David Suzuki embarrassing himself and Canada Down Under

concernie
Board Meister

Re: David Suzuki embarrassing himself and Canada Down Under

Post by concernie »

logicalview, did you know that Maurice Strong, the oilman-turned eco-fascist, created the IPCC so that climate change could only be attributed to man-made causes? For example, the framework within which the IPCC works is not even so much as allowed to investigate the sun's responsibility. This is the kind of pseudo-science we are dealing with.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born
12 February 1946 (age 67)
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions
University of New England,University of Newcastle,University of Melbourne,University of Adelaide
Alma mater
University of New South Wales,Macquarie University
Thesis
The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable awards
Eureka Prize (1995, 2002),Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland. Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad.
Nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over
One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario. Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention 'Global Warming' Anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why?

It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.

It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.
But, hey, relax...... and have a nice day!"

logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

LOL. Here's another massive waste of our tax dollars in action...as Laurie Brown works for the CBC. It is interesting that Suzuki wants to end our reliance on fossil fuels as a "primary fuel source". How is he going to heat all four of his houses??? With wind turbines? That won't even generate enough energy to fire up his big screen TV...although he could entertain himself by watching bald eagles get chopped up all day I guess...

TORONTO - Canada’s most prominent and controversial environmentalist, Dr. David Suzuki, will be put on trial for seditious libel.

That is the premise of a mock trial — and work of interactive art — which will see Suzuki judged in court of public opinion at the Royal Ontario Museum on Nov. 6. Creator and producer Laurie Brown said when she first asked the Suzuki, he was intrigued by the concept, but leery.

“At first he thought, ‘What do you mean you’re going to try me, I’m the one on trial? I should be putting everyone else on trial,’” she said. “I said, ‘I know that’s what you want to do, but that’s what you always do. Let’s turn the tables around and have a different kind of discussion.’”

The trial will see two actual legal teams square off and be presided over by Justice Harriet Sachs. Brown said the courtroom feels like a “safe space” to debate climate change and wants the event to be inclusive of all views.

“It was really imperative that this event brings in everybody,” she said. “People who say that climate change is no biggie and that we’ll all be okay and our government will take care of it and other people who think the economy trumps the environment and other people who think we are on the road to ruin and are putting canned goods in their basements.”

To get the event rolling, Suzuki announced his “Carbon Manifesto” Tuesday. It’s a document written by Suzuki, Brown and lawyers involved in the production. Amongst other things, the document calls for the end of oil use as a primary fuel source in Canada and sets out to make 70% of the energy consumed from renewable resources.

Brown said a jury of 12 people, along with the audience, will vote on Suzuki’s fate at the conclusion of arguments.

“The whole idea about good art is to throw you off balance and be provocative and show the world as being slightly unstable. I kind of think Suzuki on trial for seditious libel all of a sudden puts us in a slightly unstable spot. Maybe that’s when we can do our best thinking.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/09/da ... mock-trial
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

http://video.showbiz.canoe.ca/video/hub ... 5640929001

LOL. Someone forgot to not send SUN TV an invitation to the announcement of Suzuki's "Mock Trial", and so Ezra shows up. Hilarity ensues as the Suzuki "love in" turns to Suzuki cowardly running away to his Chevy Volt like a deranged lunatic at the site of the Sun TV logo. I did like at the end how Ezra was trying to get some accountability from the Ontario legal profession, as it is completely inappropriate that a supreme court justice is getting involved in a political debate. That goodness we have some form of media in this country that doesn't just bend over and coo and awe over everything Suzuki does. I get that Ezra is over the top and of course is hated by radical leftists everywhere, but its so great that he is making entitled Leftists, who see no issue with wasting taxpayer money, squirm when they are required to finally explain themselves, and actually be held to some accountability. This entire Suzuki "trial" just stinks, and it stinks of a waste of taxpayer resources.
Not afraid to say "It".
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

It's a relief to see so many other people that aren't falling for Suzuki's (and others) eco-crap. I wonder just how much money could be saved/redirected if we eliminated all the global warming fees/taxes? Better still, I wonder what impact could be had if we redirected that money towards things like feeding people?
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

suzuki has always been an emb. it just took the aussies to show his true colors. The cbc hero is no more.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I dunno, there are certainly lots of CBC clips of Dave Suzuki's position on GMOs and the like. Heck there is even one CBC video of him comparing humans to maggots...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I remember theearly 1980s when some completely stupid morons in Penticton
wanted to kill the milfoil in Skaha Lake with 2,4-D. No - I'm not making this up.
They were actually putting 2,4-D into the lake ( where people get their drinking water)
to kill the weed, and that's when david suzuki said "THESE PEOPLE ARE EITHER LIEING
(about it being safe) OR THEY ARE STUPID"

I remember it was in the newspapers.

We need guys like David Suzuki to tell us what's right and what's wrong when we want
2,4-D in our lakes.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

*personal attack removed/Jo* All he believes in is lining his own pockets by preaching garbage to the gulible, then he can't even pratice what he preaches.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Glacier wrote:I dunno, there are certainly lots of CBC clips of Dave Suzuki's position on GMOs and the like. Heck there is even one CBC video of him comparing humans to maggots...

Wait, is he anti GMO too? Thanks to GMO's, I can now detect who is an ignorant buffoon 12x faster.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Thinktank wrote:I remember theearly 1980s when some completely stupid morons in Penticton
wanted to kill the milfoil in Skaha Lake with 2,4-D. No - I'm not making this up.
They were actually putting 2,4-D into the lake ( where people get their drinking water)
to kill the weed, and that's when david suzuki said "THESE PEOPLE ARE EITHER LIEING
(about it being safe) OR THEY ARE STUPID"

I remember it was in the newspapers.

We need guys like David Suzuki to tell us what's right and what's wrong when we want
2,4-D in our lakes.

if you need Suzuki to tell you that putting 2-4-D in a lake is wrong, then you really need to develop your critical thought processes. And once you do that, you'll realize that Suzuki is just a shyster and a hypocrite, who goes around yelling at people who drive SUV's for their "over-consumption", all the while flitting between his four houses. Total sleazebag and a complete fraud.
Not afraid to say "It".
JustinDyck84

Post by JustinDyck84 »

Ok, just so I'm clear here…we're talking about thinking critically and not buying into scams etc., yet this entire thread is revolving around postings from Sun Media. Sun Media is beyond biased. Honestly, if you're a regular viewer of Sun News, shame on you. I've watched enough to not only remember what throwing up in my mouth tastes like, but also to realize that they make no apologies about hateful, dogmatic, and discriminatory reporting. And neither does Ezra Levant, the man responsible for the recent attacks against David Suzuki. I think it's worth mentioning that a few years back Ezra was ordered to pay roughly 57,500 in fines for unfounded, malicious slander against Giacomo Vigna, a human rights lawyer. The judge had some interesting things to say about Ezra, enough to render him completely discredited as a journalist. Obviously, there are those out there who either don't believe in climate science, think Suzuki is a fraud, or heck even both. But if that's the case, post something other than a Sun News post with that clown Ezra Levant behind the wheel. Here is a link to the response from the David Suzuki Foundation to some of the recent allegations. It's worth reading:

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/blogs/panthe ... discourse/
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Good link. The read is worth posting.

Photo: False allegations pollute the well of public discourse
By Peter Robinson
At the David Suzuki Foundation, we pride ourselves in finding science-based solutions to the real and urgent challenges of our time. But we sometimes find ourselves responding to allegations based on lies and exaggerations. Some of our supporters have asked if recent claims made by Sun Media host Ezra Levant are accurate. We think you deserve clear and truthful answers.
For starters, please note: David Suzuki is not the head of a corporation. The David Suzuki Foundation is a registered Canadian charity and David Suzuki has never been a paid staff member. In fact, he is one of our most generous donors and volunteers. He has lived in the same house for decades, a home he has shared with his in-laws and in which he has raised his daughters.

As for the claim that David owns land with an "oil company", we did what journalists are supposed to do before running a story. We checked with the company's owners, a couple living on the Sunshine Coast. They told us the husband's father ran the company in the 1950s and '60s to distribute oil to households and small businesses, mostly for furnaces. When the company folded, they used the assets to buy into co-owned land on remote Nelson Island, and it has not operated as anything other than a holding company since the late 1960s. David and a friend, who knew nothing about the company, bought into the property many years ago with the express purpose of protecting it from development. He has made other investments in real estate to provide for his retirement and family.
We would also like to take a moment to set the record straight: Although Sun Media consistently refers to David Suzuki as a saint, he isn't. He has received many awards and honours, including being named a Companion of the Order of Canada, but he has not been sainted or knighted, and he's human, not infallible. He's a 77-year-old grandfather who has devoted his life to communicating the wonders of science and finding solutions for our shared environmental problems. But mostly he's a human doing what he can to make a positive difference.
We find it strange that anyone would be opposed to protecting the air, water, land and biodiversity that we need for our health and survival, but recent attempts to tarnish the reputation of David Suzuki, as well as the Foundation and other environmental groups, show that some people view short-term profit for the fossil fuel industry as more important than protecting the planet.
Those not familiar with Sun News host Ezra Levant — who also founded a propaganda organization and website to promote the fossil fuel industry and target environmental groups — might be interested to know he has been proven in court to be less than credible, with a judge in one case ruling that he spoke in "reckless disregard of the truth." In fact, he's currently facing another in a string of libel charges. He's also had to apologize publicly for rants and comments that were deemed racist and has been found in violation of the Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council's ethical guidelines. He doesn't believe in the science of climate change, thinks recycling is "pointless" and believes Canada should put all its economic eggs in the oil sands basket. Many of his attacks are ad hominem — that is, they are aimed at perceived flaws in an individual's character rather than his arguments — and most are blatantly false.
He appears to take issue with the fact that David Suzuki has been rewarded for his many well-earned successes as a prolific author, scientist, speaker and host of the popular and long-running TV show The Nature of Things, among other accomplishments.
We at the David Suzuki Foundation appreciate that in the current media environment, some outlets operate under the assumption that allegations don't need to be true; they just need to be plausible. So we may need to occasionally respond to mud-slinging and political rants. But we continue to hope the negative noise will be drowned out by positive and rational discourse aimed at creating a healthy, sustainable future. We'd also like to thank all of those who stand with us, and who see through the lies and keep working to protect our planet, even while vocal interests are doing everything they can to undermine those efforts.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GruntStevens

Post by GruntStevens »

He and Green Peace have been embarrassing themselves and their organizations for decades. They are just BS peddlars.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

JustinDyck84 wrote:Ok, just so I'm clear here…we're talking about thinking critically and not buying into scams etc., yet this entire thread is revolving around postings from Sun Media. /

Nope. It's based around the massive fool Suzuki made of himself on national TV in Australia, where he demonstrated, when questioned in a polite and straight-forward manner, that he knows nothing about the man-made climate change movement. If you want to "think critically", the first thing you should do is start questioning all the bull-crap you are being fed by your leftist professors and teachers. This has nothing to do with "Sun News" and everything to do with how you, and millions of other Canadians, are being scammed by Suzuki.

Watch the actual video of him on TV in Australia. He is so clued out he doesn't even understand or acknowledge that the earth hasn't warmed in over 15 years, despite the fact that even the IPCC, with a vested political interest in lying about man-made climate change, had to admit that this fact is true. He didn't even know the names of the main bodies responsible for measuring earth's temperatures. You would think someone whose foundation prints reams and reams of propaganda, and who personally writes columns about climate change, would know even basic facts about what he is writing about. But he doesn't. He is completely clueless. He hides behind handlers in Canada and runs away from any questioners, but on Australian national TV, he couldn't run away. And we saw, once and for all, that the Emperor has no clothes.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “Canada”