Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by kibbs »

There is not one Adult Indian in Canada that will ever get sympathy or tears from me NEVER

not to worry i dont think you will ever be fortunate enough to meet one.the big problem is chief spence has drawn the media away and given people the perception that all native bands are run poorly .look in our own back yard .chief louis is providing dental care to all members .i wish we had that.the problem with her band is the location .it is very problematic.the true struggle is the changing of territory definition to allow for easier energy passage.idle no more is fighting for a better canada for all of us.thank you to my native brothers.you will always be the true stewards and caretakers of this land.
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 6th, 2013, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

not to worry i dont think you will ever be fortunate enough to meet one.the big problem is chief spence has drawn the media away and given people the perception that all native bands are run poorly .look in our own back yard .chief louis is providing dental care to all members .i wish we had that.the problem with her band is the location .it is very problematic.the true struggle is the changing of territory definition to allow for easier energy passage.idle no more is fighting for a better canada for all of us.[/quote]

why would it be fortunate for me to meet one? as far as Idle no more fighting for a better canada for all of us??
what a "REDICULOUS" self serving statement
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

? as far as Idle no more fighting for a better canada for all of us??

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... e-faq.html

heres some learnin for ya

and as why would you be fortunate to meet some one who is native? because like us they are mostly good people.If you actually met one you might see them as human beings and feel sympathy.
Peace be with you.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

and as why would you be fortunate to meet some one who is native? because like us they are mostly good people.If you actually met one you might see them as human beings and feel sympathy.[/quote]
sympathy? for what reason? I play golf with a indian and he hardly needs sympathy?
The Idle no more movement is just another anoyance no one needs and an example of reverse discrimination because If i tryed to pull the stunts these thugs have done i would be behind bars
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:If you actually met one you might see them as human beings and feel sympathy.

If you mean having sympathy for what happened in the past, I could relate, but this is the present, and when I see how much money is handed to them and the breaks they get, I'm thinking they should be the ones having sympathy. Perhaps Harper should take a long look at the situation and stop throwing away taxpayer's money, or as an experiment, give a group of white people the same amount of money and breaks and see if it is actually possible to live on that kind of money without having to live in a tent.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:
.look in our own back yard .chief louis is providing dental care to all members .i wish we had that.

Hmmmmm, so dental care, fillings, caps, etc. are products of non-natives, and the non-natives provided the financing for them to have free dental care, yet non-natives don't get the same opportunity. That's fair.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Have any of you considered that the money Harper is talking about re Attawapiskat includes since he first came into office? Also, consider that he is talking about all money received (on reserves it is strictly federal funding). What if we did the same thing for each of us who are not First Nations...add every subsidized dollar we receive through municipal, provincial and federal governments via education, healthcare, social assistance, public pensions, etc transfers, and then multiply that by 7 or 8 years. Don't you think our costs would be just as high?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

The last few posts are exactly the reason nothing is ever going to be solved. Does anyone here actually honestly believe that Harper is going to fight Spence on this? That he is actually going to point out in public a governments greed and mismanagement of allocated funds? The best place to hide an issue is to have it wide open disguised as another one. The reason people are living in tents, don't have a school to go to is because the people that need the help and money aren't getting it. Of course when the non native's own government practices willful glutonous spending and leads their people as sheep and not enough trickles down to those for whatever reason are the poorest, the oldest, the sickest and most vulnerable why should we care?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

zookeeper wrote: The reason people are living in tents, don't have a school to go to is because the people that need the help and money aren't getting it.

After hearing my whole life how they are so upset that they can't live in their traditional ways, perhaps this is the opportunity to go back to them, which would include no schools, no money, and living in a tent. (teepee)
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

zzontar wrote:
After hearing my whole life how they are so upset that they can't live in their traditional ways, perhaps this is the opportunity to go back to them, which would include no schools, no money, and living in a tent. (teepee)

I'll agree to that as long as Spence and her over paid council does too. Some of the elders and youngsters on these forsaken reserves don't know any better, many of them have not even seen "our world". This is where the shame should not lie on a whole race of people but on the very governments that have been elected to serve and protect them and failed to do so while they fight to see who's lardy backside needs more protection.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

yet non-natives don't get the same opportunity.

that is what there government is doing with their money .it didnt all come from tax payers
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

After hearing my whole life how they are so upset that they can't live in their traditional ways, perhaps this is the opportunity to go back to them, which would include no schools, no money, and living in a tent. (teepee

and to hunt and fish anywhere .to build communal communities .to educate their kids with what they believe is important.to be self sustaining with nature.do really believe white ways are so much better?
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:
and to hunt and fish anywhere .to build communal communities .to educate their kids with what they believe is important.to be self sustaining with nature.do really believe white ways are so much better?

I didn't say they were, but as they have the opportunity to do that, why would they need any money at all?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I didn't say they were, but as they have the opportunity to do that, why would they need any money at all?

because they need the whole country back to do it .were in the way just payin rent,cheap rent.
heres some more learnin

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editoria ... nal-people
Peace be with you.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

LOOK the point is and everyone with a brain knows this.The indians are well taken care of by tax payers dollars
the problem is the indians for the most part have no clue how to take care of themselves.
NOT my problem and iam sick of these protest,s and blockades because people are so stupid they cant find their own way in life Like my father did and like i did and like my kids are doing.

I feel as I owe the indians "NOTHING" and I mean "NOTHING"

Return to “Canada”