Re: Idle No More co-founder uneasy with Chief Spence

Post by kibbs »

removed - Jennylives
Peace be with you.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

If posts in this thread are not related to the topic they will removed.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I would like to thank these people for going out in the cold to support the Idle no more movement in kelowna.I think when it gets warmer these crowds will grow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BLYcHY98jA
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I really think it's time we protest for equality for All Canadians. We all have a history, we all have a background, we are all supporters in some way in our communities and we should put into it so we can draw from it as we need it. Idle no more,,, we all get up and do something.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I really think it's time we protest for equality for All Canadians. We all have a history, we all have a background, we are all supporters in some way in our communities and we should put into it so we can draw from it as we need it. Idle no more,,, we all get up and do something.

sounds like you cant get no satisfaction ,why dont get off of thier cloud,you make it like supporting idle no more is like having sympathathy for the devil.i think there are many groups opposed to helping any one of visual minority.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I was never opposed to it but now that we are seeing something like Atapiskawat people suffering and we want to know why, we see people demanding more without a right for our government to see what's been happening with past funding,,, we are being told we now need to become concerned with why there is depression and suicide going on at high rates in small communities,,, I think it's time to revamp the whole thing and let them become equal Canadians like we are. Give them a reason to want work and to make something of themselves off reserve land so they can enjoy their own self worth. Depression is everywhere but it seems it's thick in their own communities as would be admitted by themselves when they come out telling us We need to help with that too.
They want special rights to decisions on land, they want government money and then support to make people happy with that,,, but there are some chiefs not handling money or their people well at all but they are getting paid Well,,, I am just not sure where this ends. When do we have a right to send in a third party to make sure they are all getting what we give them,,, the people. When would this funding thing end? When can they become self sufficient? Why should they want to live on a chunk of land way up in the cold when they could move and have a great job and a home of their own and become one with Canada. They complain their rights are limited,,, they are not, they have all rights they just dont know about those rights or exercise those rights. They actually have more rights then most Canadians IMO.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Roadster wrote: They actually have more rights then most Canadians IMO.

You do know why they have those rights, don't you?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I'd like to go protest against these protesters but,

I have to go to WORK!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

'd like to go protest against these protesters but,

I have to go to WORK!!!

This is a free country .You can take a day off if you truly believe in your protest.True belief takes sacrifice.
Peace be with you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

grammafreddy wrote:You do know why they have those rights, don't you?

Yes, because of something that happened loooooong ago, having nothing to do with my family who wasn't here then and probably about 80 some per cent of Canada's peoples who families were not even here yet. So ya,,, give them a start, some special rights for a while and then let them blend in as Canadians,,, become one with the country they chose to stay in no matter what happened or how it happened sooooo long ago. There is a time when things given to you come to an end. We have been one country a long time now and we have many cultures living together as one and making their own way yet we have these little communities still fighting for what? For us to keep them in those little communities by sending their chiefs money? Why not move on and make personal of their own now. Why aren't we one yet with each other and yet we are with all of the other cultures who came here to live the Canadian life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:You do know why they have those rights, don't you?

Roadster wrote:Yes, because of something that happened loooooong ago, having nothing to do with my family who wasn't here then and probably about 80 some per cent of Canada's peoples who families were not even here yet. So ya,,, give them a start, some special rights for a while and then let them blend in as Canadians,,, become one with the country they chose to stay in no matter what happened or how it happened sooooo long ago. There is a time when things given to you come to an end. We have been one country a long time now and we have many cultures living together as one and making their own way yet we have these little communities still fighting for what? For us to keep them in those little communities by sending their chiefs money? Why not move on and make personal of their own now. Why aren't we one yet with each other and yet we are with all of the other cultures who came here to live the Canadian life?

... because of the Indian Act, Roadie.

It may not be you who signed it - or even this Prime Minister - but it is still in effect and is still part of our Constitution. Its the Canadian government's #1 Dastardly Deed and until things change, the Canadian people will continue to pay for that rotten, crooked, sneaky, underhanded, conniving, thieving, raping, plundering and murdering government of the day.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

It needs to change now, it needs to open the doors for them to become one with the country they live in and then no more chip on the shoulder over what happened way back when,,,
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

What are ya gonna do with all the FAS folks, the drunks and the drug addicts, Roadie? How do you plan to integrate them into society? How and where do you plan to house them and feed them when they are mentally incapable of working for their keep?

There's thousands upon thousands of Indians - where do you want them to live if you think they should all move away from the north? In the house next door to you?

Edit - correction - there's over a million Aboriginal people now ... http://www12.statcan.ca/census-recensem ... splay=Page

Return to “Canada”