88%
Yes, enough is enough!
6%

Total votes: 16

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

TAX Revolt

Post by Ken7 »

I was listening on 1150 AM this Sunday about a Tax revolt.

Tune in today, not sure about the rest of the story.

The discussion was the Governement is blowing our money away so why should we the tax payers continue to let it go and keep paying taxes.
twobits
Guru

Re: TAX Revolt

Post by twobits »

Stupid idea. Might as well ask if you support anarchy.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/why-modern-day-tax-revolts-are-doomed-to-fail/article4105306/?service=mobile

The correct approach to changing how things are done is to be involved as best you can, which usually means spending some time actually figuring out who to vote for. Lots of folks spend less time on that than it took me to write this post. Lots of folks don't even bother to vote...solve those problems and the issues aimed at will still not go away.

One person's "waste" is often another person's "lifeline" or "investment in the future". Sometime's it's just plain theft - but who's fault is that? Even churches have to deal with theft...
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

You will end up paying your taxes. Period.

You will be fined, and charged interest and potentially sent to jail. All the wingbats that have pulled all the schemes and conferences over the years about "taxes are unconstitutional" and "They can't REALLY make you pay your taxes" or "Live off the grid" always catches up with people and screws them over completely.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

What's interesting is that we didn't always have income tax. Income tax was brought in as a temporary tax in WWI. Previous to that, the federal government had control of our money but they gave that away to the Bank of Canada so that now if the country needs money they have to borrow it and to pay interest on it instead of the banks getting it from the government. I think we should go back to that system because it was working and working well.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

grammafreddy wrote:What's interesting is that we didn't always have income tax. Income tax was brought in as a temporary tax in WWI. Previous to that, the federal government had control of our money but they gave that away to the Bank of Canada so that now if the country needs money they have to borrow it and to pay interest on it instead of the banks getting it from the government. I think we should go back to that system because it was working and working well.

We used to use lead pipes in our houses and asbestos in our walls too. Things that worked well pre-1917 ain't gonna work well post-2013. The world has changed a bit over the past century.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Personal and corporate income taxes have been reduced a great deal in the past couple of decades at the cost of huge cutbacks to programs that made things better for the population.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Will these revolvers also stop using all public services and infrastructure?

Roads, their education, electricity, schools, water, the internet - the radio.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Shouldn't we decide which level of government the pole is about before voting ... Federal, Provincial or Municipal? Or is this one of those "trust me - I will tell you after the vote" things that politicians come up with now and again?

Return to “Canada”