David Suzuki... A scandal?

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: David Suzuki... A scandal?

Post by Rwede »

A large number of steelhead populations are categorized as "at-risk." Google is your friend.

Suzuki was convicted of poaching.

Do as he says, not as he does? And, send him money while you're at it, and scantily-clad teenaged girls to his hotel room.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

In the early 1980s, some idiots wanted to get rid of milfoil from Okanagan
Lake by putting 2,4-D into the lake. David suzuki said these idiots
who want toput herbicide in the same lake as we get drinking water from are either
STUPID or LYING.

David Suzuki is smarter than most people. I'll start a new thread and prove it.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Smarter than some people, Thinktank. :wink:

Certainly, he's smarter than anyone that sends him money or believes his bullcrap.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I'm pretty confident that he's smarter than a guy that wants to be recognized as Christy Clark.
This I know.
lol

I've also met David twice, and on both occasions I used my commonsense...or is that common sense...to pick the good and leave anything else behind.
He's rightfully passionate about the things he believes in and pushed hard to see change for the better in our lifetime.
We are all humans and we all make choices, good and bad, to try to progress in whatever direction we fell best suited to our purpose.
David Suzuki is no different.
He pounds his fists, curses and froths a bit around the corners of his mouth when he gets wound up.
I like that about him. Even though that kind of energy has been a negative in my past experiences, with David I know his passion is not so much about controlling those around him as it is about making change to the bigger picture. His fist pounding fury hath no recoiling effect on me.
I don't have to like every message, nor every direction he goes...but I do respect him for the positives he has accomplished, and will continue to respect him for some of the things yet to come under his leadership, suggestion or mere directive influence.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Graham Adder wrote:He's rightfully passionate about the things he believes in and pushed hard to see change for the better in our lifetime.
We are all humans and we all make choices, good and bad, to try to progress in whatever direction we fell best suited to our purpose.
David Suzuki is no different.
He pounds his fists, curses and froths a bit around the corners of his mouth when he gets wound up.
I like that about him.

If that's true, you would like him if he was wound up and passionate about something he thought was right but you disagreed with.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

zzontar wrote:
If that's true, you would like him if he was wound up and passionate about something he thought was right but you disagreed with.

Zingggggggggggg! THAT I would like to see.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Both times I've seen him speak as well as spoke with him, he has said things I don't agree with.
He can articulate his opinions with grace, respect and empathy for others. I said before, I don't have to agree with all he speaks, but I still respect him.

Neither of you have ever shown the same qualities as a man, so I cannot offer the same respect for either of you.

Not to come off as "too" judgmental, but:
David Suzuki is a better human being than either of you.

Eat.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

David Suzuki is IMO a relic of days gone by. I find his commericals as annoying and intrusive as his agenda being shoved down my throat at every opportunity; an agenda which - as has been mentioned - he preaches but does not live. He has lost what credibility he once had with me.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

He's still got a lot of good stuff to say.
You just have to pick and choose what you're willing to bite into.
I've not yet found anyone that stands atop a soapbox as much as he, that doesn't grate my cheese now and then.
That's not to say they're not worthy of a half cocked ear though.

I get the same from most human interaction. I take what's useful and the rest of the pile is tossed in the junk heap.
I'm not so arrogant as to believe most of my dribble is not processed in the same fashion by the majority.
I just try to accept that as a part of being a being.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Kinda sums up his whole life. And now he tries luring young girls into his hotel room. How strange that some feel he's an inspirational icon. :137:

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Graham Adder wrote:Both times I've seen him speak as well as spoke with him, he has said things I don't agree with.
He can articulate his opinions with grace, respect and empathy for others. I said before, I don't have to agree with all he speaks, but I still respect him.

Neither of you have ever shown the same qualities as a man, so I cannot offer the same respect for either of you.

Not to come off as "too" judgmental, but:
David Suzuki is a better human being than either of you.

Eat.

Well Graham, you state you don't like me and that Suzuki is a better human being than me... that's your choice. I've never met you so I can't say I don't like you, and I take in everything you post about and not just one subject. Some issues will never be changed by remaining quiet and not taking an assertive stance (you ever hear that quote by Martin Luthor King Jr?) I don't think one race should be entitled to more rights than another, especially in the same country. I don't like mismanagement of my tax dollars, nor the abuse and milking of EI and welfare, nor immigrants who move here to join gangs like "Just off the boat" in Calgary and don't get the boots immediately, nor the abuse of funds by people who use the health care system every time they cough... I guess you could say I'm against greed. I think Suzuki started off on the right track before greed got a hold of him as well, but I can't tell whether he's done more good or bad overall and don't know him personally so I am not making a judgement call on him.

BTW, you should have written "both" of you, not "either."
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rwede wrote:Smarter than some people, Thinktank. :wink:

Certainly, he's smarter than anyone that sends him money or believes his bullcrap.

You are smarter then SUZUKI!!

I'm with you, he's got a PHD which by today's educational standards is like grade 12 when I was a teen.

He baffles allot of people with bulldung and is very good at it.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Ken7 wrote:I'm with you, he's got a PHD which by today's educational standards is like grade 12 when I was a teen.

Your statement is ridiculous and far from being accurate.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

grammafreddy wrote:I can't stand David Suzuki. About the only thing positive I can say about him is that he's a smart marketer of his green agenda. He doesn't live it but he's really good at telling everyone else how they should live. He's made a killing and gazillions of bucks spouting all his green crap and global climate change garbage.

Well put GF. Suzuki makes me wanna puke every time I hear his verbal diarrhea.
Snman
Übergod

Re: David Suzuki... A Scandle?

Post by Snman »

kibbs wrote:I pity anyone who has the time to watch this idiot,who's next on his hit list terry fox,do you think they gave tickets to his lecture away for free.hes celebrity its big business .Wait to see if david even responds to this crap.this is what tabloid journalism looks like in Canada.

Um, did you watch it?

Return to “Canada”