UN investigates Canada's treatment of Aboriginal Peoples

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: UN investigates Canada's treatment of Aboriginal Peoples

Post by maryjane48 »

The definition of genocide is a strict one, and by all strict criteria, Canada’s historical treatment of its aboriginal peoples meets the test. Since Confederation, First Nations who led traditional lives and who were technically wards of the state, were deliberately starved, experimented on without their consent, left to die from tuberculosis when the means for saving them were at hand, forcibly relocated at gunpoint, separated from their families, and otherwise prevented from passing on their language, culture, and parenting skills to their children.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/letters_ ... olicy.html
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

It would be a good thing to dig up some land around these residential schools to find all the unmarked graves.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Canadian governments and their agents have never engaged in any form of genocide. Not remotely. Repeating the vile allegation ad nauseum and citing ignorant propagandists who lie shamelessly doesn't make it so. The UN is just trouble-making, as usual, as are its fellow travellers in Canada.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

*personal attack removed/Jo*
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*personal attack removed/Jo*
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

homeownertoo, are you denying that the beothuk people were victims of genocide? or denying that they ever existed?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Im with grama Lets dig Around And See How Many Bodys There Are and To The Question of saying There Was no genicide only The Guilty Would Say that
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:homeownertoo, are you denying that the beothuk people were victims of genocide? or denying that they ever existed?

The last Beothuk died in 1829. 184 years ago. That was called "life" back in those days. Kill or be killed. The strong survive, the weak die. There was no welfare. There were no "human rights". There was no constant crying about compensation or guilt being used for political purposes. Tribes just exterminated each other back then. At least, that's how it was, before the bleeding hearts and the politicians decided that everyone is supposed to feel guilty for events that no one alive today is responsible for, and to revise history. By dredging up this kind of thing, you really are not doing your case any good. What exactly do you want to see happen? Other native groups punished because their ancestors wiped out the Beothuk?
Not afraid to say "It".
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

question
so after reading this the native people commited genocide against the beothuk people, but i guess thats ok??????
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:homeownertoo, are you denying that the beothuk people were victims of genocide? or denying that they ever existed?

What did they have to do with Canadian governments? Stick to the topic.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

lakevixen wrote:Im with grama Lets dig Around And See How Many Bodys There Are and To The Question of saying There Was no genicide only The Guilty Would Say that

Or people who don't deal in lies and smears.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Or people who don't deal in lies and smears

So it's all a lie what happened to the Natives then?, is that what you are saying Homeownertoo? If it is then you are in complete denial. Shame on you.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

the truth wrote:question
so after reading this the native people commited genocide against the beothuk people, but i guess thats ok??????

It's ok because they don't feel guilty about doing it, and there is no profit in attempting to make them feel guilty about it. And they shouldn't feel guilty about it. Since the origins of man up until a few hundred years ago, most of mankind still existed in a tribal culture that was based entirely on the motto of the strongest survive, the weak die. It's only now that history revisionists want there to make the current generation feel guilt for this, even though we had nothing to do with it. It's over. Time to start moving forward. I for one am glad that we now live in a kindler, gentler society where we look after the weak and underprivileged, no matter what their skin colour.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “Canada”