supplies she has control of. Tell me if people were in need and were told to come and get it, they wouldn't?

You can walk accross town or drive your brand new Ford the two block to pick it up.

Am I missing something?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ken7 wrote:
What I gained out of the video was, the Chief did not want to co-operate.

Therefore no cheques were issued. I do not see this as the Government stopping progress. She just wanted to *bleep* money out where she felt it should go and they said no.

She even admits it when asked. Further look at the supplies she has control of. Tell me if people were in need and were told to come and get it, they wouldn't?

You can walk accross town or drive your brand new Ford the two block to pick it up.

Am I missing something?

Yes.

Sure, they got sent 22 modulars - in winter (trucked in over the ice roads) and unfinished on the inside.

The modulars came with no money attached for finishing them inside or for hooking up to services - or for the services themselves to be available.

They applied for those funds to get the homes finished for occupancy but the federal government was too slow in dealing with it.

The natives went ahead and started to get the work done because they were in an emergency situation and needed them finished.

The government refused to pay those bills because the natives did them without the government's "approval".

So all work on getting those homes finished just stopped. Now they are sitting going nowhere. They can't be lived in and they aren't being finished.

Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

grammafreddy wrote:
LOL, Libelle, it wasn't "just being handed" to them. The government was micro-managing it for them.

Why are you not reading the links or checking out the videos I keep providing?

LOL - do you need "micro-managing", too? Hahahhaha

Did they earn that money, umm no. What about the HSt credit they all get or the ones with children they get the child tax benefit.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

What other group of people get any house delivered to them, regardless if the house is not finished. Oh my doorbell just rang, could it be my new house bought by the govt? No, it is not, as I am not a First Nations woman.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

If the government tells them how their curtesy of the tax payers money is spent then why is Ms. spence being so secretive on disclosing the books? So the govt told them to buy this ice resurfacer then? That is one document that I would just love to see.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:
Did they earn that money, umm no. What about the HSt credit they all get or the ones with children they get the child tax benefit.

Do you get the HST credit and the Child Tax Credit?

If you do, why shouldn't they?

I get the HST rebate and the carbon credit - and I don't work. Does that mean I should not get either?

Cripes, when my kids were little I even got the Baby Bonus cheques - $8 each child every month. That actually went up because when there was just the one kid, I only got $6 a month for him.

How much do moms get every month now for their kids?

Return to “Canada”