Harper continues to fail Canadians

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Harper continues to fail Canadians

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Harper continues to fail Canadians

Post by Donald G »

*try again without the personal attack/Jo*
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Donald G wrote:To Groove Tunes ...

I assume you are not aware that PM Harper took over at the beginning of the World Financial Meltdown and that Canada continues to be the envy of the world in terms of financial stability?

Nothing like an NDP or Liberal stalwart trying to spin the truth to make their party look better.

Read the article. Did you miss this on purpose?

He over-spent by three times the rate of inflation. He eliminated all the financial shock absorbers that had been built into Canada's budgetary framework to protect against adverse events. And he put this country back into deficit again -- a structural deficit -- BEFORE (not because of) the recession which arrived in late 2008.

Funny as I travel the world you have to really dig to find out anything about Canada. Even the business news NEVER mentions Canada when they talk about the daily stock markets around the world. When I met a self made millionaire a few months back I asked him about Canada and what people think. His answer was...Canada's not even on the radar.

The last news I saw about Canada....the snake killing the two kids.

Harpers a legend in his own little mind along with his supporters who drank the Kool-aid.
Last edited by GrooveTunes on Sep 9th, 2013, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Grove Tunes ...

No I did not miss the bit about spending as a means of keeping the Canadian economy rolling. Isolating the "spending" from the economic situation that required the spending is like criticizing speeding as a horrible, outrageous and dangerous thing until someone gives "the rest of the story" and points out that the speeding was done by an ambulance transporting a heart attack victim to the hospital. That is why the oath in court specifically requires "the whole truth". With respect.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Sorry Donald, it has only been a commodities boom fed by China's stimulus money that has kept Canada afloat.

Harper's policies have meant that all across Canada people have been forced to migrate to northern Alberta for decent jobs. 130,000 + people had to go to Alberta for work last year. I suspect a majority of them would have preferred jobs closer to home.

Harper took a government surplus and turned it into a deficit well [url]before[/url] the financial meltdown. So that's a hollow excuse.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*try again, this time on topic without the personal attack/Jo*

Return to “Canada”