Don Cherry embarrasses us again.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Don Cherry embarrasses us again.

Post by kibbs »

you got me on that one
lol

peace. have a beauty Easter and keep your stick on the ice kid.
Peace be with you.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There is a built in weakness in the way that people who are found not guilty by way of insanity are handled under our current laws. The Criminal Court System is charged with determining whether a person consciously knew the consequences of his actions. That finding is based on a "51% balance of probabilities" rather than "beyond a reasonable doubt" as is required with all other guilty or not guilty findings by the Criminal Court System. Regardless of the crime committed (including cutting off a persons head and starting to eat it in front of a busload of people) the offender is found not guilty by reason of insanity.

AT THAT POINT THE EMPHASIS ON THE PROTECTION OF SOCIETY CHANGES TO AN INSTITUTIONAL EMPHASIS ON WHAT IS BEST FOR THE PATIENT.

Given the present state of psychiatric 'treatment' a certain risk to the public is accepted as necessary to assist the (now) patient in adjusting to a life back in society, including supervised outings, unsupervised outings and eventual (when the risk factor is deemed low enough in the opinion of the doctor) full release situations.

An unsupervised paranoid schizophrenic who goes off of his medication, checks into a hotel room and sets the room on fire, burning down the hotel killing two people is not charged because of his insane condition at the time he started the fire (in his mind to save real but imaginary people from freezing to death) is again considered sane enough to reenter society once he is supervised and back on his medication.

The only way to prevent such occurrences from happening over and over is to prevent the person from going off of their medication in the first place ... which means enforced supervision. Unfortunately our present Criminal Court Judiciary have moved us completely away from enforced medication in the name of Freedom ... something along the lines of permitting about 1,250 mothers, fathers, sons and daughters the be killed by drunk drivers each year because the same courts have now decided to disallow the police to make 'ad hoc' checks on vehicles, also in the name of the same freedom from being checked by the police. In my opinion that is very wrong given the price that innocent victims are required to pay over and over and over again.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

It's easy to see a posters' personal bias simply be looking at what words/phrases they choose to enclose in "quotation marks".
Your bias suits you.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

kibbs wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrB_XCpWtO8 bubbles on hnic

don has a replacement.

BUBBLES FOR PM

(seriously - I'd totally vote for Bubbles)
Your bias suits you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Woodenhead wrote:I rank Don Cherry as slightly smarter than Rex Murphy. (old people will disagree, OFC)

Old people would rank Rex Murphy smarter than Don Cherry? Smarts only goes so far. Don Cherry isn't even close to being in the same league as Rex Murphy. Smarts aside, Rex Murphy is one of the most well read and knowledgeable Canadians today.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Glacier wrote:Old people would rank Rex Murphy smarter than Don Cherry? Smarts only goes so far. Don Cherry isn't even close to being in the same league as Rex Murphy. Smarts aside, Rex Murphy is one of the most well read and knowledgeable Canadians today.
Absolutely. Rex Murphy is outstanding.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

:dyinglaughing:
Your bias suits you.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

kibbs wrote:And that is just what Don did to ruin hockey.Forced men to screen nets .Play the man not the puck.He and others like him took the gentleman out of the sport.Ruined my interest in the nhl and never encouraged my kids into the sport because of all the idiots involved.
Unless your a judge or a lawyer your a don cherry piping up on the case.

Kibbs, Rocket Richard was swinging a hockey stick at opponents heads long before Don Cherry happened on the scene. Play the man, not the puck is elementary hockey 101. Hockey is no more a gentleman's sport than baseball. Never was. Cherry likes 'old time hockey', as do many. Stop whining, it's a tough game. Oh yeah, almost forgot....Cherry might be a nut but he is entitled to his opinion and is also entitled to share it, whether you agree with him or not.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Kibbs, Rocket Richard was swinging a hockey stick at opponents heads long before Don Cherry happened on the scene

When i was growing up it was rough but not like today .A man would knock a guy down then help him up,he gets spat on now

when Howe was a rookie, he knocked Richard down with a punch after being shoved. The Red Wings and Canadiens faced off in four Stanley Cup finals during the 1950s. When Richard retired in 1960, he paid tribute to Howe, saying "Gordie could do everything."[6]

You use to root for a team not a player.And it was your own town.
When guys like don came in it wasn't about skating shooting and passing.It got dirty and became more about hurtin the other guy and slowing the game down.
Guys like Sittler ,Mcdonald.Salming 'Linden,were gentlemen and represented the sport with dignity.
Last edited by kibbs on Apr 3rd, 2013, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Kibbs, Rocket Richard was swinging a hockey stick at opponents heads long before Don Cherry happened on the scene

When i was growing up it was rough but not like today .A man would knock a guy down then help him up,he gets spat on now

when Howe was a rookie, he knocked Richard down with a punch after being shoved. The Red Wings and Canadiens faced off in four Stanley Cup finals during the 1950s. When Richard retired in 1960, he paid tribute to Howe, saying "Gordie could do everything."[6]

You use to root for a team not a player.And it was your own town.
When guys like don came in it wasn't about skating shooting and passing.It got dirty and became more about hurtin the other guy and slowing the game down.
Guys like Sitler ,Mcdonald.Salming 'Lindon,were gentlemen and represented the sport with dignity.
Peace be with you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kibbs wrote:Guys like Sitler ,Mcdonald.Salming 'Lindon,were gentlemen and represented the sport with dignity.

Do you mean Sittler and Linden?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Lanny McDonald, Darryl Sittler, Borje Salming & Trevor Linden

thankyou ,im not an nhl fan anymore.i do like to catch a rockets game.way to support the young lads.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Canada”