Freemen-on-the-Land takes over pensioner's duplex

Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Freemen-on-the-Land takes over pensioner's duplex

Post by Steve-O »

Wow. Why not set aside a tract of land out in middle of the Nevada desert and let them go live as free as they want. Of course they will be responsible for all their own food, water, shelter and what not. How long until they start killing each other off? But hey! it will be their own right after all they are freemen.

I really feel for this lady in Alberta. Conspiracy theorists are just a small step away from being as delusional as this *bleep* in her house.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Y'know, when ya stops and thinks about it, this could happen to anybody that rents out homes or suites, not just little old ladies in Alberta.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

grammafreddy wrote:Y'know, when ya stops and thinks about it, this could happen to anybody that rents out homes or suites, not just little old ladies in Alberta.

Exactly and we as Canadians should not allow it to happen. The Police should be given the authority to step in and force this guy out of the rental home.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Shouldn't he somehow have to prove title to the property?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

grammafreddy wrote:Shouldn't he somehow have to prove title to the property?

Putting a contractor's lien on the house isn't this complicated. Lady made a mistake of not signing a contract with the fella that highlights what needs to be done with the property and how much she'll be paying for it. So, the guy goes all renovation crazy and bills her $20K in expenses. She says no, he puts a lien on the house and stops paying full rent to recover the amount. She thought a couple of conversations is good enough, but when you're a landlord you're running a business, and can't rely on "well, we talked about it" - everything must be in writing.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

A contractor's lien is one thing but he is saying the house is his now (his embassy) and that's what I meant about him having to prove title.

eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

I haven't read the last page and a half but wanted to chime in. This scoundrel is not a fair representation of the freeman movement. From what I understand, the common law that the freemen adhere to is quite simply put like this:

1) do no harm to others and/or their property
2) deal honorably with your contracts

The bum that's highlighted in this article does neither. The actual freeman on the land movement would want nothing to do with him. People's opinions of the movement aside, this guy is just a piece of *s word* and took advantage of the knowledge he's gained online or wherever.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It was reported in this morning's paper that the guy at the centre of this is wanted in Quebec for skipping out half way through an assault trial. Apparently his landlord there was thrown down a flight of stairs resulting in a number of broken bones after this same guy declared the house he was renting an embassy and stopped paying rent. A representative appearing for him in Calgary court refused to give his name stating "I'm not that person any more". An eviction order was issued ordering him to vacate the premises by 12:01 AM this Saturday.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Scammen-on-the-Land...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

[$5,000,000], that's what the star of Calgary's strangest landlord-tenant dispute is demanding to explain his role in a bizarre eviction case -- one that started with Pirelli declaring his rental suite an embassy, and may be ending with Tuesday's court ruling ordering Pirelli out by midnight Friday.

Pirelli is also said to have gone by the name Mario Antonacci while in Quebec, and Caverhill has identified Antonacci as her tenant, via an online video.

In 2007, a warrant was issued for the arrest of a Mario Antonacci in Quebec, after he failed to appear in court.

According to the report in the Quebec press, Antonacci, who claimed his apartment was an embassy, was accused of assaulting his female landlord.

Caverhill says she had no choice but to go to war with her tenant.

On Tuesday, a court finally heard the case -- and the result was an eviction order for Pirelli, who has until Friday at midnight to clear out, plus an order to pay back $8,970 in rent and utility costs

More info here:
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/ca ... 10631.html

I hope nothing bad happens to the lady... she's probably live in fear for the rest of her life now.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

I've been following these "people" for a while with some interest. Most of the time they are harmless except wasting court time. Not that they should not be treated as dangerous as some believe they would just be "defending themselves" by over-reacting violently to being arrested for laws they don't think apply to them.

This one also has the usual 'fee schedule'.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/09/24/ca ... ht-in-gold

An interview costs only $5 million in gold.

There are others worth looking at, but not relevant to this guy. There is a group in Nanaimo going through the courts for saying they were peace officers when going to court (including their own notarized documents and attempting to get their own badges made).

There was a case "meads v meads" that has inflicted severe damage on their movement. Any freeman attempting these arguments in courts can be quickly reduced to nonesense and sent back to focus on actual case merits.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

A Calgary Freeman claiming rented property as his 'embassy' has been ordered out by a court order.

Rebekah Caverhill told CBC Calgary that a court order has been issued against the man living in her Parkdale property. The order says the tenant needs to be out of the property by Friday.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Good news and good riddance once he's gone but unfortunately the money lost won't be recovered. How he can claim reno costs and put a lien on the house when no contract was signed is another nightmare as I can imagine the damage that will need to be repaired.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Captain Awesome wrote:Scammen-on-the-Land...

More like freeloaders-on-the-land.
Last edited by zzontar on Sep 25th, 2013, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Fancy wrote:Good news and good riddance once he's gone but unfortunately the money lost won't be recovered. How he can claim reno costs and put a lien on the house when no contract was signed is another nightmare as I can imagine the damage that will need to be repaired.

He's not gone yet. Hopefully he leaves smoothly and that poor woman can get on with her life.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Canada”