Sales Tax and Medical Premiums for Alberta?

SurplusElect
Übergod

Re: Sales Tax and Medical Premiums for Alberta?

Post by SurplusElect »

Nobody wants to talk about how the oil companies pay significantly less to the Government of Alberta than they did before and now the Province is in debt and talking about taxing the common citizen?

Good thing they have 1000km2 of toxic sludge lakes as a trade off for a healthy economy. Oh wait. Oops.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

SurplusElect wrote:Nobody wants to talk about how the oil companies pay significantly less to the Government of Alberta than they did before and now the Province is in debt and talking about taxing the common citizen?

Good thing they have 1000km2 of toxic sludge lakes as a trade off for a healthy economy. Oh wait. Oops.

Got a link to back up sludge lakes or are ya just gonna pull more stuff outta yer hiny.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

twobits wrote:Got a link to back up sludge lakes or are ya just gonna pull more stuff outta yer hiny.

You can see the tailings ponds from space.

This thread is not about how many inches of land in Alberta is polluted, but rather the fact that the Canadian government puts "the economy and the oilsands" before everything else - even though Alberta is broke.

All that pollution and toxic waste and the province cant even pay their own bills. Seems fair. The taxpayers can foot the cleanup bill too.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

SurplusElect wrote:
You can see the tailings ponds from space.

I can see the blue tarp on my firewood pile from space. And that's about 6 or 7 pickup loads.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Lame logic, painfully slow and contrary to serve no purpose other than to waste time.

Are the tailing ponds huge? Yes. Do you want to swim in them? No.

All that resource extraction and the province cant pay its bills. Texas gets rich, single moms in Calgary suffer, the land suffers

Moving on.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Single moms in Calgary would be best advised to:

a.) get a great paying job in the oil industry where they are in need of workers of all skillsets, or

b.) hook up with a great guy in the oil industry that likes kids.

People choose their lifestyles. Corporate Canada isn't responsible for those individuals' choices.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

The hard right's solution to budget deficits in resource rich provinces.

...become a golddigger.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

removed - Jennylives
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “Canada”