Amber Alert for a pregnant 14-year-old

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Amber Alert for a pregnant 14-year-old

Post by grammafreddy »

Queen K wrote:It's called PARENTING folks.

It's called "Life on the Rez", too.

And that's not racist - it's realistic and its the way things are for many native youth.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rwede wrote:So when are the statutory rape charges going to be filed?

My thoughts also, age 13 yrs,.. cant consent.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"grammafreddy"

And that's not racist - it's realistic and its the way things are for many native youth.

I must ask you, why is that? You seem to have knowledge...about the natives.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

"grammafreddy"

Ken7 wrote:I must ask you, why is that? You seem to have knowledge...about the natives.

Why is what? Why is that "life on the Rez"? or Why do I have knowledge about the natives?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"grammafreddy"

I must ask you, why is that? You seem to have knowledge...about the natives.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

By having the last name of Mosquito and living in Saskatchewan, does that make one automatically native? And are all people named Hanson automatically non-natives?

I've never been to SA. so I have to ask.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

News report (Amber Alert) stated she was an aboriginal girl and that the boy was non-aboriginal.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And is Maple Creek a "Rez"?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I don't have personal knowledge of that area, but I would guess given the aboriginal population in Saskatchewan that there is a reservation in the vicinity. Doesn't mean the family lived there. I don't recall that being mentioned in the news stories.
Whether the family lived on the "rez" or not, there are a myriad of possible reasons, some more complex than others, why this girl is pregnant at age 13...besides the obvious one, or course.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To me it's no more complex than lack of proper parenting supervision. Who let's their thirteen year old "date" a sixteen year old for an entire freaking year? And where were his parents? Oh ya we saw that his mom thinks the boy had a perfectly logical explanation to go to a house an forcibly remove his underage girlfriend.

I'll bet the RCMP have a great story now.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Indeed that's possible. But it is the "whys" of the lack of parenting supervision that may provide insight into this situation.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Charges have been laid against the boy AND his mother ...

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/858 ... -sent-away

Suspect in Amber Alert sent away
by The Canadian Press - Story: 85859
Jan 14, 2013 / 2:37 pm

A 16-year-old boy has been sent to a youth home until his next court date in the alleged abduction of his 14-year-old pregnant girlfriend who was the subject of an Amber Alert in Saskatchewan last week.

The youth appeared in court in Swift Current where his case was put over.

He is not allowed to leave the Rock Solid Refuge facility in Shaunavon, Sask., unless he is with a youth home worker.

The teen -- along with another teen -- is charged with abduction of a person under 16 years of age, breaking and entering and disguise with intent.

One of them is also charged with possession of a weapon dangerous to the public.

The boy's mother is charged with abduction of a person under 16 years of age and obstruction of a police officer.

All three accused are to next appear in court in Maple Creek, Sask., on Feb. 14.

The Youth Criminal Justice Act prohibits naming underage suspects or anyone whose name could identify the youths.

It's alleged the girl -- who is eight months pregnant -- was forcibly taken from her family's home by her boyfriend last Wednesday night.

Both were brought to police the following evening.

The boy and girl in this case had been previously identified in news reports after police issued the Amber Alert seeking the girl's safe return. Her identity is also protected under the act unless parents give consent to her being named.

The alert was issued after the girl's family reported a pair of intruders wearing ski masks burst into the home demanding the girl pack some clothes and leave with them.

The family told police that one of the culprits, who was wielding a small wooden bat, walked through the home and found the girl in a room.

The boy's mother has told reporters her son, who is the father of the girl's child, would never hurt the girl and called the whole situation a misunderstanding.

The Canadian Press

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Piecemaker wrote:Indeed that's possible. But it is the "whys" of the lack of parenting supervision that may provide insight into this situation.

The girl has 8 siblings, that may tell you something.
Black Dogs Matter
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The mother is still saying, "the whole thing is a misunderstanding". That speaks volumes.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I'll keep waiting. Nothing smart is coming out of this, but they still have to iron out some of the absurdity. Charges only mean an initial reaction to what occurred, and they may be kept and perhaps not. I'll be interested to hear the whole story in the end, just for curiosities sake.

Return to “Canada”