Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by grammafreddy »

Ken7 wrote:GF -Did you watch the news video I posted??

Yes, I did.

I already addressed that issue. Did you read that?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

This thing keeps going round and round and round. Natives believe that Canada owes them a living and the Canadian Government is to blame. See the photos of those run down houses that people live in. I am sure they start out like that. INdians Affairs should have evicted them as soon as the disrepair started and gave it to a family that cared. I am tired sick and tired of the guilt that is being laid at my feet which do not accept because guilt is not a product of reconciliation and forgiveness.

Write Ottawa folks.....tell me how we feel.

I am outta here Jack!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

waterwings wrote:See the photos of those run down houses that people live in. I am sure they start out like that. INdians Affairs should have evicted them as soon as the disrepair started and gave it to a family that cared.

Ummmmm ... the landlord does not care?

They tell their landlord that the house needs repairs but the landlord does not fix the house.

What do you suggest the tenant should do?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

grammafreddy wrote:
You do know the FN people do not own their individual homes on the reserves, right?

So no one that lives on a reserve own their house or a house that they own but are renting out?
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ken7 wrote:
After working on a reserve in Northern Saskatchewan for Department of Northern Sask, building homes.

I think this is terrible.

Think of it this way, if your parents gave you a car. How well would you care for it?

If you had to pay for that same car with your hard earned money you would be like me and wash the paint off it!!

I think if those principals could be put towards housing on any reserve you might see a different level of care.

When I worked up north it was oh well they'll build me another one. Holes through bathroom walls so the horse could drink from the bathtub. Toilets so full they were coned and you could not sit on them as they were plugged.

It doesn't matter what race, it is the same. If you don't have to pay for something the value is not there. Again, no one is held accountable and you have one big mess!

Yuppers - the old Scottish saying holds a lot of truth ...

"That which is lightly gained is little valued."

And it isn't just First Nations people on reserves that it applies to, either.

W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Thank You Groove Tunes for posting that incredibilty informative article...totally changed every opinion I had about this..
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:
So no one that lives on a reserve own their house or a house that they own but are renting out?

Nope - a First Nations person living on a reserve doesn't own their house. There was a story about that recently, too, but I am not gonna start looking for it again now.

Now, for the nations that are self-governing, that may be different. I really don't know about that. I think the WIB is self-governing - do you know any native people who live on the reserve and could you ask them if they can own their home or if it belongs to the government or who?

Non-natives who live on the WIB reserve do not own the land their house sits on but they own their house. Perhaps that is what the natives can do, too?

Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

So why was the FNMHF created?
http://www.fnmhf.ca/english/about/index.html
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:So why was the FNMHF created?
http://www.fnmhf.ca/english/about/index.html

That's rather self-explanatory, isn't it?

Looks to me like they still don't own the land the house sits on, though. Did you get the same impression? There's only 20 FN reserves that are eligible, so far. There's hundreds of FN bands in Canada. I see none of the Okanagan nations are listed as members.

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

grammafreddy wrote:Not an on-reserve home, you wouldn't.

attawapiskat

This one is in BC

What kind of homes do the Westbank First Nations people live in on the reservation?

Gramma, ANYONE who doesn't want to get off their butt to swing a hammer or hold a paint brush or mow a lawn or pick up garbage will end up with the same scenario. Do you honestly think ANY effort was put into maintaining a decent home in any of those photos? Yup, must be the government's fault for not doing their yard work and upkeep.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ohgeeze »

I wonder what Chief Clarence Louie thinks about all this.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

this whole canadian cluster muck is like the biggest stinkiest onion ive ever had to peel.it keeps growing to .the layers are immense and the rot is deep.after watching the national firing line this seems more and more like a native struggle between more moderate and traditional natives.the idle no more is trying to encourage natives to take up their traditional steward of nature role.encouraging moderates not to be so consolatory.flash round dances and media awareness are good .tweeting is awesome .old school road blocks suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Nx4jUEZfc
i love the way all peoples join in
Peace be with you.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

gramma
how about you try posting current pixs of the chiefs homes acoss canada,they are doing just fine.its not the white mans fault
if the chiefs are ripping off there own people
Last edited by the truth on Jan 8th, 2013, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

kibbs wrote:this whole canadian cluster muck is like the biggest stinkiest onion ive ever had to peel.it keeps growing to .the layers are immense and the rot is deep.after watching the national firing line this seems more and more like a native struggle between more moderate and traditional natives.the idle no more is trying to encourage natives to take up their traditional steward of nature role.encouraging moderates not to be so consolatory.flash round dances and media awareness are good .tweeting is awesome .old school road blocks suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Nx4jUEZfc
i love the way all peoples join in

shopping in the white mans mall ,with the white mans money.i love how they wan to go back to the old days :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

grammafreddy wrote:
She doesn't even have signing authority on the band's accounts.

Link? My sources say otherwise.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”