New federal medical marijuana regulations

LiamHaddock
Übergod

Re: New federal medical marijuana regulations

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/weed-dispensary-bust-1.3728061
But the federal government's promise to begin the process of legalizing cannabis in 2017 has amplified calls from lawyers and advocates for an end to arrests and prosecutions for some weed-related crimes that have "clogged up the system" and left tens of thousands of Canadians with a criminal record.

"Legally, of course, the law is still on the books, so people can be prosecuted and convicted," said Alan Young, lawyer and associate professor at Osgoode Hall, in a previous interview with the CBC.

"But from a moral point of view, if the change is imminent, that undercuts the whole foundation for arrests and prosecutions, and one would hope the government would stop pursuing very minor cases that have clogged up the system for years."

Hamilton police don't appear to be operating from a moral point of view. "We enforce the laws that exist today," Police Chief Eric Girt told CBC News back in June. "We can't apply laws that we think might happen, because that would leave you out on a limb.

"You've got to apply the laws that are in effect now — and we do that."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Canadian Medical Association: Doctors Want Minimum Age Set At 21 For Pot Use, Possession

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/08/24 ... 83068.html
Salamander420
Fledgling

Post by Salamander420 »

just got my renewal done today I'm good to grow whoo hoo thank you john conroy lawfirm your class action saved all of our rights cheers to you
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Canadian Medical Association: Doctors Want Minimum Age Set At 21 For Pot Use, Possession

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/08/24 ... 83068.html

A joke considering they havent said anything about raising age for booze which actualy kills people
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I agree, i'm surprised the drinking age hasn't gone up over the years to 21. Guess to much invested in that age group, who knows.
Other than don't drink and drive or drink pregnant there is not much attempt to reduce consumption rates. For the damage alcoholism does it's a fairly cheap legal addiction.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

"Legally, of course, the law is still on the books, so people can be prosecuted and convicted," said Alan Young, lawyer and associate professor at Osgoode Hall, in a previous interview with the CBC.

"But from a moral point of view, if the change is imminent, that undercuts the whole foundation for arrests and prosecutions, and one would hope the government would stop pursuing very minor cases that have clogged up the system for years."

A lawyer using common sense is as likely as a person burning down there house to cook a wiener. It just does not happen.

The police have not been pursuing minor cases for at least the last five years in Canada. Obviously the Asst Prof is limited to seeing what the police do in his imagination from where he sits in the classr room.

Theory vs Reality again.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby maryjane48 » Today, 6:38 am

A joke considering they havent said anything about raising age for booze which actualy kills people

I agree but keep in mind that in our free society the law is not going to stop little Johnny or Susan from drinking or smoking high THC if they truly want to. All the law and the police can do is encourage people to understand why the law is as it is and try to stop the larger operators from profiting by breaking the law.

After that it is up to Little Johnny, Susan, their parents and those around them to determine whether Little Johnny and Susan risk their health by drinking and smoking tobacco or high THC marijuana.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Donald G wrote:
The police have not been pursuing minor cases for at least the last five years in Canada. Obviously the Asst Prof is limited to seeing what the police do in his imagination from where he sits in the classr room.

Theory vs Reality again.

Hey Donald werent you just requesting people provide up to date sources for the claims they make in the health benefits thread...maybe u should start doing that to instead of once again spreading your opinions as fact....any source for the BS ur spewing today???? Let me guess Donald says...I was once a cop back in horse and buggy days, I know everything blah blah blah....lol

Might as well just quote myself again

LiamHaddock wrote:So again donald whos spreading missinformation, outright lies or just their opinion again??? [It appears to be you unless you have anything to actually support your missinformed/uneducated opinions.....I'll wait but let me guess "Donald says" or "experts say" or "studies say" will be your response....WHICH STUDY, WHICH EXPERT, WHY DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR NONSENSE???
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Donald G wrote: little Johnny and Susan risk their health by drinking and smoking tobacco or high THC marijuana.

Hey there's that ongoing false claim you keep making once again...how does high thc cause little johnny or anyone harm?

LiamHaddock wrote:So again donald whos spreading missinformation, outright lies or just their opinion again??? [It appears to be you unless you have anything to actually support your missinformed/uneducated opinions.....I'll wait but let me guess "Donald says" or "experts say" or "studies say" will be your response....WHICH STUDY, WHICH EXPERT, WHY DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR NONSENSE???
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/392777541.html?mobile=true
The new access system is similar to the pre-MMPR system where individuals needing marijuana for medical purposes can apply to either produce, or designate a grower to produce for them, a limited quantity of marijuana.

The possession limit is either a 30-day supply or 150 grams of dried marijuana—whichever is less.

Individuals wanting to produce marijuana for medical purposes must register with Health Canada and cannot grow adjacent to schools, playgrounds, daycares or other public places mainly frequented by children.

“Anytime that we see improper electrical installation for whatever reason it’s a cause for concern,” said Patterson.

“With using a residential property for more than what it’s intended for... there’s always concerns about that. If things are done properly with ventilation, electrical installation, it can be done safely but if it’s done in a jury-rigged fashion there’s always that potential.”

Edited to add bold for Donald...u don't need to post what I've just posted lol
Last edited by LiamHaddock on Sep 11th, 2016, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

1. As of Aug. 24, 2016 the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) will replace the Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR).

2. The MMPR regulations brought in by the Conservative government in 2013 limited legal marijuana production and purchase to authorized commercial producers. Those (commercial) producers will remain active even under the new system.

3. The new access system is similar to the pre-MMPR system where individuals needing marijuana for medical purposes can apply to either produce, or designate a grower to produce for them, a limited quantity of marijuana.

4. The possession limit is either a 30-day supply or 150 grams of dried marijuana—whichever is less.

5. Individuals wanting to produce marijuana for medical purposes must register with Health Canada
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Thanks for pretry much copying and bolding some of the post I shared...I guess parts of it really excited you Donald or did u actually have anything to add? Just curious?

It's great we went back to a pre-mmpr system which protects patients right to grow though eh?
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/growing-medical-cannabis-1.3735112
Previously, patients looking to grow medical marijuana or get someone else to grow it for them could only get seeds and plants from Health Canada.
Under the new Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes regulations, patients can get seeds and plants from any producers licensed by Health Canada. As of this month, there are 34 licensed producers in Canada.

"The therapeutic effects of marijuana can be quite variable depending on the strain, whether it's indica, sativa or hybrid," says Smith.

Indica strains of marijuana produce a sleepy, relaxed effect, while sativa strains produce a more energizing, caffeine-like buzz.

The new rules also include more specific guidelines for labelling and testing of cannabis projects.

Part of the reason different types of cannabis aren't adequately understood, says Smith, is the "stigma surrounding cannabis — and it's going to take time for attitudes to change."

Smith encourages patients to do their homework.

"I find that the patients who have studied cannabis and have an understanding of the endogenous cannabinoid system are the ones that are able to make the best use of the product," he said.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

find it very interesting that, although the difference between THC and CBD marijuana is the difference between day and night even those professing to give out advice seldom differentiate between the two. The article posted by LiamHaddock is a good example.

Under the new rules, patients now have three choices when it comes to getting medical pot: register with licensed producers, grow their own with clearance from Health Canada or designate someone else to grow it for them.

The new rules also include more specific guidelines for labelling and testing of cannabis projects(??).

I think that the last word should be products. If so it is a first step on the way to quality control but theory and reality are sometimes incompatible.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Donald G wrote:find it very interesting that, although the difference between THC and CBD marijuana is the difference between day and night even those professing to give out advice seldom differentiate between the two. The article posted by LiamHaddock is a good example.

Under the new rules, patients now have three choices when it comes to getting medical pot: register with licensed producers, grow their own with clearance from Health Canada or designate someone else to grow it for them.

The new rules also include more specific guidelines for labelling and testing of cannabis projects(??).

I think that the last word should be products. If so it is a first step on the way to quality control but theory and reality are sometimes incompatible.

I can't quite understand your incoherent ramblings tonight...I'm sorry cbc made a typo on an article I quoted lol.
What's wrong with the article I shared in your opinion?
What's your problems with anything I've said, I can help clarify anything for you...
The article I shared was simply discussing how we now have more options when it comes seed choices for marijuana strains to grow or we can purchase corporate lp marijuana...lots of opitions low thc high cbd and even your feared high thc strains are available.
either way more options than restrictive failed old mmpr system.
No need to be discussing CBD or THC all the time...
I know your still afraid of THC or High THC strains falsely believing they somehow cause harm...but most people realize marijuana comes in many variations of THC/CBD and that none have been proven harmful in any medical way.
Most importantly though right to grow has been brought back!

Return to “Canada”