Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Theres your money in generation s of studies by Indian affairs,maybe they changed the name but that's all .they do nothing to act on recommendations.
Peace be with you.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

grammafreddy wrote:Harper said Attawapiskat got $90 million, where did it all go!?

http://apihtawikosisan.com/2011/11/30/d ... awapiskat/

At one point in that link I read that the band leaders had discretion as to where to spend$$
That's fine and dandy but don't complain then... when the money was not spent on basics(housing etc.)
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:sunshine: Then do not complain you dont have enough money for homes because you spent 20 million to cndos in toronto ,what a crcok. :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter: :trippyquoter:
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:
I once met a man who said " we should have killed them all when we had the chance ". Is that you ?What do you mean by conquer ? Put them in reserves ? Put them in residential schools ? Put them in jail ? Throw them in the city and assimilate. Wouldn't that eradicate their race like Graham suggested, albeit slowly ?
Why so much anger ?
If you are worried about your taxes ( it's not like you single handedly pay for it all ) I would love to hear what you have to say about Harper and company.

No, that was not me who suggested we should have killed them. You ought to read a history book smoke. Many countries have been conquered and in fact very few have not. Here's a brief list of conquered countries, or nations.

The mongrels conquered Russia and China
Ottoman Turks conquered Saudi Arabia
Japan was conquered, briefly, by the USA
Turkey was conquered by the Romans
The British conquered Austalian aboriginals
Afghanistan was conquered by Alexander the Great

I could go on and on but last time I checked there were still Russians, Chinese, Saudi Arabians, Japanese, Turks, Auatralian aboriginals and Afghans. So, no, it would not eradicate their race, not even slowly. Further, I am not angry and I even posted that GA made some points worth considering and that I would in fact consider them. Perhaps you ought to pick up a book or something.
My mind is opening, albeit slowly. That's the best I can offer for now.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

wolfen_one wrote:At one point in that link I read that the band leaders had discretion as to where to spend$$
That's fine and dandy but don't complain then... when the money was not spent on basics(housing etc.)
albertabound wrote:Then do not complain you dont have enough money for homes because you spent 20 million to cndos in toronto ,what a crcok.

The problem is that money has been handed over to people that do not have the education or appropriate direction to deal with those funds effectively.
In other cases, the money is handed over to people that know exactly what they are doing with it, and care very little for the plight of the people it was intended for.

In either case, the ones losing out are the ones that need the help up.
Kicking them while they are still down, or before they've ever had the opportunity to be up will serve no purpose in the direction of finding balance.

We need to listen through a lot of B.S. from First Nations covering their flattened buttocks as well as non-natives doing the same...covering their over-stuffed cushions.
It's the wisdom required to be able to look past what offends your immediate vision, and be proactive toward finding solutions that can prosper and stick in the nearest future we can squeeze that is sorely lacking.

It's going to take patience, commitment and a whole lot of open heart surgery.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

Graham , I agree with you and was trying in my way to state what you expanded on.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Graham Adder wrote:The problem is that money has been handed over to people that do not have the education or appropriate direction to deal with those funds effectively.
In other cases, the money is handed over to people that know exactly what they are doing with it, and care very little for the plight of the people it was intended for.

Aren't these people the elected Chiefs? The same ones doing all the negotiating on Native issues and the ones GF says are the only ones any one should listen to when it comes to "truth" about native issues?
Should these people really be trusted by their "brothers" to negotiate what is best, or even appropriate, for all natives?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

cv23 wrote:Aren't these people the elected Chiefs? The same ones doing all the negotiating on Native issues and the ones GF says are the only ones any one should listen to when it comes to "truth" about native issues?
Should these people really be trusted by their "brothers" to negotiate what is best, or even appropriate, for all natives?

I did NOT say that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I see some are finally agreeing with me,,, teach them to work for themselves,,, we'd still be paying them but their homes could be maintained, they could have some kind of proper sewage system. A dump yard off from the housing area could be maintained for all that crap In the back lane of the houses,,, there is no reason our tax dollars aren't working for them if they were taught how to care for themselves and even paid by us to do so. This would not be happening and everyone employed to take care of their own little town would have pride in what they do and live for.
They wouldn't even have to work for white man if that's a problem, would be on their own turf but our tax dollars would be at work rather then paying them to wait for others to come in and fix things... Imagine the turn around,,, would be no Spence saying we are suffering.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

grammafreddy wrote:
I did NOT say that.

Well you told us that no individual native has a right to say how natives should live their lives so that must mean then that only the elected Chiefs have the right to speak on behalf of First nations peoples or did you have some other group in mind to be native spokepeople?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Maybe you should do your own research ... or start back at the beginning of this thread.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I see some are finally agreeing with me,,, teach them to work for themselves,,

I think everyone wants first nations to be self sufficient.I don't want their culture lost in the process.Dan George s dream was for the youth to rise up and use the white mans tools and skills to stand side by side with us in parliament.With their beliefs and memories Incorporated into our society.He wanted them to close the reserve doors and take their place in all of Canada again with their culture intact strengthened by taking the best of our culture with it.That starts by accepting them as a nation within our nation and taking the best their culture has to offer into ours. Tee pees are cool .go inside one sometime.Doing more for the caring of the environment is a good philosophy to.
Peace be with you.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

kibbs wrote:He wanted them to close the reserve doors and take their place in all of Canada again with their culture intact strengthened by taking the best of our culture with it.That starts by accepting them as a nation within our nation and taking the best their culture has to offer into ours.

How about we set up a special subnation for the Japanese Canadians too? And one for the Chinese Canadians, one for the Indo Canadians and so on and so on.
You can not have a "nation within a nation". That would mean treating some citizens differently and giving them different rights and privileges and in this case you want to do so based only on their race. That is racism.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You can not have a "nation within a nation". That would mean treating some citizens differently and giving them different rights and privileges and in this case you want to do so based only on their race. That is racism.

Like the french it only recognizes an existing reality .It shows respect and promotes peaceful negotiation
Peace be with you.

Return to “Canada”