Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

albertabound wrote:I do not love harper,but he has been the best pm we have had in decades, you do not know much ,you think you do. :bethecoffee: :trippyquoter:

" I, too, am one of these angry westerners ... We may love Canada but Canada does not love us ... Let's make ( Alberta ) strong enough that the rest of the country is afraid to threathen us . "

S. Harper
Report Newsmagazine Dec 2000

Yes. The best.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

albertabound wrote: you do not know much ,you think you do.

I guess you can't read ... I said I know nothing ( First Nations ) and I'm willing to learn.
As for Harper we all have our own opinions. That's why we vote, no ?
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

What I meant is the way they are spending your tax dollars ?
Orange juice anyone ? Jets ? What's happening with that ? Senators ( obsolete ) .. their pensions ... that kind of thing ...
Omnibus bills affect us all in the long run... that is why Harper has them in the first place ...
You know that legislation 15% foreign labour discount with a guaranteed 10 days fast track delivery ? ... that one affects B.C. right now ..[/quote]

How does all that relate to the title of this thread? :137: I was thinking of tax dollars going to people like Chief Spence and other leaders like her.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Well, okay ... let's look at those "tax dollars" ...

http://apihtawikosisan.com/2011/12/03/f ... -taxation/
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

wolfen_one wrote: How does all that relate to the title of this thread? I was thinking of tax dollars going to people like Chief Spence and other leaders like her.

* sigh * Because ... some posters are so .. so .. so angry that their hard earned tax dollars go to the " Indians " and make it sounds like they are paying it all single handedly. All I said to " watson " was and I should have worded it out differently so you can understand it ( my fault ) is, that if he can get so angry about that, I was wondering how angry he gets when he hears about what's happening in Ottawa ? ( Other then FN ) You know ... where his hard earned tax dollars go to.That's it ... that's all. Just babbling away ... in a forum.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Harper said Attawapiskat got $90 million, where did it all go!?

http://apihtawikosisan.com/2011/11/30/d ... awapiskat/
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

grammafreddy wrote:Harper said Attawapiskat got $90 million, where did it all go!?

That's just insane.
My good freaking gawd that woman needs to be....oh never mind.

As an aside:
Is there such a thing as shaken adult syndrome?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

grammafreddy wrote:Harper said Attawapiskat got $90 million, where did it all go!?

I just finished watching the video of Chief Spence showing how bad the reserve is. Now this link states that part of this 90 mil was for infrastructure, but not even an outhouse in sight?
Chief Spence and her entourage must go. If she gave a damn about anything but lining her own pockets this would not be happening.
Also if they are sitting on such a huge diamond mine they need someone with a little drive and desire to help their people. Not a greedy self absorbed crook.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Walking Wounded wrote:I just finished watching the video of Chief Spence showing how bad the reserve is. Now this link states that part of this 90 mil was for infrastructure, but not even an outhouse in sight?
Chief Spence and her entourage must go. If she gave a damn about anything but lining her own pockets this would not be happening.
Also if they are sitting on such a huge diamond mine they need someone with a little drive and desire to help their people. Not a greedy self absorbed crook.

She's disgusting.
Tries to imply that many projects go unfinished because the travel to and from becomes so inhibited that...from my understanding the way she represented...there must be a halfway point to her town where truck loads of supplies are piled in the ditch because the trucks just could get all the way there.
Her reasoning is so flawed it would be comedic were it not for what she is doing to real people. Her own community.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Graham Adder wrote:That's just insane.
My good freaking gawd that woman needs to be....oh never mind.

As an aside:
Is there such a thing as shaken adult syndrome?

What did you think was so insane?

Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

grammafreddy wrote:What did you think was so insane?

The amount of money stomped into the muck hole.

When I read the figures of money slipped down between the floorboards with nowhere to go and no traces of direction, it makes me realize the magnitude of this thing.
The ball was systematically dropped along a whole gravy train of pimple-assed seat warmers and freecell addicts to the detriment of more than just "their" people.
It's to the detriment of an entire country. It's to the detriment of others globally because these types of issues are also echoing in other lands far from ours.

The world is watching and the haters are taking notes.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Who are the "whole gravy train of pimple-assed seat warmers and freecell addicts"? The natives? The government?

Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

grammafreddy wrote:Who are the "whole gravy train of pimple-assed seat warmers and freecell addicts"? The natives? The government?

Both.
It takes people from both "offices" to overlook what must have been some if not many very obvious flags.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I agree, GA. The system is broken. It broke many years ago but nobody knows how to fix it or has the will to fix it now. If the natives suffer in the fixing process, the government gets labelled as racist. If the government suffers in the process, the people of Canada get labelled as having no balls to fix things.

Somewhere along the line, a happy medium needs to be found. The native people who need help should get it, the ones who can be taught, should be taught a trade. The ones who are abused and diseased (mentally and physically) should be looked after. The ones who can become productive should be given that opportunity.

The $$ are astronomical - and there has been much waste over the past 200 years - on both sides. It concerns me that the money has not been getting to the people who need it for their housing, schooling and medical care. The fault for that lies on both sides, too.

Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Both.
It takes people from both "offices" to overlook what must have been some if not many very obvious flags.[/quote]

:rate10:

Return to “Canada”