Goodbye CBC!

The Rooster
Fledgling

Re: Goodbye CBC!

Post by The Rooster »

Atomoa wrote:CBC played a key role in reporting the sponsorship scandal, which ultimately led to the Liberals loosing their majority Government.

That is horse kaka , the CBC had to reported , but they tried repeat ly to deflect the topic out of the #1 spot . It was the CBC alone that predicted a Landslide victory for Dion , Iggy and mislead everyone by reporting that the Chalk River fiasco was the Conservatives fault , when really Chretien's cronies appointed 6 of their friends to the board of directors to the AELC instead of using the funds for maintenance of the reactor . Read the SideWinder report . They also failed to report that Chretien appointed 6 of the 7 supreme court judges that found him innocent of fraud in over collecting EI revenues , while reducing EI benefits . That is UNFAIR taxation without representation .And what about the Maple reactor cover up by Chretien , and who started the whole f35 purchasing process ? The Liberals , again not reported by the CBC . Pushing Candu reactor sales , while his son in law and Bob Rae's brother at Power Group had the exclusive sales contract . Giving $9.2 Million this friends golf course thru the BDC . Treating the West like crap , allowing Quebec Hydro to use an archaic piece of legislation from the 1950's to screw over the Maritimes out of their hydr electric revenues going to the US .and much much more
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

The Rooster wrote:
That is horse kaka , the CBC had to reported , but they tried repeat ly to deflect the topic out of the #1 spot

Please provide evidence or links that shows CBC's "plan" to divert a top new story away from being a top news story.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

Please provide evidence or links that shows CBC's "plan" to divert a top new story away from being a top news story.[/quote]

Oh grow up , anyone can find these FACTS out . Provincially just look at Ontario , the focus on Ford , a guy that does have issues but ran Toronto very well, as soon as he's out , the liberal councillors raise taxes by 6% . mean while Maginty blows $1.3 Billion on two hydro plants in risings to guarrantee two liberals being re-elected . What about the $Billion lost to the Ontario E-Health scandal .

You want another Chretien goodie?

What about he SeaKing helicopter replacement contracts ? He cancels the contract and pays a $1/2Billion cancelation fee , when all he had to do was pay the $1/2Billion to get the helicopters .

By deflection or allowing misleading wording by non professional so called reporters that are about as qualified for their jobs as a Drama teacher , that smokes pot at work , with a $million trust fund is at being Prime Minister .
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

jennylives wrote:I view the CBC as an important part of our Democracy.

I agree - it is important to have the CBC around so that we the public know that whatever they say, we know that truth is actually the exact opposite. The CBC plays a vital role of supplying misinformation to the public that only complete idiots believe, and the rest of us laugh at. Without them being there out there on the far left, feeding us garbage from the radical leftists, we wouldn't have a balance, and we wouldn't have a news media source to laugh at daily for just how stupid they are.

We need media that is as unbiased as possible. I have no problem subsidizing it with my tax dollars.

If your metric is to subsidize only unbiased media then the taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing anything, as all of our current media is biased. To say that the CBC isn't biased is either horribly naïve, or being deliberately obtuse, or both. I am not a big Sun News fan, but on the other hand, it is good that they provide some balance far to the right, to the horrible disgusting diet of leftist crap that we are fed by the CBC and other media outlets like the Toronto (Red) Star. I am not really cool with our tax dollars going to the CBC (other than for Murdoch Mysteries of course - what a show!!) but it is what it is, and as long as we have some kind of balance from the other side of the spectrum at least Canadians have a choice, and can listen to both sides, to determine that the truth is actually somewhere in the middle.
Not afraid to say "It".
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

I agree - it is important to have the CBC around so that we the public know that whatever they say, we know that truth is actually the exact opposite. The CBC plays a vital role of supplying misinformation to the public that only complete idiots believe, and the rest of us laugh at. Without them being there out there on the far left, feeding us garbage from the radical leftists, we wouldn't have a balance, and we wouldn't have a news media source to laugh at daily for just how stupid

If your metric is to subsidize only unbiased media then the taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing anything, as all of our current media is biased. To say that the CBC isn't biased is either horribly naïve, or being deliberately obtuse, or both. I am not a big Sun News fan, but on the other hand, it is good that they provide some balance far to the right, to the horrible disgusting diet of leftist crap that we are fed by the CBC and other media outlets like the Toronto (Red) Star. I am not really cool with our tax dollars going to the CBC (other than for Murdoch Mysteries of course - what a show!!) but it is what it is, and as long as we have some kind of balance from the other side of the spectrum at least Canadians have a choice, and can listen to both sides, to determine that the truth is actually somewhere in the middle.[/quote]

WOW Thanks , perfectly stated . The CBC is the leftist Enabling Propaganda Machine . It allows the central lefty extremist , no sorry , it affords them the deflection ability . Like this whole election act crap , they are so passionate about . Prior to this they were so "We need to stop Robocalls and the Conservatives stole the election " . So the Cons introduce a bill and they POO POO it . Is it not bad enough that only 15% of the Canadian public even care about this topic , so why is the CBC stuck on it and why don't they state all the facts ,like that they wanted to fix this too ?

I have NEVER SEEN ONE REPORT ON THE CBC WHERE THEY SUPPORTED OR WERE POSITIVE ABOUT ANYTHING THE HARPER OVERNMENT HAS DONE FOR A DECADE. They are so bias it's disgusting
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Actually old chap, the reporting by the CBC regarding the Harper government has been fairly balanced (their is bound to be some defensive bias when Harper and crew immediately go after the CBC).

The problem with negative coverage of the Harper government is that there has been lots of negative to report on. Their economic record is poors. Their management of fiscal matters has been poor. They spend money like water on advertising, painting government planes "tory blue", high priced orange juice, junkets to Israel and on...and on... They foul up constantly with regard to constitutionality of laws. The Harperites have a lousy record of environmental stewardship. Harperite deregulation ideology contributed to Lac Megantic. And on, and on, and on...

The CBC has been "on" stories about Justin Trudeau when he fouls up. The CBC has been "on" stories when Mulcair oversteps.

The problem for Harper supporters (as opposed to conservatives) is that the Harper government keeps stubbing its toes. Ask Brent Rathgeber about the Harperites. Ask Michael Chong about the Harperites. Ask Joe Clark about the Harperites. Even Preston Manning has been critical.

The big mistake by the CBC has been in presenting reasonably balanced coverage of the Harper government - not spewing government propaganda as dictated by Harper. It is not the CBC's fault that the Harperites have provided some many pratfalls, screw ups, and clear examples of incompetency. They "splash" reports on the other party's when they do the same. I'll bet as a Harper supporter you thought it was just great when the CBC took the lead on the sponsorship scandal - which played a large role in bringing down the very competent government of Paul Martin.

The problem for Harper and crew is that they don't like facts. Darn things are really inconvenient. They were inconvenient for Paul Martin - and the Harperites are afraid of real facts - which is why they destroyed the census very early on.

Darn facts anyway. They never did fit the narrow (Joe Clark's characterization) ideology of Harper and crew.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

LV and Rooster, you are aware CBC stories are on the internet right? There are plenty of them that are positive towards Harper and plenty of them criticizing Conservative opponents. This is searchable, factual information.

I never said the CBC is unbiased, I said as unbiased as possible. The media is run by people after all but they are a far cry from Sun News or your beloved Tyee. You are saying the stories on the CBC disagree with your preconceived political agenda so they are biased when you need to be acknowledging that sometimes the facts don't agree with your opinion.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

jennylives wrote:LV and Rooster, you are aware CBC stories are on the internet right? There are plenty of them that are positive towards Harper and plenty of them criticizing Conservative opponents. This is searchable, factual information.

I never said the CBC is unbiased, I said as unbiased as possible. The media is run by people after all but they are a far cry from Sun News or your beloved Tyee. You are saying the stories on the CBC disagree with your preconceived political agenda so they are biased when you need to be acknowledging that sometimes the facts don't agree with your opinion.

As I stated earlier , yes they report them , but not for long , they try to drag on negative Conservative Tories or they selectively pick them . Their was OTHING on Justin's anti- Jew tyraid , where he accused Harper of sucking up to them . You can bring up all the liberal lies , which are fact , but you bring up lies about the f-35's being all the Conservatives fault , or the Chaulk River mess , or the shutting down of military bases in the west by the Fiberals . Ect ect ect

Or senator Max Harb did far more worse things and yet he is rarely spoken about .
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

One of the main institutions that make Canada a democracy is the media - journalists - that hold the government to account and question their actions.

You will not find a critical media in dictatorships or totalitarian states.

The job of the CBC, and any journalist for that matter - is to question and hold the government to account. Nobody checks up on the government. They cannot police themselves. They are the highest power. The only reason we are a democracy and not a dictatorship under this "highest power" is our ability to question the government and hold them to account, via the media and via elections.

It is not the job of the media to be cheerleaders. The political parties do enough of that on their own.

- Buckminster Fuller
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Atomoa wrote: The only reason we are a democracy and not a dictatorship under this "highest power" is our ability to question the government and hold them to account, via the media and via elections.

Harper does not answer to the media unless the questions are pre-approved.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

it is wrong to call cbc the media, they are baised and are in the liberal pockets. cbc should be called the liberal and at times the ndp band wagon
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Harper does not answer to the media unless the questions are pre-approved.

The election is about a year away.

I'm looking forward to more "media fences" to keep the media at least 20 meters away from asking Stephen Harper actual questions.

It's already identified that the ability to hold the government to account and question them is as democratic as voting is. Something to think about when you hear about "scripted questions only" and "media fences".

Stephen Harper also created his own "news channel" because (in his opinion) the media doesn't treat him fairly. Fair and "doing what the king says" seems to be interchangeable in this regard.

- Buckminster Fuller
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

The election is about a year away.

I'm looking forward to more "media fences" to keep the media at least 20 meters away from asking Stephen Harper actual questions.

It's already identified that the ability to hold the government to account and question them is as democratic as voting is. Something to think about when you hear about "scripted questions only" and "media fences".

Stephen Harper also created his own "news channel" because (in his opinion) the media doesn't treat him fairly. Fair and "doing what the king says" seems to be interchangeable in this regard.[/quote]
Llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Watched the CBC yesterday . Apparently it is the Conservatives fault that the Humpback whales population has grown , and apparently the legislation that stipulates that this is to be reviewed every 10 years is just a coincidence . Apparently Justin Tru-Dum isthe only one to trust because he smokes Pot like all average people of Canada ? BS . The scientific study done outside of Canada that shows that the Middle class has been doing 19.7% better in Canada and the USA is stilling the red. By 3% doesn't matter . The fact that the Ontario Liberals have DOUBLED the provincial debt is not mentioned , Quebecs debt has Douled as well . By the way the western and maritime Provinces debts have reduced . BC has a gross debt of 10% that of Ontarios , and BC is the highest debt of all the western provinces . BC debt is 1/6th that of Quebecs .

They announce that a whale s population is up , on earth day , and they are the bad guys ? Amazing . Gee, CBC , still wondering why your funding was reduced ? Oh reduced oly by 30% of what the Chretien government reduced it by , but the Liberals are your favorites , right? No bias with you ? Right?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

The Rooster wrote:The scientific study done outside of Canada that shows that the Middle class has been doing 19.7% better in Canada and the USA is stilling the red.

...and what is the average debt load for the Canadian middle class?

Oh right, highest ever in history. That's not in the Wall Street Journal/Times report.

Anyways you quoted my post and didn't address a single thing in it. Thanks?

- Buckminster Fuller
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

...and what is the average debt load for the Canadian middle class?

Oh right, highest ever in history. That's not in the Wall Street Journal/Times report.

Anyways you quoted my post and didn't address a single thing in it. Thanks?[/quote]

Lllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Wow an international study says that Canada's middle incomers have increased their income by 19.7% and you still preach Justin's lies , I guess that why they're called LIE-Ber-als . Oh hey did you steel the poll results on the reduce of the elections act ? Probably not because the CBC didn't even report on it , anyway the people polled across Canada agreed that vouching was Crap to the tune of 87% for the fixing of the act , which includes Elections Canada . Yes they feel that Elections Canada is to far left and needs correcting .proper ID was also almost unanimously accepted to vote .

Return to “Canada”