Walks on Forum Water

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by zookeeper »

removed - Jennylives
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Regardless, it will be billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars just to support people who say their ancestors were here first, even though they're all wrong.

ETA This happens NOWHERE else in the whole world, what we need to do is get a government with the balls to to introduce equality, not keep adding billions to our debt because they're scared to seem politically incorrect.
Last edited by zzontar on Feb 4th, 2013, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

The decision to add 600,000 people to the Indian register, and flinging around a few million for clean water (an amount almost equal to what the Walkertin (population appr. 4000) fiasco alone cost to fix), came about the same time Spence went on her diet which came about the same time INM started protests about bill c-45 which is about the time Enbridge hearings were closed to the public which came about the same time everyone got dizzy because there was so much crap flinging no one knew where to look. Am I the only one that recognizes a smoke screen when I see one?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Smokescreen is right, Canadians were in an uproar over the billion spent for gun registry which will be a drop in the bucket compared to this, no wonder our spineless government decided to slip it under the door when no one was watching.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Take money out of the equation and take a look at what else the government is trying to slip under the door, all the doors mind you, not just the one that flares you up.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

removed - Jennylives
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Doesn't take much to knot knickers around here, does it?

The people living off-reserve don't get the funding and freebies that people living on-reserve do. Since metis and most non-status Indians don't live on the reserves, they won't be eligible for the same funding. That's the way I understand this, anyway. I could be wrong, though. I haven't researched this too deeply yet.

Even full status natives living off the reserves don't get that funding for housing and all.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

They argued they are entitled to some or all of the same rights and benefits as on-reserve First Nations members.

They say that includes access to the same health, education and other benefits Ottawa gives status Indians; being able to hunt, trap, fish and gather on public land; and the ability to negotiate and enter into agreements with the federal government.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Just because they argued it doesn't mean it's going to make it so. I can not provide a link, I heard this at a lecture, 5000 aboriginals were denied post secondary funding last year. In the McIvor decision, 46,000 people were given status yet the government did not increase funds to the bands to which these people became members. Then lets go back to bands like Attawapiskat, does the money actually go to the people who need it? Then, before the OMG let's cut them all off crowd comes out, again how is a single Canadian going to benefit from this money we plan to take from the Indians cuz we're all so sick and tired of the waste? Does anyone here actually believe we are going to see a dime of it as taxpayers? lol
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

zookeeper wrote:Take money out of the equation and take a look at what else the government is trying to slip under the door, all the doors mind you, not just the one that flares you up.

I didn't like the way Harper was setting it up to slip environmental decisions under the door before INM.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39652 or check out my links on the first page here: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=44177&p=1330817&hilit=environmental+scientists+protest#p1330817 It's best to stop it in it's infancy than to wait until it's in your backyard, where were the protests then?

I didn't even agree with environmental decisions the natives were okay with:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=45971

nor do I agree with what they could be slipping in beneath us:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42563

These are more C-45 INM things, but believe me when I say I'm not a fan of Harper's methods in the slightest.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

by zzontar » 23 minutes ago

They argued they are entitled to some or all of the same rights and benefits as on-reserve First Nations members.

They say that includes access to the same health, education and other benefits Ottawa gives status Indians; being able to hunt, trap, fish and gather on public land; and the ability to negotiate and enter into agreements with the federal government.

So now we will have more First responders to all questions and decisions that really matter to all Canadians as a whole. Wonder what those who had that position to themselves will think of sharing that space with the new entries.

We should all be one country and share in the decisions fairly and squarely,,, vote as the rest do. Equality for all, once and for all. Next thing we know people moving here from other countries will be a separate group of voters and decision makers and we will be nothing more then the minority as we are on our way already. Seems already it's nothing if you were born here even tho your grandparents and parents put into this country. I vote we create a minorities group of decision makers and funds receivers just because we are the minority :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

zzontar wrote:They argued they are entitled to some or all of the same rights and benefits as on-reserve First Nations members.

Interesting. Thanks.

Maybe that will be the kick in the pants that Harper needs to finally do something about the recommendations in the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples Report http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/weba ... gmm_e.html . He has been working really hard at ignoring it and even working counter to it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

zookeeper wrote:Just because they argued it doesn't mean it's going to make it so. I can not provide a link, I heard this at a lecture, 5000 aboriginals were denied post secondary funding last year. In the McIvor decision, 46,000 people were given status yet the government did not increase funds to the bands to which these people became members. Then lets go back to bands like Attawapiskat, does the money actually go to the people who need it? Then, before the OMG let's cut them all off crowd comes out, again how is a single Canadian going to benefit from this money we plan to take from the Indians cuz we're all so sick and tired of the waste? Does anyone here actually believe we are going to see a dime of it as taxpayers? lol

Is it about taking it away or is it about lessening the administrations of these small communities to what's needed and placing more of that money toasted education and encouraging them to take up an education s they can get out of their little communities and explore the rest of Canada? And yes we would save money, would we get any of it? Not directly but couldn't it go to help All families and maybe our seniors? If we cared about our citizens as a country and our starving as a country and kept money in our own country we could put an end to poverty here or get a handle on it so the starving, seniors and disabled were taken care of first, those who really can't work and make a living for themselves and let's help people get on their feet.
As it is we are doling out cash as if we were a rich country to certain groups and other countries. Don't people think we should care for All of our own people? It's time we realize this is Canada now and has been a long time and it's not a bunch of separate groups of separate rights and special packages.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

removed - Jennylives
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

grammafreddy wrote:
Each Indian nation is different from other nations. Cree people are different than Haida people - different language, different traditions, different tipis, different clothing and moccasin styles. The Cree do not tell the Haida how to live and this guy Sowan has no right to tell other Indian people how they should live. It is fine for him to do what he feels is right for him - but to say that ALL native people should adopt the ways he has is just wrong and will never be accepted by other nations or even any other Indian if that's not what they feel is best for them.

No chief can speak for another, either. That's why there is not just one all-powerful chief. Each nation has their own "government" which is like each is their own country. That's why they are called Nations and why treaties had to be signed with individual nations and chiefs.

So we should only listen to what our government officials have to say? Abolish the Charter. That would mean that you GF have no right to tell any other Canadian how to live their life. "It is fine for GF to do what she feels is right for her - but to say that ALL Canadians should adopt the ways she has is just wrong and will never be accepted by other Canadian or even any other human if that's not what they feel is best for them."
Or is it only the native people who's rights under the Charter of freedom of thought, freedom of belief, freedom of expression should be ignored?
As a full status native Mr Sowan has far right to express his opinon to how native people should or shouldn't act, far more of a right than you or I ever will.

Return to “Canada”