Systemic issues in Ontario

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Systemic issues in Ontario

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/29 ... ip-search/

i read this story and there seems to be a systemic problem here.

"There is a “decade-long history” of strip searches by Toronto Police Service officers sometimes being found unconstitutional, Judge Cole said, citing other decisions."

why are the toronto cops in such a hurry to get this child naked?
if the strip search is unconstitutional, doesn't that promote the likelihood of the child being returned to public all the quicker, enabling the potential for more abuse at the hands of the cops?
in merritt we had cops feeding their cocaine addiction by busting dealers and confiscating their stash, and now in toronto we seem to have pedophile cops grooming children to further victimize them.
Last edited by A_Britishcolumbian on Jun 11th, 2013, 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: systemic pedophilia

Post by Graham Adder »

you're stretching the truth I think
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A_Britishcolumbian stretching the truth? Wow, what a shocker! I would never expect her to do that!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/29/13-year-old-boy-not-charged-for-gun-possession-because-of-improper-strip-search/

i read this story and there seems to be a systemic problem here.

"There is a “decade-long history” of strip searches by Toronto Police Service officers sometimes being found unconstitutional, Judge Cole said, citing other decisions."

why are the toronto cops in such a hurry to get this child naked?
if the strip search is unconstitutional, doesn't that promote the likelihood of the child being returned to public all the quicker, enabling the potential for more abuse at the hands of the cops?
in merritt we had cops feeding their cocaine addiction by busting dealers and confiscating their stash, and now in toronto we seem to have pedophile cops grooming children to further victimize them.

If you can read that into the news story I am more concerned about you than those cops.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

The title of this post is totally misleading.....

I'd like to know what the term "pedifile" means to the poster. By reading the search of the boy, it has been done that way for years. Would it be necessary on this case... I'd question that a proper pat search was in order.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

I'm a tad more concerned about the kid walking around with a bleeping gun than whatever crap the OP is trying to twist from this.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i believe this story gives credence to the idea that there are major systemic issues with the toronto police.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/05/co ... picks=true

TORONTO - A "thorough" investigation that didn't involve police interviewing the last guy Laura Babcock was talking to on her cellphone before she went missing?

Really?

This is what Det. Mike Carbone of Toronto Homicide was trying to sell to the media and public Tuesday?

"The investigation was thorough and employed all of the traditional methods used in any missing persons case," he said.

But he also told reporters that Dellen Millard, the last person who called her on her cell, was not interviewed.

Is that traditional?
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: systemic issues with the toronto pd

i am seeing an interesting pattern here, it would seem toronto cops like getting kids naked and 'searching' them, without regard for the 'constitution' or the judiciary, then they pick and choose who they investigate, murders not being the highest priority. once you have been locked up the correctional officers enjoy themselves at your expense and detriment.

"Punching, slapping, kicking, stomping on someone who is under control, under restraints, is inexcusable and morally repugnant," Marin said.

"Regardless of why they are incarcerated, inmates are human beings and they deserve respect, dignity and humane treatment."

Marin's 135-page report is the product of thousands of complaints a year that were paralyzing his office.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#93422

the "system" in ontario is rotten.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: systemic issues in ontario

Post by oneh2obabe »

Why are you so worried about the "system" in Ontario when you live in BC? Can't find any statistics for BC or you'd rather not sully your playing grounds?

Oh wait, you can't
A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i cannot speak directly about links within british columbia suffice to say they exist.

Ever been to Toronto? Ever seen what the police do day in and out? Ever sat in court and watched the proceedings? Ever talk to the guards at any of the detention centres or superjails?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: systemic issues in ontario

while i am somewhat familiar with and to ottawa and other parts of ontario, i have specifically avoided toronto. a jet i was on fueled up at the toronto airport once.
so no, i am unfamiliar with toronto with exception to media sources and some family and friends that have told me ... things.

what i do know from my connections and experiences in ottawa, ontario as a community sees themselves as 'canada' and the rest us us to be outside of that, eg. british columbia is a province of/beneath ontario.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Systemic issues in Ontario

so the judges tell the cops to straighten up, the judges are ignored, the people tell the cops to straighten up, and they are ignored as well. first the cops kill the 18 year old, then at least one tampers with evidence at the crimes scene. there are systemic problems in ontario and the rcmp.

Ontario’s ombudsman says that with police co-operation being “the exception, not the norm,” the provincial government should consider implementing rarely-used powers to “direct police on how to do their job” in the aftermath of last weekend’s shooting death of teenager Sammy Yatim.

“What we saw on the [streetcar] is not something that is completely unfamiliar with the Toronto Police Service. There have been literally dozens of inquests that have recommended measures to de-escalate this kind of conflict,” Andre Marin said in a blunt interview with the CBC’s Metro Morning Wednesday.

He suggested if police can’t or won’t implement better training protocol, it might be time for the province as “Bigger Brother to take charge and direct police on how to do their job.”

“We are talking about life and death here. We are talking an 18-year-old on a [streetcar] by himself. Nine bullets and according to reports, Tasered following that.”

Marin said he was “shocked” by the incident and is closely watching the Special Investigation Unit’s probe into the death of Yatim, who was shot multiple times on an empty streetcar by Toronto Police Const. James Forcillo last Saturday morning.

While some officers tiptoe around the casings, the person taking the video notices at least one casing being kicked by an officer.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/31 ... -shooting/
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i believe there is a commandment about respecting one's elders, it would seem these ontario cops are not obsercers of that same commandment.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2568010322001
T.Tsarnaev
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i believe there is a commandment about respecting one's elders, it would seem these ontario cops are not obsercers of that same commandment.

Being discussed here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52012
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i believe there is a commandment about respecting one's elders, it would seem these ontario cops are not obsercers of that same commandment.

"respect ones elders" is such an outdated concept. Age alone should not be a determining factor in respect.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

how about 'respect those that have gone before you', more likable? :)

if that thinking is outdated, to you, and to too many, there is a specific cliche 'proverb' that deals with that and you are sure to be familiar with, 'those ignorant of history are doomed to repeat it'.

would you say that is outdated as well? :)
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Canada”