Quebec bans religion

Jonrox

Re: Quebec bans religion

Post by Jonrox »

This goes against everything it means to be Canadian. If this happens, I'd be happy to say "My Canada does not include Quebec".
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Interesting choice of words from Paille.

Bloc expels MP over criticism of Quebec values charter.

Bloc Leader Daniel Paille said Mourani's comments in no way whatsoever reflect the party's position on the controversial charter.

“The charter of Quebec values, far from being an election-driven manoeuvre, a serious strategic error on the part of the sovereigntist movement or, worse, a display of ethnic nationalism, is actually a necessary and fundamental step for the Quebec nation,” he said in a statement.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... rter.html#
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

How does this go against everything it means to be Canadian?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Ontario response to Quebec (they advertised this this week in Quebec colleges and medicine universities to attract to be nurses and doctors) :

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Brilliant advertising strategy.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

quebec is a joke , and i think they should be their own country, good riddance
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imho quebec is the only province left with real old canadian culture, thats why most of you west coast people do not get it,
of course i will also add the maritimes as old canadian culture,,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

oneh2obabe wrote:Interesting choice of words from Paille.

Bloc expels MP over criticism of Quebec values charter.

Bloc Leader Daniel Paille said Mourani's comments in no way whatsoever reflect the party's position on the controversial charter.

“The charter of Quebec values, far from being an election-driven manoeuvre, a serious strategic error on the part of the sovereigntist movement or, worse, a display of ethnic nationalism, is actually a necessary and fundamental step for the Quebec nation,” he said in a statement.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... rter.html#

They are a nation. First thing Harper did was tell Quebec to pick any meaningless word they want to describe themselves. They chose nation and shut up.
Socially anxious, anxiously social
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

This government is full of propaganda. They currently feature tv commercials to buy Quebec grown fruits and vegetable, and at the end it's written in big bold in the whole screen "politic of food sovereignty" in reference to Quebec's sovereignty.

Here it is:

Of course, if you're Canada this ad may not make any sense to you, but the first squash is failing at singing "Ce soir l'amour est dans tes yeux" from Martine St-Clair, everyone knows her out there and her voice and original song is the Quebec squash singing.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Today 9,000 protested the charter [of shame] in Montreal, article says mostly muslim people but also jews, sikhs, christians and atheists:

More pictures and info here:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/0 ... -le-projet
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

normaM wrote:How does this go against everything it means to be Canadian?

From the Canadian Bill of Rights

1. It is hereby recognized and declared that in Canada there have existed and shall continue to exist without discrimination by reason of race, national origin, colour, religion or sex, the following human rights and fundamental freedoms, namely,
(a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof except by due process of law;
(b) the right of the individual to equality before the law and the protection of the law;
(c) freedom of religion;
(d) freedom of speech;
(e) freedom of assembly and association; and
(f) freedom of the press.

That's how.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Since Quebec promoted their chart, a synagog was vandalized and sprayed with pork blood in Saguenay, and this hammam store was vandalized yesterday in Montreal, with the writing saying "PQ Land, go back to your country"

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/0 ... 0.facebook

I think the more it goes, the more we risk to see things like that. Your opinion?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i happen to know a local who lives in the area where this happened, and the word on the street is that ,
the building owners themselves sprayed the building in blood looking to try to get more media support
makes sence too me.great idea on there part if its true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jonrox wrote:This goes against everything it means to be Canadian. If this happens, I'd be happy to say "My Canada does not include Quebec".

My Canada doesn't include Quebec. My Canada includes Canadians, many Quebecois do not feel they are Canadians so they can beggar off, the rest I welcome.

oneh2obabe wrote:Brilliant advertising strategy.

Based on that poster, I have to agree, I think that was most certainly well done, especially since higher enrollment equals higher $$$. Marketing wise.....bang on.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Sigh.

While I'm not a fan of religion, and agree with promoting secularism, I can't agree with what is essentially a fascist dictate.

This seems to me to be just part of pattern of rejection of multiculturalism by the PQ (mine included). Sad, because the world is multicultural.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”