Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by Bsuds »

Apparently now she is refusing to meet Harper unless the Governor General is there as well. I don't think she really wants to meet with anyone, she is just looking to take the focus away from her mismanagement.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:GF: if maybe just maybe they sold some of their $90,000,000 in stocks those homes could be up in running or not spend taxpayer money on frivolous and not accounted for items and services. The books and the lack tree of speak for themselves. Let the govt address the treaties but at the same time address the books. It is a two way street.

That's the second time you mentioned this $90,000,000 in stocks and I asked you for a link about it. Wouldn't happen to want to provide a link now, would you?

Unfortunately, the books and lack of (whatever "tree") don't just speak for themselves - because the auditors couldn't make them jive. When the government controls the money, there is also the government's side that should come under inspection as well.

And ..................

Just to really muddy the waters here ...

The chief is quite within her rights to want to deal with the Queen's representative in Canada because it was with the Queen (crown) that the treaties were originally agreed upon and signed. Harper is not the Queen's representative in Canada. I don't know why she thought she should have a meeting with Harper in the first place unless there are some other treaties that were signed with the Canadian government.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:She may have the title of Chief Spence but she is far from being a Chief. A Chief looks out for his/her people something that she has failed to do and does not deserve such a title. I will not refer to her as Chief Spence as she is not a true Chief to her people and should be stripped from holding such a title.

Yeah, well, her people decided she is their chief and I doubt your opinion matters too much with them. I wonder how you equate what other "chiefs" (native or otherwise) do to their people every day on all kinds of issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Ugh.

$299,000 of "advances" to band officers and employees, of which $272,000 is reserved as doubtful accounts (per 2011 balance sheet). That leaves a net receivable of $17,000.

Brutal. How many Cadillacs were bought with those "advances" that are now deemed uncollectible to band officers, of which Spence is one?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Chief Louis has done many wonderful things for his people and there is no diamond mine on his people's land. I was wrong it is 9,000,000 not $90,000,000. Big difference yes, but 9,000,000 would go a long way in repairs.

http://webgw8.mobile.bf1.yahoo.com/w/le ... Lq9jGpXVaN
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

grammafreddy wrote:
Unfortunately, the books and lack of (whatever "tree") don't just speak for themselves - because the auditors couldn't make them jive. When the government controls the money, there is also the government's side that should come under inspection as well.

You keep saying it like the government runs all the money for them. They don't. They had 34 million in 2011 as income on the financials, some of which was government funding. They need to find where it all went, why are you so focused on only "some of it", or do you just want to create some boogyman instead of finding where the money went?

And I don't feel she has the right to back out. She said hunger strike to see Stephen Harper, now when she gets her meeting she changes her requirements. Lots of noise and no substance here, her bluff was called so she up'd the ante to try to regain the pity movement.

Enron was a company where the people at the top responsible stole or allowed to be stolen everything and lied about it to the detriment and loss of everyone that they were accountable for. This is not looking much different, and to me is a failure at all levels not just the ones I want to feel morally superior for condemning.
Last edited by Veovis on Jan 9th, 2013, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Rwede wrote:Ugh.

$299,000 of "advances" to band officers and employees, of which $272,000 is reserved as doubtful accounts (per 2011 balance sheet). That leaves a net receivable of $17,000.

Brutal. How many Cadillacs were bought with those "advances" that are now deemed uncollectible to band officers, of which Spence is one?

How many of those "advances" may have been because the government was too slow in paying out funds?

You condemn without knowing any details or having any knowledge of what may or may not have transpired.

How many of the band members (not chiefs and not staff) also drive Cadillacs or the equivalent?

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

I'm sure Spence will be glad to know you've got her on a pedestal and the mismanagement of funds falls on the shoulders of the federal government.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

You do understand what that meant don't you GF? You keep condemning the government without anymore knowledge than what he used.

It means 299,000 was provided to people in good faith to receive either repayment or services in return, but then wrote off 91% of it as a bad debt expense.

Which means someone(s) took 272,000.00 and did not one little thing to earn or deserve it with nothing provided to the band or it's members.

That is a fiscal blunder on it's own that someone should lose a job over, let alone keep doing the same thing. It was a way to flush money though. I'd like to know who to?
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Veovis wrote:You do understand what that meant don't you GF? You keep condemning the government without anymore knowledge than what he used.

It means 299,000 was provided to people in good faith to receive either repayment or services in return, but then wrote off 91% of it as a bad debt expense.

Which means someone(s) took 272,000.00 and did not one little thing to earn or deserve it with nothing provided to the band or it's members.

That is a fiscal blunder on it's own that someone should lose a job over, let alone keep doing the same thing. It was a way to flush money though. I'd like to know who to?

I woud like to knw who as well. But maybe we should not inquire as it may drive that person to go on a solid food strike, like Ms. Spence.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:Chief Louis has done many wonderful things for his people and there is no diamond mine on his people's land. I was wrong it is 9,000,000 not $90,000,000. Big difference yes, but 9,000,000 would go a long way in repairs.

http://webgw8.mobile.bf1.yahoo.com/w/le ... Lq9jGpXVaN

Chief Louie has done wonderful things - using taxpayer money and concessions and subsidies from government at all levels to do it. He also does not live on a reservation in such harsh conditions. Perhaps you think the Attawapiskat should plant vineyards, start wineries and build condos and subdivisions and hotels?

You and Ezra seem to think the Attawapiskat have the control of that $9,000,000 stock portfolio. I don't know that it actually exists or, if it in fact does exist, who has control of it. I also don't know if it is in a convertable to cash form. Do you? Does Ezra? Or is he just sensationalizing again? Before I spouted off about it and made assumptions about it, I might think to look into it a bit more - which, of course, Ezra has not done. He gets more out of not doing the pertinent research. Quite frankly, I really don't think he cares two hoots for the native people. He's just a journalist milking a story for all he can get out of it. He should work for the Star or the Enquirer. That's how they operate.

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

grammafreddy wrote:
How many of those "advances" may have been because the government was too slow in paying out funds?

You condemn without knowing any details or having any knowledge of what may or may not have transpired.

None. In order to advance the monies, the band had to have had the funds.

You commend without a rudimentary grasp of financial statements.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

removed - Jennylives
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

If the govt has such control over how this band spends their money then why are there so many holes in their fininacial record books?
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

A story you say GF. The spending spread sheets speak for themselves. You can not manipulate those spread sheets.

Return to “Canada”