Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by kibbs »

the indians for the most part have no clue how to take care of themselves.

some are having problems and are asking our great and wise leader steve for help.all the rest is to protect the land for everyone ,they are just creating awareness not asking for anything but our support .they got mine, my kids will grow up in canada to.i trust the way they looked after canada for thousands of years compared to our past 300.
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 6th, 2013, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

coffeeFreak wrote:Have any of you considered that the money Harper is talking about re Attawapiskat includes since he first came into office? Also, consider that he is talking about all money received (on reserves it is strictly federal funding). What if we did the same thing for each of us who are not First Nations...add every subsidized dollar we receive through municipal, provincial and federal governments via education, healthcare, social assistance, public pensions, etc transfers, and then multiply that by 7 or 8 years. Don't you think our costs would be just as high?

:rate10:

By far the best post I have seen yet on Castanet.

You oh so priviledged money-suckers ... with your oh so special social programs for every conceivable thing just don't get it, do you? Subsidized child care, subsidized sports programs, subsidized meal programs in schools, energy credits, "green initiative" grants, tax breaks for group sports, tax breaks for arts and cultural classes, homeowner grants and on and on ....

You stand up and yowl like tomcats when you decide you want something funded by governments but if the FN people do it you spit on them. When governments break their word to you, you bellyache and bi!ch and go out on strike, but when governments break their word to the FN people, you say they deserve nothing. You disgust me.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

ticat900 wrote:LOOK the point is and everyone with a brain knows this.The indians are well taken care of by tax payers dollars
the problem is the indians for the most part have no clue how to take care of themselves.
NOT my problem and iam sick of these protest,s and blockades because people are so stupid they cant find their own way in life Like my father did and like i did and like my kids are doing.

I feel as I owe the indians "NOTHING" and I mean "NOTHING"

Bulltweet. Give every penny back that you ever got from governments over the years then. Every subsidy, every grant, every tax break, every everything. Tell your father and your kids to do the same.

If you owe the indians NOTHING, then you also should receive NOTHING from any other taxpayer.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

I know a grandmother who lives in Flin Flon. She is white! All white! She remembers her father abusing her physically, mentally and emtionally and when her father was FINALLY forced to address his actions his answer was: "I didn't know it was wrong my father did the same thing to my sisters". My friend "the grandmother" has spent her life learning lesson after lesson after lesson as she brought her famly out of that cycle and I know it wasn't easy because my brother lived next door to her and watched. He tired to get help for the family and they tried to escape her father (until the police finally HAD to step in) and there was no federal funds, no municipal funds, no school funds, no counselling nothing, zip, zada. She worked 3 jobs to feed and clothe her family and bought wood from my brother to heat their cabin.

Now I am not saying that she went through what natives has gone through however, I find many parallels and it was her own blood abusing her and her family.That family found forgiveness and moved on. One of her sons was a counsellor in a Manitoba town. ONe of her daughters teaches at a deaf school and another daughter works in the clohting industry in New York and they did it without funds from any taxpayer.

Yup, the natives will say different station but guess what same scars but the results are certainly different. It is time for natives to look to themselves to move forward on move on with insight into the past that enables them to stop looking for handouts and look for acutal healing as many pioneers had to do as they moved into this country and provinces. Does every single native believe they were the only group of people with a different belief set in this world.

Idle no more means just what it says. Do the work and you will grow.
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

waterwings wrote:I know a grandmother who lives in Flin Flon. She is white! All white! She remembers her father abusing her physically, mental, sexually and emtionally and when her father was FINALLY forced to address his actions his answer was: "I didn't know it was wrong my father did the same thing to my sisters". My friend "the grandmother" has spent her life learning lesson after lesson after lesson as she brought her famly out of that cycle and I know it wasn't easy because my brother lived next door to her and watched. He tired to get help for the family and they tried to escape her father (until the police finally HAD to step in) and there was no federal funds, no municipal funds, no school funds, no counselling nothing, zip, zada. She worked 3 jobs to feed and clothe her family and bought wood from my brother to heat their cabin.

Now I am not saying that she went through what natives has gone through however, I find many parallels and it was her own blood abusing her and her family.That family found forgiveness and moved on. One of her sons was a counsellor in a Manitoba town. ONe of her daughters teaches at a deaf school and another daughter works in the clohting industry in New York and they did it without funds from any taxpayer.

Yup, the natives will say different station but guess what same scars but the results are certainly different. It is time for natives to look to themselves to move forward on move on with insight into the past that enables them to stop looking for handouts and look for acutal healing as many pioneers had to do as they moved into this country and provinces. Does every single native believe they were the only group of people with a different belief set in this world.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

group of people with a different belief set in this world.

i think it is white culture that predominately believes this, white is not always right
Peace be with you.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

Bulltweet. Give every penny back that you ever got from governments over the years then. Every subsidy, every grant, every tax break, every everything. Tell your father and your kids to do the same.

If you owe the indians NOTHING, then you also should receive NOTHING from any other taxpayer.[/quote]

I think your a tick on the demented side my friend
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

ticat900 wrote:
I think your a tick on the demented side my friend

Of course you do. You're special. You deserve everything you have ever taken from governments.

And I am not your friend.

waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

[quote="kibbs"] white is not always right" I don't think I said that anyone was right see the following [quote="waterwings"]and there was no federal funds, no municipal funds, no school funds, no counselling nothing, zip, zada. She worked 3 jobs to feed and clothe her family and bought wood from my brother to heat their cabin. /quote]

I think I said "people have to help themselves whether they are black, red, white, yellow or have blue pollka dots.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ticat900 wrote:LOOK the point is and everyone with a brain knows this.The indians are well taken care of by tax payers dollars
the problem is the indians for the most part have no clue how to take care of themselves.
NOT my problem and iam sick of these protest,s and blockades because people are so stupid they cant find their own way in life Like my father did and like i did and like my kids are doing.

I feel as I owe the indians "NOTHING" and I mean "NOTHING"

correct on all counts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

waterwings wrote:I know a grandmother who lives in Flin Flon. She is white! All white! She remembers her father abusing her physically, mentally and emtionally and when her father was FINALLY forced to address his actions his answer was: "I didn't know it was wrong my father did the same thing to my sisters". My friend "the grandmother" has spent her life learning lesson after lesson after lesson as she brought her famly out of that cycle and I know it wasn't easy because my brother lived next door to her and watched. He tired to get help for the family and they tried to escape her father (until the police finally HAD to step in) and there was no federal funds, no municipal funds, no school funds, no counselling nothing, zip, zada. She worked 3 jobs to feed and clothe her family and bought wood from my brother to heat their cabin.

native people are not the only people to be raped by the church, the irish and scottish got it long before the natives
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

What ever happened to 'rights of the conqueror'? Perhaps we should hand everything to the Vikings. Enough already! Natives were conquered, so why are we feeding and housing them in perpetuity?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

j watson wrote:What ever happened to 'rights of the conqueror'? Perhaps we should hand everything to the Vikings. Enough already! Natives were conquered, so why are we feeding and housing them in perpetuity?

correct ,why the hell are goverment is still giving $$$$$billions after all this time is INSANE
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

j watson wrote:What ever happened to 'rights of the conqueror'? Perhaps we should hand everything to the Vikings. Enough already! Natives were conquered, so why are we feeding and housing them in perpetuity?

Obviously you don't know your history j watson...
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

For all of you who seem to know so much about Aboriginal issues, I suggest you watch all four of these shows. The reality is Aboriginal people are not going away regardless of all the whining.

I am sure most of you who want to hold onto your biased and misinformed beliefs won't take the time to watch this, but if even one of you does, it will have been worth posting.

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/8thfire/

Return to “Canada”