Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by grammafreddy »

zzontar wrote:Welcome to the real world, what do the rest of Canadians and the rest of the world do when their houses (that they had to pay for) need repair?

Yeah, that's YOUR real world - which is far removed from THEIR real world of generations of government manipulation, lies, control and oppression.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

grammafreddy wrote:
Yeah, that's YOUR real world - which is far removed from THEIR real world of generations of government manipulation, lies, control and oppression.

Yes Gramma, I realize that for generations there have been many natives living in poverty because their native leaders are giving them manipulation, lies, control, and oppression while living in the lap of luxury, but it's time to move on.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

try reposting without personal attacks - Jennylives
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

grammafreddy wrote:Maybe that's because they never received it? Perhaps the government hadn't told them yet what to spend it on and how much of it on each thing?

If that were the case, then this would be a bigger cover-up than the sponsorship scandal. Did you read the article that ticat900 quoted?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 ... onday.html

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/20 ... 77171.html
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2189651632/

This video explains in part what the problems are with the modulars and how the money issues happen.

Sure, they got sent 22 modulars - in winter (trucked in over the ice roads) and unfinished on the inside.

The modulars came with no money attached for finishing them inside or for hooking up to services - or for the services themselves to be available.

They applied for those funds to get the homes finished for occupancy but the federal government was too slow in dealing with it.

The natives went ahead and started to get the work done because they were in an emergency situation and needed them finished.

The government refused to pay those bills because the natives did them without the government's "approval".

So all work on getting those homes finished just stopped. Now they are sitting going nowhere. They can't be lived in and they aren't being finished.

Government does not always tell the truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Harper and his crew are spinning half truths and covering their very large tushes. They did not do what's required and they are determined to cover up their end of what went wrong and the natives are taking the media brunt of the government's mishandling of the situation.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:Maybe that's because they never received it? Perhaps the government hadn't told them yet what to spend it on and how much of it on each thing?

Glacier wrote:If that were the case, then this would be a bigger cover-up than the sponsorship scandal. Did you read the article that ticat900 quoted?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 ... onday.html

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/20 ... 77171.html

Yes, I saw those. I still maintain the federal government is covering their tushes with half truths and spin doctoring. Have a look at the CBC video I posted ^^^, okay?

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

ticat900 wrote:after reading all Gramma freddys posts I have decided that there is no point in posting here because when posters are that ignorant and totall blind to reality its hard to argue with these types of people
I think most clear thinking canadians can see through the indians lieng and deceit and thievry

And can these "clear thinking canadians" also see through the various levels (federal, provincial and regional) of government "lieng and deceit and thievry"?

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:

zzontar wrote:Yes Gramma, I realize that for generations there have been many natives living in poverty because their native leaders are giving them manipulation, lies, control, and oppression while living in the lap of luxury, but it's time to move on.

Nice try - won't work. You knew which governments I was talking about.

And what of all the manipulation, lies, control, and oppression of the federal, provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments over all the years that keeps these people in poverty? That is what their real world consists of and what your real world cannot even begin to understand - especially since the governments have been painting the natives with a dirty brush all this time and feeding the non-native media and public the koolaid made from that dirty paint water.

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

grammafreddy wrote:
And what of all the manipulation, lies, control, and oppression of the federal, provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments over all the years that keeps these people in poverty?

Well, Gramma, I guess you have to pretend they're non-natives who are living in poverty, unemployed, and wanting more from the government, because we already know what you think of them.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

This land does NOT belong to them!!! It Belongs to ALL Canadians! Why do some people keep saying that it does? Is it because that’s what they want you to believe? Well then the marketing campaign must be working. Let’s get this straight...

1. These people's ancestors did not just appear in North America magically out of thin air one day 50,000 years ago. They came in waves across the land/ice bridge from Asia. What's more these waves in many case were not related groups of people. They came from various places around North Eastern Asia and were from different genetic strains....in other words the "natives of North America are not a homogenous group of people and more importantly.... They are immigrants too, like millions of immigrants today that make up Canada.2. The idea that the "natives" were peaceful caretakers of the land or benevolent tenants couldn't be further from the truth. The various tribes warred on each other constantly. They were violent. Want proof? Ask the Hurons...oh that's right you can't. The Iroquois wiped them out. How about slavery that was rife among the first nation tribes until the Europeans came over and freed the slaves and put an end to this "valued cultural tradition"? Is slavery peaceful and humane?

3. The idea that we "stole" this land from them is also ridiculous. A more technologically advanced and numerous culture invaded and conquered. This is exactly what has been happening since the dawn of humanity all around the globe. To say we "stole" their lands is just plain wrong. That is akin to saying the Saxons should return England to the Angles. Or maybe we should launch a campaign to have Roman descendants give Italy back to the Etruscans.

It is a nonsensical notion driven by the politically correct bleeding hearts, some intellectually deficient politicians, the Government, and it will continue to cost this country needless and wasted billions and billions until we get some backbone and turn off the taps.

Are these people in trouble? Yes.

Do they need help? Yes.

Are they responsible enough to look after themselves and efficiently spend the billions the tax payers give them? Certainly not.

The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals. They should be getting jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us because in reality, they are no more special than any of the other hundred or more cultures that call Canada home.

Turn off the taps. Do away with this "traditional use" and "cultural" nonsense. Educate their children to become modern citizens, instead of finding their identity and source of pride in some folks who occupied the land 15000 years ago. Let them stand or fall on their own account. Just like the rest of have to do!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

grammafreddy wrote:
Yes, I saw those. I still maintain the federal government is covering their tushes with half truths and spin doctoring. Have a look at the CBC video I posted ^^^, okay?

This is NOT a thread about the CBC, stay on topic please - Jennylives

Meanwhile, the $104 million of our tax dollars has gone up in smoke and not reached the people who really need it. I'm sure that more and more taxpayers are getting sick and tired of funding Spence's Cadillac Escalade. The corruption among Indian "government" is enough to make you toss your cookies.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:
And what of all the manipulation, lies, control, and oppression of the federal, provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments over all the years that keeps these people in poverty?

zzontar wrote:Well, Gramma, I guess you have to pretend they're non-natives who are living in poverty, unemployed, and wanting more from the government, because we already know what you think of them.

I don't have to "pretend" anything. I know there are native people on reserves who are in big trouble in more ways than one. I also know there are lots of non-native folks in society who are in trouble in more ways than one. I know the various levels of government are, in part, responsible for a lot of those troubles. And I also know the people themselves are responsible, too, in part.

The big difference is that with the non-natives, it was of their own choice through poor choices. However, the natives had no choice and all choices, historically, were removed from them through government manipulation and control, lies and deceipt.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

hat more and more taxpayers are getting sick and tired of funding Spence's Cadillac Escalade. The corruption among Indian "government" is enough to make you toss your cookies.

then don't look at what our government is doing you'll lose your whole lunch

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... /?page=all
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 7th, 2013, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

waterwings wrote:
The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals. They should be getting jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us because in reality, they are no more special than any of the other hundred or more cultures that call Canada home.

Turn off the taps. [b][color=#FF0000]Do away with this "traditional use" and "cultural" nonsense.

Interesting comment.

Does that opinion apply to ALL people in Canada or just the First Nations people?

Should we "do away" with Ukrainian painted eggs, burkas, green beer in March, haggis suppers for Robbie Burns Day, chop suey and sweet and sour pork amongst many other traditions and cultures, too?

Should we "turn off the taps" for all publicly funded multicultural events and meeting places?

Should we take all those multicultural children away from their parents, put them in special government/church residential schools and keep them there until they become "Canadians" while we force their parents to live on specific designated substandard land and housing, not speak their mother tongues, not gather for cultural celebrations so they can fit our mould and earn their kids back?

Define "bring them into society as equals" ... whose equals? Yours? Mine? None of us are "equals" now. Some cultures in Canada do a pretty good job of getting the Human Rights Commission to rule that they are "more special" than others are.

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

So GF is your solution to dump more of our tax money into reserves?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”