Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by kibbs »

when you dont know you dont know .any thing else is assumption.you could accuse her of having spent it on womd ,so why waste your time ,its unknown .if the unknown really scares you get your torch and pitch fork.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Libelle wrote:So if Ms.Spence's education level is at the university level or at the grade 12 level or if she did not finish high school, what does that have to do with all that money going astray?

If she is a thief, the only thing a good education would help, is her ability and understanding of the process in which will follow that will show what occurred with the money and possibly make her accountable.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

If the govt tells the bands on how to spend the money flowing into First Nations communities then why is there a need to have an investigation on where the money is going?
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

kibbs wrote:when you dont know you dont know .any thing else is assumption.you could accuse her of having spent it on womd ,so why waste your time ,its unknown .if the unknown really scares you get your torch and pitch fork.

Torch and pitch fork is not needed, but the cutting off the funding is if this mismanagement of funds continues. ALL money must be accounted for. It is easy to spend someone else's money when one did nothing more than being born a certain race to earn that money.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

I wonder if the people in the community that are living in deplorable houses are privity to these joke of so called financial reports done by their "chief".
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Libelle wrote:If the govt tells the bands on how to spend the money flowing into First Nations communities then why is there a need to have an investigation on where the money is going?

Do you believe that they were told to spend money on a Hockey arena when they were in need of money for a school, by any Government official?

Correct me if I'm wrong, although I believe they wanted a new school for their children.

Read on....because I think you are missing something! :dyinglaughing:

Hockey Rules In Attawapiskat. True Story.

August 17, 2012 By Wes Prankard

If you’ve been following Attawapiskat in the news, then you have probably heard or read Ezra Lavant talk about the hockey arena and the Zamboni.

Ezra Levant got two things right.

Two young boys walk past substandard housing on their way to play hockey in Attawapiskat, Ontario, December 17, 2011. (Frank Gunn/REUTERS

1: the awesome picture
2: the title of his article: “Hockey Rules in Attawapiskat”

Here’s what he said in the Toronto Sun last week:

“Except that, right in the middle of this so-called state of emergency, when people were in leaky houses and tents, the Attawapiskat Indian band — with three chiefs and 18 band councillors on the payroll — made an important financial decision.

They needed a new ice resurfacer for their hockey rink.

They haven’t rebuilt their school up there, since it was torn down because of diesel fumes. They’re living in shacks. (Well, not the chief, of course.)
But forget about such trivial problems. These clowns needed a new ice resurfacer.

You can see a copy of the invoice for it on this page: $96,089 for an Olympia model ice resurfacer.”

The picture he used for the article shows two kids with hockey sticks walking past some homes in pretty bad shape on their way to the arena.

http://northernstarfish.org/tag/attawap ... emergency/
Attachments
1344635776417_ORIGINAL.jpg
Last edited by Ken7 on Jan 10th, 2013, 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You can see a copy of the invoice for it on this page: $96,089 for an Olympia model ice resurfacer.”

you see it as an arena to play hockey.,to a communal community .this is their long house and where the real education would take place.their not bad mkay they are just different.
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:If the govt tells the bands on how to spend the money flowing into First Nations communities then why is there a need to have an investigation on where the money is going?

Good question. Unless there's two sets of cooked books - the band's and the government's. Kickbacks, blackmail ... who knows?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Who needs cooked books when you can pay somebody $1.7M without explaining who it is and what is the purpose of the payment. Or file $20,000 under "Misc. expenses".
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ken7 wrote:
Do you believe that they were told to spend money on a Hockey arena when they were in need of money for a school, by any Government official?

Correct me if I'm wrong, although I believe they wanted a new school for their children.

Read on....because I think you are missing something! :dyinglaughing:

They have been asking for a school. Repeatedly. The government did not allocate money for a new school for them. I read in one article a while ago that the kids wear their parkas, mitts and boots in whatever they are using for a school now because it is so cold in there.

I don't know how the timeline for the school or the arena fit together. They may not have been on the agenda at the same time.

They also asked for repairs to their existing homes but the government saw fit to buy 22 new modulars - but didn't allocate the funding for putting the doublewides together or for finishing them off inside so they could be lived in.

Their financial statement that I looked at had some pretty substantial CMHC debt - and some massive debt servicing costs.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:Who needs cooked books when you can pay somebody $1.7M without explaining who it is and what is the purpose of the payment. Or file $20,000 under "Misc. expenses".

What year was that?

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

grammafreddy wrote:What year was that?

The year when a lot of money was stolen, apparently.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Apparently. :127:

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think you missed it GF.

Yes they needed a school in the article it states and I do believe Counsel decided to build a hockey rink instead of the school which was knocked down due to diesel odors.

You'll have to read the link.....

Spell School with a "F" in it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

So you are saying the community built an arena with the money they raised themselves especially to build one but are you suggesting that money should have gone to building a school instead?

Do parents down here fundraise to build schools for their kids? Why should native communities have to raise funds to build their schools?

Hell, they even expect government to build the arenas down here - they wouldn't have bingos and hot dog sales to build it themselves.

Return to “Canada”