Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Veovis
Guru

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by Veovis »

oneh2obabe wrote:People read the article, took it at face value but failed to notice the disclaimer? Canada News Network is a web site dedicated to satirical news coverage of contemporary events in Canada. Please note that news articles are satire, and are not real news, even though they are typically and loosely based on real events and personalities.

That's awesome. I'm used the the onion, but this is funny, I had never heard of these guys so suckered me in.

I simply wish this just wasn't actually believable.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

So then we still need to hear where the money went,,,,
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Roadster wrote:So then we still need to hear where the money went,,,,

Offshore accounts? Yes, we need to know where the money went but highly doubt we'll get answers.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

god forbid ppl actually read before getting out the torches and pitchforks LOL best laugh of the week
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

ok, now I feel stupid for not reading the disclaimer and won't ever go to that site again, because I have better things to read online then sites that are BS...but if it is BS, wouldn't that be considered Slander ??
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

normaM wrote:god forbid ppl actually read before getting out the torches and pitchforks LOL best laugh of the week

Goes to show that you can't believe everything you read. Posting links does not make them fact. Some here on this forum believe that he/she who posts the most links wins any debate. Until you have lived or witnessed things, our posts are just opinions.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Gotta admit it was the laugh of the week. I think it wouldn't be called slander when the site states it's a site for laughs rather then real news, they could post anything. First time I have ever seen a site like that one so ya, it suckered me in.
Thing is, it worked because it's almost believable.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

yeah, had a good laugh at myself too..hahaha now I have to go on FB and see if anybody was as stupid as me for believing it and wrote some huge rant (like me ..LOL) nothing like a good laugh first thing in the morning :)
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"zzontar"
Wow, just wow. No wonder on the news today it said the polls are showing Thief Spence has a support rate of only 29% now.

That poll was likely before it was learned she has been mis-spending the Government of Canada. I'm sure happy for those who may ask to move to Toronto and live in their condos.

She should live in the same tarp shacks as her people for the rest of he days, and then she might think next time she plays with their health.

You can't fix stupid and she is!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Turns out Ken7 , it's not true,,, the news site is a joke kinda site.

There still seems to be something going on tho if all the money said to have gone there hasn't managed to fix houses and keep people warm and safe.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I thought satire was supposed to be somewhat humorous, that story wasn't funny in the slightest and by having people believe it then find out it's BS, it detracts from the real issue of many missing millions.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Turns out Ken7 , it's not true,,, the news site is a joke kinda site.

People are getting rich creating fake news sites just support weak theories. Tabloids are on the net to.That's how you know this topic is dead.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:People are getting rich creating fake news sites just support weak theories. Tabloids are on the net to.That's how you know this topic is dead.

:dyinglaughing: Yup, let's forget all those millions of dollars that Chiefs keep stealing at the expense of their people and taxpayers. Kibbs, you sound like one of those Chiefs, just wanting the media to go home and stop investigating without anything changing. Just pedaling madly on your bike with your eyes closed shouting "it's all good" doesn't make it so.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Yup, let's forget all those millions of dollars that Chiefs keep stealing at the expense of their people and taxpayers. Kibbs,

its not our business its theirs mind your own business .Are non native Canadian leaders wasting tax payers money on anything?.Unless native ,that is your concern.Champion a cause you actually matter in.if you believe that we should cut off all moniies without dealing with treaties first you will see much worse than hunger strikes and road blocks.You don't know what an angry group of people can do when they have nothing left to lose.
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 16th, 2013, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

kibbs wrote:People are getting rich creating fake news sites just support weak theories. Tabloids are on the net to.That's how you know this topic is dead.

Just by looking at the number of comments here and the ongoing news buddy, this topic is far from dead, you weren't serious tho, were ya?

Return to “Canada”