Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Post by Gixxer »

Bsuds wrote:
He apparently can't control himself and has an addiction problem. He needs to get control of this and while doing that should not be Mayor of Toronto. Either resign or take a leave if that's possible.

It all ready is affecting his job and ability to do it.

As for a fake, sleazy politician...he has that down pat now.

The public only knows of this because of all the media exposure he's been getting. If he was doing it behind closed doors, the public probably wouldn't even be questioning his job performance.

Whats makes him a fake, sleazy politician? There's nothing fake about him.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Gixxer wrote:If it doesn't effect his job performance then whats the problem? If anything it makes him look like a real person and not some fake sleazy baby kissing politician.

It most certainly affected his performance. Why do you think council stripped him of most of the mayoral powers?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Gixxer wrote: There's nothing fake about him.

So he really is a constant obnoxious and confrontational boor, charging through city hall meetings pushing over little old ladies even while sober? Maybe he does need to find a fake personae – like:

“I’m sorry
I’m so sorry. Really Toronto,
I am so, so sorry – sincerely and truly sorry
I know you heard it before but I mean it this time
I am really, positively, you can believe me because I am not fake – so, so sorry”
Last edited by steven lloyd on Jan 23rd, 2014, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Gixxer wrote:The public only knows of this because of all the media exposure he's been getting. If he was doing it behind closed doors, the public probably wouldn't even be questioning his job performance.

He relishes the publicity ... gives him another opportunity to spout his "I'm sorry - I'm only human" mantra.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

steven lloyd wrote:So he really is a constant obnoxious and confrontational boor

Yep.

normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

He certainly has a deep bag of crazy to draw from..
I'm surprised he is still mobile, he usually looks like he is ready to pop a vein.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

brutal
Attachments
rob-ford-jeopardy.jpg
Positive energy activates constant elevation
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Gixxer wrote: There's nothing fake about him.

Except for the fact that he never tells the truth until after the truth comes out. The man needs some serious help, but help starts at home. Unfortunately for him he has no intention of quitting any of his destructive habits. Instead, he only pretends to be turning his life around to save face. This is, of course, another lie that he won't admit to until he backs himself into another corner. Then he will get help "for real this time." And around and around we go. Yup, nothing fake about him.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Glacier wrote:Except for the fact that he never tells the truth until after the truth comes out. The man needs some serious help, but help starts at home. Unfortunately for him he has no intention of quitting any of his destructive habits. Instead, he only pretends to be turning his life around to save face. This is, of course, another lie that he won't admit to until he backs himself into another corner. Then he will get help "for real this time." And around and around we go. Yup, nothing fake about him.

Yep. And he won't change, because there's still enough dolts out there who will still vote for him. Which just goes to show how strong bias is with most people.

The Misconception: Your opinions are the result of years of rational, objective analysis.

The Truth: Your opinions are the result of years of paying attention to information which confirmed what you believed while ignoring information which challenged your preconceived notions.

The Misconception: When your beliefs are challenged with facts, you alter your opinions and incorporate the new information into your thinking.

The Truth: When your deepest convictions are challenged by contradictory evidence, your beliefs get stronger.
Your bias suits you.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I would say Mr. Ford has addictions that he is not ready to face yet. He has not truly admitted yet that he has a problem. Until he does nothing will change. One of his biggest problems is his brother who is aiding and abetting him. They both have to get on side for him to get control of his life and that probably won't happen till he hits rock bottom. With his money that might not happen.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

Wow.....what's with the Rob Ford bash fest????
Heck-he gets his job done, doesn't he??? Who care what he does on his personal time. Get a life, peoples. Sheesh.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

0gopogo wrote:Wow.....what's with the Rob Ford bash fest????
Heck-he gets his job done, doesn't he??? Who care what he does on his personal time. Get a life, peoples. Sheesh.

Just think of what he could accomplish if he was sober
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

0gopogo wrote:Wow.....what's with the Rob Ford bash fest????
Heck-he gets his job done, doesn't he???

What’s his job ??? Providing material for late-night American comics ???
(the best source of comedy to finally come along since George W. Bush)
Toronto City Council has stripped him of any real political power, ...
yet he stills insists on finding a way to make the news.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

Like I said....who cares what he does in his personal down time. Obviously waaaaaaaaaay too many people.
How sad.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

0gopogo wrote:Like I said....who cares what he does in his personal down time. Obviously waaaaaaaaaay too many people.
How sad.

Not sad at all and as he represents the people it does matter what he does in his down time when it shows the kind of person he is. That seems to be a faucet of public life some forget - one can be in the limelight under unfavourable circumstances and then have to do damage control. Is it worth it?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Canada”