53%
No
47%

Total votes: 32

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Harper the Drug Trafficker

Post by Donald G »

Stay the course Mr Harper. Keep in mind that most of the hecklers who disagree with your financial decisions do not have anywhere near your financial qualifications nor experience. They are like the hecklers in the grandstand who dare not play the game but profess to know everything about it. Given some of the comments I would wonder if a number of those commenting even realize that there is a financial consequence to many of the decisions and changes that you make ... meat, cheese, wine and spirits being a few of the more recent changes.
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

Donald G wrote:Stay the course Mr Harper. Keep in mind that most of the hecklers who disagree with your financial decisions do not have anywhere near your financial qualifications nor experience. They are like the hecklers in the grandstand who dare not play the game but profess to know everything about it. Given some of the comments I would wonder if a number of those commenting even realize that there is a financial consequence to many of the decisions and changes that you make ... meat, cheese, wine and spirits being a few of the more recent changes.

harper may have financial skills, I haven't seen much evidence though, probably because he lacks the morals required to use that knowledge in a way that benefits most Canadians.

No one is doubting the fact that there are financial gains to those changes. How do you not even realize that. It's the point of this thread. The hypocrisy behind loosening some drug laws for financial gains and then refusing to even discuss other drug laws, claiming financial gains are not a legitimate reason to loosen drug laws.

The disagreement is not based on finance. The argument is about morals. I wonder if you even realize there's a difference, having knowledge about finances doesn't mean you're going to use that knowledge in a good way. bernie madoff is a good example of that, the LeBron James of finance, did not have his moral compass pointed in the direction that many assumed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/m ... -1.1489204
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Harper has made a lot of dumb moves in app. but he is the best we have right now. no he is not . The bearded idiot is a no, trudeau has to get of the dope kick, he has some good people with him.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

EVERY food that we eat today has been genetically modified by nature many times down through the millions of years since its bacterial ancestor first appeared when life began on Earth millions of years ago. It is absolutely silly to suggest that genetically modified foods are either all good or all bad. Nature built both high quality foods and poisonous foods through natural genetic modification ... selection/survival of the fittest.
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

alfred2 wrote:Harper has made a lot of dumb moves in app. but he is the best we have right now. no he is not . The bearded idiot is a no, trudeau has to get of the dope kick, he has some good people with him.

When Washington state put 'the dope kick' to vote, they had the largest voter turnout ever and legalized it. It's not just a kick, it's going to happen as soon as someone like Trudeau allows it to propel them to power.
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

Donald G wrote:most of the hecklers who disagree with your financial decisions do not have anywhere near your financial qualifications nor experience.

rideforever wrote:harper may have financial skills, I haven't seen much evidence though, probably because he lacks the morals required to use that knowledge in a way that benefits most Canadians.

Donald G wrote:EVERY food that we eat today has been genetically modified by nature many times down through the millions of years since its bacterial ancestor first appeared when life began on Earth millions of years ago

Debate fail. If you can't think of an argument just state some random info.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It would appear that, according to a number of anti Harper critics who refer to Mr. Harper as a drug trafficker, every Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist and their thousands of assistants, and those having to do with the production, transportation, selling and use of alcoholic beverages or chocolates containing alcohol must also be considered "drug traffickers". Since Vinegar and any number of ointments and cosmetics are also sometimes used for "external medicinal purposes" (see definition of a DRUG) we will have to also include the workers in every cosmetic shop and grocery store in the country.

Sounds like Mr Harper is in pretty good company.
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

Sounds like I've just blown your mind. You're welcome. Maybe now you see that drug traffickers and drugs in general aren't that big a deal. They are everywhere and wasting the amount of money and resources and committing the atrocious injustices we do just to stop one of the most harmless drugs out there is absolute insanity.

I'm not bashing him for trafficking drugs, I'm bashing him for being extremely hypocritical, going to egregiously horrendous lengths to demote a fairly harmless drug because 'drugs are bad' and then going on a drug tour and promoting a much more harmful drug because drugs are fun.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

IMO those who see marijuana as one of Canada's major concerns have precious little to offer the country in terms of mental acumen. Those who expect the Prime Minister of our country to place the legalization of one more recreational drug very high on his list of priorities IMO do not even reach that limited threshold.

The legalization of MEDICINAL marijuana is another matter entirely best left to the medical community to make medicinal determinations ... as is the present case in Canada.

Yesterday. in Kelowna I watched one person sign the PHONEY Sensible BC petition three times ... once for himself and twice for two small children who were with him. What a farce.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Excuse me but my children were playing in our front yard when the drive by happened two blocks away at the Grand over our harmful drug laws. They are only two of many children who have been negatively affected and they only heard the gunshots and saw the getaway vehicle speed past our house thankfully. At least they weren't one of the many who are injured or killed in the crossfire or witness the terrible violence from the illegal market we have handed over on a silver platter. That should be a major concern for any Canadian. Those two kids who are named on the petition deserve to have their voices heard too. I doubt they will actually be counted though as they are not on the registered voters list.

The prohibition of recreational marijuana causes harm to ALL Canadians, whether they use or not. We are imprisoning otherwise non-violent offenders for willingly ingesting or growing a plant. We are wasting countless resources fighting an un-winnable war. People are dying, money is being wasted, other resources are being diverted to it that could be much better used elsewhere. How dare you minimize it's importance to our country as if it is a trivial issue!

And as I've told you countless times before, medical marijuana is already legal in Canada. Why you ignore that fact and keep bringing it up as an issue to fight for I don't know. Selective reading I guess. Access to it is for another thread.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Jennylives: Thank you for illustrating two of my points regarding Sensible BC; the lack of an ability to read what is written by others and the lack of fairness in their methodology. Fortunately for Canada, PM Harper suffers from neither.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Way to dismiss my entire post. FYI the Sensible BC thread is in another forum. This one is focused on Harper's hypocrisy on drug laws at the Federal level.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#104945

'Happy Hours' will return to BC pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Premier Christy Clark made the announcement Tuesday as part of the government's support for a second set of liquor changes in the province.

Clark announced the first round of government supported changes last week at a news conference held at Volcanic Hills Winery in West Kelowna.

Tuesday's reform changes would also allow families to eat together in BC pub's, legions and restaurants, and remove restrictions requiring patrons to order food in a food-primary establishment.

The province also proposes to improve and expand BC's responsible beverage service program, Serving It Right (SIR).

"These changes are about updating antiquated licensing rules to reflect what British Columbians actually want, while continuing to protect public safety" says Clark.

"Families should be able to dine together in their neighbourhood pub. Consumers should be free to order whatever they want in a restaurant."

Tuesday's announcement comes on the heals of Parliamentary Secretary John Yap's review of BC's Liquor Policy.

"I heard throughout my consultations - from pubs, restaurants, legions and British Columbians - that licensing rules have become complicated and onerous over the years and they need to better match modern expectations," says Yap.

"These changes will address that call and strike a balance as we increase convenience for families and the industry, ensure continued growth of BC businesses and continue to safeguard health and safety."

The government has still yet to endorse one of the most widely requested changes - allowing the sale of alcohol in grocery stores.

While she supports the move, Clark stated last week the government has public safety concerns they have to work out.

"I'm concerned about the public safety aspect of that, we need to pay real close attention to that, but at the same time we are making sure that BC products do benefit from it," stated Clark at the time.

It is anticipated Yap's report on the review will be publicly released prior to Feb 14, 2014, once cabinet has had the opportunity to fully consider its 70 plus recommendations.

clark wrote:These changes are about updating antiquated licensing rules to reflect what British Columbians actually want, while continuing to protect public safety" says Clark.

"Families should be able to dine together in their neighbourhood pub. Consumers should be free to order whatever they want in a restaurant."

Looks like harper isn't the only one pushing alcohol by promoting loosened legislation.

If they're going to take the stance that laws to confine the use of our most harmless recreational drug, bud, are a good thing then they really shouldn't be loosening laws that confine our most dangerous drug, alcohol. Not only are they doing that, but they're even having press conferences bragging about it. It shows how egregiously hypocritical they are and discredits pretty much every argument they have for the prohibition of bud.

Clark even has the nerve to mention 'antiquated' laws as if the happy hour ban isn't much younger than bud prohibition, the truly antiquated law.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

I saw that BC was going to bring back Happy Hour - and I realized that I never really noticed that we didn't have it. Of course when I go to Hawaii or elsewhere there usually is a happy hour there, but never really cared about having one in BC. I just hope that pot-heads and dope-smokers don't try and turn this into some kind of platform for their drug whining.
Not afraid to say "It".
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The ongoing argument over how best to deal with mankind's need for their crutches continues. I wonder how many people know that P.M. Harper himself relies on all kinds of people specialized in fields other than politics to form, install or change policies? ... including political opinion surveys to determine whether the majority of voters are for or against any given thing?

Extremely naive to say that Harper himself decided anything in isolation.

Return to “Canada”