Idle No More co-founder uneasy with Chief Spence

ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Re: Idle No More co-founder uneasy with Chief Spence

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

kibbs wrote:why tony sowan is an apple.
http://therealaboriginalcanadianfoodgui ... ony-sowan/

Funny you're asking non-native Canadians for understanding, equality and fair treatment. Shouldn't you do the same of each other?
You stand out as a hypocrite with this one sentence.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

removed - Jennylives
Peace be with you.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

removed - Jennylives
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Because he doesn't agree with your thoughts you have to insult him.... Big of you

Your right i always thought it just funny because it did not speak of one specific race and decribed a blending of races .I apologize to any i may have offended i will never use it again.I am not insulting him,I pity him I feel he has lost touch with his culture.When talking with a friend he described his Chinese wife as being a banana because she spoke no Chinese. She found the term funny to.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"kibbs"

Your right i always thought it just funny because it did not speak of one specific race and decribed a blending of races .I apologize to any i may have offended i will never use it again.I am not insulting him,I pity him I feel he has lost touch with his culture.When talking with a friend he described his Chinese wife as being a banana because she spoke no Chinese. She found the term funny to.

That's a very interesting point.

If you can find me a true Indian, 100% without a blended background I'd like to shake their hand and say I hope they honor your treaties.

You hear all the Natives on television saying, “Remember the intent at the time of signing of the Treaties,” what was the intent?

Why do people lose touch with their culture?

My parents failed they did not teach me their language. Is that something I should bring up with the government who forced FRENCH at me in school? Should I rebel against the government for making me go to school and lose my cultural roots?

Maybe we all have a claim if we look at it in that way.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

If you can find me a true Indian, 100% without a blended background I'd like to shake their hand and say I hope they honor your treaties.

My Great grandfather was Mohawk,although raised wasp ,we were always taught of the plight of native people.In school we were taught the same .The treaties ,the assimilation, the mistreatment ,the racism, the segregation.I have had to educate many racist Mid 'Chief dirty drunk lazy Indian' joke.I have always believed that saving our environment was paramount to development.This movement is an invitation to move forward .To allow what is left of the first nations to include their culture into the final blend of our great country.It is an opportunity to lead the world in aboriginal negotiation .It is a chance to start fresh and make and up for past injustices .Why not it is a far easier problem than the french.It would also be a nice feather in steves hat .Its an issue the opposition are going to milk hard.Being native Canadian is in your heart.There are many pure 100 percent aboriginals, genetics shows that.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

What are your thoughts of Chiefr Louis?

He certainly has a interesting perspective I'd say.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48894

I see you have to entered into the discussions?? Hmmmm.....
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Chief louie is a rock star ,he has found the balance of keeping your traditional values and working in the white mans world.He hasn't sold out just asked his people to step up.The topic is a zombie I thought it was dead but you know zombies.Dave and Steve must meet together with the chiefs.Its not so hard.Come on dave and steve drink some healing fish broth and unite our peoples,Let our hearts be joined in the essence of fish broth flatuations
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

kibbs wrote:Chief louie is a rock star ,he has found the balance of keeping your traditional values and working in the white mans world.He hasn't sold out just asked his people to step up.The topic is a zombie I thought it was dead but you know zombies.Dave and Steve must meet together with the chiefs.Its not so hard.Come on dave and steve drink some healing fish broth and unite our peoples,Let our hearts be joined in the essence of fish broth flatuations

That's the problem and you just stated it. Louis has moved on and wants to progress.

Not sure how it's the white mans world??

If you wish to go back to your roots, stop trying to live like a white man, Ford pickup, Color TV, man made fabricated cloths and the list goes on.

Go back to the old traditional days and ways, hunt for your food and travel!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Go back to the old traditional days and ways, hunt for your food and travel!

when i went back to my roots i joined my church and helped my community.Its not about wearing buckskin and having powows.The white mans world is one of consumer waste and spiritual decline .ill say modern western society,
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"kibbs"
when i went back to my roots i joined my church and helped my community.Its not about wearing buckskin and having powows.The white mans world is one of consumer waste and spiritual decline .ill say modern western society.

You are starting to crack me up.

You make comment such as consumer waste, what about the resources waste. Just like the fish and four legged animals that are slaughtered and left to waste? The Treaties were to feed your people, if you are Native you would know that. The natural resources are being wasted by your people who have the inherent right to fish and hunt all seasons. I could go on about this issue but will not. You have forgotten about the history of the Buffalo?

It is apparent you have selective memory, as many Natives do. I have observed the ways of both Native and as you wish to call it White or Western Society.

I was married to a Native Treaty woman; I have family who are married into the native culture although they too have educated themselves and moved on. Ironically one of which was in the "oh my god, residential school."

He states that was the best thing that could have happened to him and his brothers or they too would be sitting on the reserve licking their wounds about life and the bad shake they were given.

You my friend are like many trying to live in the past, and afraid to step up to the future as Chief Louis is suggesting all his people do.

That is a large part of the equation here, yes there are treaties which need to be dealt with but sitting Idol is not the answer as it has been done for many years. I too could sit idol on the government system and say how life has failed me!

No need to respond because I won’t reply to your posts further, until I see you have moved on!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You have forgotten about the history of the Buffalo?
Buffalo hunting (hunting of the American bison) was an activity fundamental to the Plains Indian tribes of the United States, which was later adopted by American professional hunters, leading to the near-extinction of the species.

No i don't remember the Buffalo European settlers near killed them off to deprive natives of their food.'Where did you go to school cowboy tech? :smt070

listen to a whole speech by chief Louis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylbfO7m7M4

no one is sitting idle now ,why do yo think they call it idle no more ,they want change just not totally at the hands of steve
Peace be with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

removed - Jennylives
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

removed - Jennylives
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The same society you demand pays for your kids free education?

im not status im 1/16, still saving.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Canada”