What's wrong with Quebec?

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

What's wrong with Quebec?

Post by French Castanut »

After the corrpution scandals (which are still being uncovered on RDI at "La commission Charbonneau".. Here's plain rudeness AGAIN from town counsellors paid over 100,000$/year to play card games and browsing Kijiji at city council...

Ok they got caught, and still think and believe there's nothing wrong with that, because they can chew gum & walk at the same time. I bet they also talk on their cellphone & drive at the same time too.

MONTREAL - QMI Agency caught several city councillors visiting Facebook and playing solitaire in during a citizen Q&A at City Hall, but not one of them apologized after they were busted.
Asked to explain why he was playing cards while Montrealers were asking questions, Coun. Luis Miranda didn't miss a beat.

"I do what I want with my laptop," said Miranda, a member of disgraced former mayor Gerald Tremblay's Union Montreal party.

"I can still hear what's happening in the chamber," he added. "I'm still paying attention."

Colleague Frank Venneri, caught playing cards by a QMI photograher, had a similar cavalier response.

QMI also caught Coun. Francois Limoges visiting the Kijiji online classifieds website during the town hall meeting. He insisted it was strictly business.

"I was surfing on Kijiji because I'm concerned about the gentrification of my district," he said.

He said he needed to have an overview of his local rental market to understand how many poor Montrealers are being squeezed out by house-flippers.

Limoges also said that visiting Facebook or Twitter during a town hall meeting doesn't mean councillors aren't listening to citizens.

"We can walk and chew gum at the same time," said Limoges.

"We're quite aware of what's happening around us."
But Limoges refused to defend Miranda and Venneri's solitaire games.

"I wouldn't go that far," he said.

"When I'm on the web, I want to limit it to my work."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/po ... 11742.html
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What's wrong with Quebec?

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

What's wrong? They're losers!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Well, where to start..... viewtopic.php?f=83&t=48855
As mentioned in above link the have Provinces give 7.3+ billion to Quebec and they still run into the red.

Let's see what would happen if these transfers (glorified welfare payments) stopped.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Its the poutine ,all the gravy and cheese is clogging the mind of Quebecers and they require large amounts of alcohol to thin their blood,causing delusions of grandeur.It is obviously their diet.
Peace be with you.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:sunshine: Quebec is a corrupt province, that is how they live.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kibbs wrote:Its the poutine ,all the gravy and cheese is clogging the mind of Quebecers and they require large amounts of alcohol to thin their blood,causing delusions of grandeur.It is obviously their diet.

So you're from Quebec. :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Using this site https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/rhpd/handleResults.do

Based on individual earning $2,000 bi-weekly or $25 per/Hr

here are the deduction taking in Quebec
Quebec.jpg

Same earnings & pay period only difference this is BC
BC.jpg

So Quebec pays less Federal & no Provincial at all.......... sounds fishy to me.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

So you're from Quebec.

I've been it is a SUPERCOOL place ,They love to live life hard ,Food drink music dance art culture .English are boring in comparison.
Peace be with you.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

kibbs wrote:I've been it is a SUPERCOOL place ,They love to live life hard ,Food drink music dance art culture .English are boring in comparison.

With the amount of transfer payments they get, they can afford to party. English might be whooping it up too if they got twice as much as they get now. :wink:
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

It's the new way of thinking, if you do something wrong and someone confronts you, turn it around and act like they are wrong for confronting you. It's like how when people back out of their driveways without looking first and I have to slam on my brakes... instead of an apologetic wave they sit there and glare.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

zzontar wrote: It's like how when people back out of their driveways without looking first and I have to slam on my brakes... instead of an apologetic wave they sit there and glare.

And use sign language to inform you that you are #1, so congenial of them. :D
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

GordonH wrote:Using this site https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/rhpd/handleResults.do

So Quebec pays less Federal & no Provincial at all.......... sounds fishy to me.

When you calculate a Quebec payroll, you need two calculators, the CRA one & the Revenu Quebec one, because the CRA one doesn't calculate the provincial tax deduction, and the Revenu Quebec one doesn't calculate the Federal tax deduction. Why? Because it's quebec..

So for 2000$ income, they pay $251.89 Provincial Tax + 194$ fed tax, for a total of 445$ income tax + IE + QPP + QPIP, WAY much more than you canadians.

Source:
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/documents/en/formulaires/tp/tp-1015.ti-v(2013-01).pdf

Page 14 (biweekly pay check) Column "A", which is the basic deduction of $11,000 all of us are allowed.

That's without mentionning they are paying 5% GST + 9.5% PST which also taxes the GST, for a total of 14.975% sales tax.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

To Gordon H ... provincial tax
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/impots/rens_comp/taux.aspx
I do believe federal tax is the same across Canada. Québec is still part of Canada. On paper anyways ... LOL !!
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Using this site https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/rhpd/handleResults.do

French Castanut wrote:When you calculate a Quebec payroll, you need two calculators, the CRA one & the Revenu Quebec one, because the CRA one doesn't calculate the provincial tax deduction, and the Revenu Quebec one doesn't calculate the Federal tax deduction. Why? Because it's quebec..

So for 2000$ income, they pay $251.89 Provincial Tax + 194$ fed tax, for a total of 445$ income tax + IE + QPP + QPIP, WAY much more than you canadians.

Source:
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/documents/en/formulaires/tp/tp-1015.ti-v(2013-01).pdf

Page 14 (biweekly pay check) Column "A", which is the basic deduction of $11,000 all of us are allowed.

That's without mentionning they are paying 5% GST + 9.5% PST which also taxes the GST, for a total of 14.975% sales tax.

Thank-you pointing this out.

This tells me Quebec money management is even worst than thought.
Provincial income tax + sales tax + 7.3+ billion transfer payments and still can't balance a budget.
Makes me shake my head... that's just shameful.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

GordonH wrote:This tells me Quebec money management is even worst than thought.
Provincial income tax + sales tax + 7.3+ billion transfer payments and still can't balance a budget.
Makes me shake my head... that's just shameful.

That's a good statement. Makes me wonder .. which provinces balance their budget ? How about Canada ?
Do you know ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Canada”