Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Post by Bsuds »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/122 ... r-Rob-Ford

Mike Tyson is not what I would consider a good endorsement. One idiot endorsing another!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This is golden.

In a rambling exchange with reporters after meeting Ford at city hall, the former world heavyweight champion who has been convicted of rape, assault and drug possession, said the mayor is always under the spotlight.

"He has a troubled past because he has 24-hour surveillance of the press... We've no idea what you do behind closed doors."

Tyson dubbed Ford the "best mayor in Toronto's history" and then asked if people would instead prefer someone "who's clean cut but behind the door you never know what he's doing."

You can't just make this stuff up.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

He looks like Ford's kind of people to me. They would probably go well together. Hopefully Ford has cleaned up his act.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

sounds like his health issues might be pretty bad.

Ailing Rob Ford withdraws from Toronto mayoralty race

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/r ... -1.2764485
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

ferri wrote:sounds like his health issues might be pretty bad.

Doctors say biopsy results won't be available until next week but his brother said ...

Doug Ford promises a statement after the 2 p.m. election list deadline. He told the Sun the mayor could be facing surgery, chemo and several weeks in hospital.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/t ... aches.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

ferri wrote:sounds like his health issues might be pretty bad.

Well we do know the mental issues are.

I don't wish the medical problems on anyone but won't miss him at all.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Sounds like he is possibly in the real fight of his life.... hopefully he will be ok
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

You have to just love the Leftwing media CBC's constant talking points about Rob Ford . Somewhere in every report they bring up his drug issues, which is fair but biased. Justin Trudeau admits to smoking Pot and wants to legalize it , but nothing is said about it , and with Justin's latest ramblings about "Rethinking Time and Space" you really have to wonder just how many joints is this *bleep* still doing on a daily basis. Admits to smoking Pot while sitting as a federal MP , WOW.

The CBC says NOTHING? WOW.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

They "Bleeped" a non swear word , that's funny .
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

now i'm dying to know what the word was. pm me. lol

they are saying now that Doug Ford is going to run for mayor and Rob is running for council. and his nephew that was in the council race has dropped out. (this all makes me miss the Toronto Zoo oddly enough...)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I joined a weather forum, and tried to discuss the weather in Ashcroft, but it was bleeped out because it's apparently a swearword.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

ferri wrote:they are saying now that Doug Ford is going to run for mayor and Rob is running for council. and his nephew that was in the council race has dropped out.

Doug Ford - running for Mayor
Michael Ford - running for Toronto District School Board Trustee
Rob Ford - running for Councillor in Ward 2

All registration papers were filed before the 2pm deadline today.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I hope no one mistakes this *bleep* family for the Canadian version of the Kennedy family. More like the Capone family in my opinion.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Only one who thinks they are "royalty" on par with the Kennedy clan is Mama Ford.

Return to “Canada”